Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-22-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
james harrison begs to differ lol
Wouldn't surprise me but I am just going by what NFL.com has them listed as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If 2-3 sacks is your offensive line winning the battle I hate to see it when it loses. 4-5 sacks per team seems incredibly generous to me.
And as KTrain said, 5 sacks and still winning has been done many many times over the last 5 years.

Yall got me super pumped for this game now. I'll throw out some predictions before the game.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

batch named starter...i could easily see the bucs winning now
Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this will be a hard fought game, but I'm making predictions on this game basically from what i've seen from pittsburgh in the first 2 games. Their offense is not a threat, and has only produced 1 td in 2 games and a total of 27 points in two games.

Their defense has carried them the whole way and special teams contributed in a huge way in week 2.

I don't see this game as a high scoring game at all and see a 10-7, or 13-10 result.

Tampa's a very young team, (2nd youngest in the league), but very talented and motivated team. No doubt this team is going to be a contender in a year or 2, but right now, yes, they can show their inexperience against a defense like pittsburhg.

But, this team has got back to doing what they do best, and thats forcing turnovers and putting pressure on the QB. Dating back to the end of last year, they showed a ton of improvement against Seattle, New Orleans, and Atlanta, allowing a combined 41 points in 3 games (13.6 ppg). Thats great especially against qb's like drew brees and matt ryan.

Now, that momentum has carried over to this season, with a big difference in Freeman and the run defense.

Freeman showed flashes last year of a promising future ahead. He hit the books, weights, practice field, and is a film room junkie. He has all the physical tools, and has got the mental aspect down, especially at 22 years old. From watching tape of the Panthers game, when the plays not their, he either runs or throws the ball away.

If the Bucs defense can force a couple turnovers and the offense doesn't make many mistakes, I think Tampa pulls out with a win in a tight one. But this is Pittsburgh defense, so it's hard to say. They can rattle any QB in the NFL, but I love Freeman's poise and pocket awareness. He can side step, shed tacklers and make plays with his legs, and throwing on the run.
Plus, the steelers going down to the humid and hot Tampa, FL wearing black can be difficult in the 2nd half, when our defense and Josh Freeman seem to be at their best.

Looking forward to an amazing game Sunday! (or dog fight, both will be entertaining)
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, just breaking news i heard of, Tanard Jackson is out for the year for substance abuse policy. HUGE BLOW TO OUR SECONDARY
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Link

2nd Link

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 09-22-2010 at 04:18 PM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

freeman (in the little ive seen of him) reminds me alot of roethlisberger, hes not quite the down field passer but he is good in the pocket and can buy time back there.....steelers really need to come after him and hit him early and often.

i have a bad feeling about this game, good thing i have alot of liquor and beer in my room
Old 09-23-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game I think.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cody Grimm is starting at FS. I thought Sabby would get the start, just because of his experience, but if we're going with the unexperienced guy why not Corey Lynch?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Grimm. Not a bad effort to be starting as a 7th round draft pick. Coaching staff must have faith in him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he going to blow a coverage deep to Wallace?? Please tell me yes. :)

Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Is he going to blow a coverage deep to Wallace?? Please tell me yes. :)
Just throw to Wallace...Talib will be in his face all game long
SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post
Just throw to Wallace...Talib will be in his face all game long
Did I miss something?? Do yall play man coverage now??

Old 09-23-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Did I miss something?? Do yall play man coverage now??
it's a mix between Tampa 2 and Man Coverage.
Vs the Panthers Talib shadowed Steve Smith all game long
Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't Talib be on Hines?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Wouldn't Talib be on Hines?
Barber on Hines
Talib on Wallace

thats what Morris told in his press conference
Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. I can't wait to see the two old, potential HOFers go at it.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

me too

i say both have pretty much the same chance of making the HoF.
Barber and Hines i don't know, they are nearly the same kind of player at a different position. will be a great match up
Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Timmons and Barrett Ruud...two of the most underrated ILBers in the league...both will be extremely important in this game.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

