Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-24-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda surprised people think the Steelers will take this one easily. Considering the garbage the Steelers have at QB, there isn't enough points there for this game to be a huge pointscorer. It'll be close well into the second half I think.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm kinda surprised people think the Steelers will take this one easily. Considering the garbage the Steelers have at QB, there isn't enough points there for this game to be a huge pointscorer. It'll be close well into the second half I think.
I was kind of thinking the same thing.Kind of reminds when Browns fans were thinking they woudl be fine with delhomme...obviously the Steelers are a much better team than the Browns but similar in the way that they are overlooking their craptastic QB
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol poor Browns.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm certainly not confident about going into a game with anyone but Ben behind the line.

That said, this team is incredible on defense and I think Freeman will have a worse day going against LeBeaus defense then Batch will playing against Tampa. I think Mendenhall is a better RB then Williams, our receivers are better, and our defense is certainly better.

Only way we can lose this game is with special teams or Batch turning the ball over. I don't have much faith in Batch, but I am confident he is smart enough to be careful with the ball.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whichever way it goes, its going to be a close game...we have an elite defense and a poor offense, and the bucs have a good defense and a average/good offense. Thats a combo for a low scoring game!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think work with the first team for a week will do wonders for Charlie instead of just throwing him out there. Now he won't throw for 450 yards and 5 TDs, but I could see 200 and a few TDs. Probably won't happen, though. Charlie would have had nice stats if a holding call didn't cancel out a TD and Hines caught that TD in the endzone.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wasnt that wallace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wallace caught a TD, but it got called back due to I think Scott holding. He later dropped a first down, which made us kick a FG IIRC. Then we had to kick another FG because Hines dropped a fade route in the endzone.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhh, im oddly optimistic about mendenhall running behind the interior line of kemo, pouncey and legs.

if starks is ready to go, that could damn well be a perfect run blocking line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
lol at mike williams drawing extra attention
Please please please play Mike Williams straight up man to man....
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
ahhh, im oddly optimistic about mendenhall running behind the interior line of kemo, pouncey and legs.

if starks is ready to go, that could damn well be a perfect run blocking line
You guys havent seen our new d-line. NT Roy Miller has been playing great football the past 2 weeks. In week 1, he took on the double team of Alex Mack and Steinbach all game and barely budged. In week 2, he was moved back a few times but he still did a great job against Khalil and Wharton (?). I would say he has been the MVP of our defense thus far.

And then we also have Gerald McCoy and Brian Price inside who have played beyond my expectations as rookies. McCoy is so versatile that we move him to DE in running situations.

Cody Grimm is starting at "FS" but really he will be a SS/LB in the box just as Tanard Jackson was during the first 2 games. Grimm is 210 lbs and has great instincts to play the run. Mendenhall will be contained.

HinesWardJr, Batch with 200 yards and a few TDs? Seriously? We have a lot of talent at CB, of course led by Talib (who will be locking down Mike Wallace all game).

The media has been talking about Freeman vs Steelers' D all week, but this Bucs defense is becoming a special unit and holds the key to winning this game.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gameday is almost here ... any sig bets ?? hehe

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I absolutely love how confident we Buc fans have become after two games. It is a pleasant change from the pathetic team esteem levels we had last year.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
--- Greg Lloyd is a defensive assistant for the Tampa Bay Bucs, a job that used to be called quality control coach. Jerry Olsavsky holds that same job with the Steelers. They were teammates and friends and when Lloyd tore up his knee in Jacksonville in 1996, Olsavsky cried.
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ers-foe-sunday

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Gameday is almost here ... any sig bets ?? hehe
I'll take a sig bet ;)

I win... "Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Team of Crackheads"
You win... "Pittsburgh Steelers, Team of Rapists"

?

Name a bet!

Last edited by Jakey : 09-25-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I'll take a sig bet ;)

I win... "Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Team of Crackheads"
You win... "Pittsburgh Steelers, Team of Rapists"

?

Name a bet!
******** bet either way because Ben was never convicted, or charged even, and he's a pot head not a crackhead. Huge difference. Many pot heads lead productive lives, not so much for crackheads.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Please please please play Mike Williams straight up man to man....
I'm fairly confident Taylor will be on him most of the game, but there will always be a safety over the top.

Expect the linebackers and Polamalu to take turns covering Winslow.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
******** bet either way because Ben was never convicted, or charged even, and he's a pot head not a crackhead. Huge difference. Many pot heads lead productive lives, not so much for crackheads.
Haha i know that, its a massive over-exaduration. Ben is definately not a rapist, and Talib and Jackson are definately not crackheads. It would just be fun to bet on such a demoralising sig.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben definitely is a rapist. Twice over.

Talib and Jackson are definitely not crackheads.

Big difference.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

mike williams has played well against, cleveland and carolina, both in the bottom 5 of the nfl... just saying

sig by me
Go buckeyes,steelers, cavs

PM me for jersey transfers
steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcrew43 View Post
mike williams has played well against, cleveland and carolina, both in the bottom 5 of the nfl... just saying
First two weeks were like preseason games for Freeman because of the missed time. Mike Williams should have twice the stats he has right now...

Through the first two weeks the Browns have the 8th ranked pass D and the Panthers have the 19th ranked pass D. Just sayin..

Last edited by KennyG : 09-25-2010 at 10:09 PM.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game will be a difficult task for Freeman and the Bucs offense.

Honestly, the thing that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE is when the so called "experts" pick against the bucs to get destroyed for the 3rd game in a row.

WEEK 1: all those "experts" say that Tampa would be lucky to win 2 games this year, and that Cleveland is far ahead of them because of Holmgren. TB dominates the 2nd half and wins the game.

WEEK 2: All about how Carolina loses to NYG and says that Tampa is the "perfect" rebound game. What happens? Tampa completely dominates the game, 20-7 and only gave up a "lucky" td to steve smith all because Talib slipped on the play.

After these so called "experts" predicted Tampa would get blown out and be 0-2 after two weeks, they now say Tampa played no one! Hey, if they played "no ONE", how come they all predicted them to lose both games?

I really think no1 knows how talented this team is.. Yes they are very young, but talented. I think with the fact that this team is STILL riding high off their victory against a Super Champ New Orleans Team at the end of last year has boosted confidence and this defense is playing awesome.

This will be a close game and defensive battle, but dont automatically think Pitt will Rollover this team. . If we lose, it will be close. . If we win, it will be close.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcrew43 View Post
I WOULD LOVE FOR PITTSBURGH to go 1 on 1