No disrespect to the Steelers fans but I think the Buc's are going to shock the "national" audience this sunday.
1. Josh Freeman as good as his decision making has been in the first two games he looked rusty. We should of beat Cleveland by two more TDs and we should have shut out Carolina.
2. The Steelers had 7 take aways from the Titans and still almost lost. Freeman might have a INT but he is playing smart, I don't see him having multiple turnovers.
3. The heat. I know it's often said and often discounted but it's going to be a factor in our favor.
4. And I have 2 X-Factor's for this game - Kareem Huggins and Sammie. if Caddy is getting shut down, which he probably will, Huggins will get more playing time and his speed is going to to suprise that Steeler defense. Mike Williams and K2 will probably get a lot of extra coverage, Olson has said that he wants to get Sammie more involved, look for Freeman to target Sammie a lot this game...

Just my take...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
No disrespect to the Steelers fans but I think the Buc's are going to shock the "national" audience this sunday.
1. Josh Freeman as good as his decision making has been in the first two games he looked rusty. We should of beat Cleveland by two more TDs and we should have shut out Carolina.
Josh Freeman is playing good. I will give you that. Remember though, this is his first time going against Lebeau. There really isn't a defense like Lebeau's in the NFL.

2. The Steelers had 7 take aways from the Titans and still almost lost. Freeman might have a INT but he is playing smart, I don't see him having multiple turnovers.
We didn't almost lose. It was 19-3 with like 2 minutes left. It wasn't close, those were garbage points.

3. The heat. I know it's often said and often discounted but it's going to be a factor in our favor.
They just played in 90+ degree weather & the high right now in Tampa for Sunday is 89 degrees with showers as a possibility.

4. And I have 2 X-Factor's for this game - Kareem Huggins and Sammie. if Caddy is getting shut down, which he probably will, Huggins will get more playing time and his speed is going to to suprise that Steeler defense. Mike Williams and K2 will probably get a lot of extra coverage, Olson has said that he wants to get Sammie more involved, look for Freeman to target Sammie a lot this game...

The Steelers just shut out CJ2K a.k.a. the fastest back in the NFL. Huggins is not going to be too fast. And Mike Williams will not draw extra attention. He has been a good rookie but c'mon, he is not that good yet. Ike Taylor can stick with a rookie. And I doubt they even give K2 extra attention. Polamalu or Timmons on him all day.

Just my take...
My take on your take.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If our offense shows improvement over the last two weeks, the Steelers win easily. No disrespect towards the Bucs, but I don't think they're ready to take the next step and beat an elite team yet. If Matt Ryan/Roddy White/Michael Turner and Vince Young/CJ2K cannot move on the Steelers defense, I doubt Freeman and company will. I like the Bucs. They have shocked me dearly. They're playing well. I just think reality will set in on Sunday. Can they beat the Steelers? Sure. I don't doubt anything after last season, but this is a motivated and pissed off defense. In year's past, that has proved to be a very dangerous thing for the other team's offense. If the Steelers don't show up and if the Bucs play their A game, they will win though. I just don't see it yet. Gimme another year or so before I think they can be up there as a playoff team.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Almost lose wasn't the right choice of words you are right... Garbage points or not The Steelers let them back in the game at the end, Nate had a pass hit him in the hands that would of been a TD, then they would have had to hit the 2pt. But yea a lot of what if's, your right..
Anyways we shall see, I look forward to it...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Lawrence Timmons and Barrett Ruud...two of the most underrated ILBers in the league...both will be extremely important in this game.
Timmons >>>>>>>>> Ruud.

Ruud is the 3rd best linebacker on the the Bucs.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Cody Grimm is starting at FS.
I think this is just a one week thing in order to have a 4th LB on the field to stop the run.

I would be shocked if someone else is not at FS after the bye week. My money is on Ronde Barber.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

lol at mike williams drawing extra attention

i loved mike williams, i thought hed be the biggest steal before he himself announced hed be the biggest steal....but hes still a rookie, a good one but not exactly a draw extra attention one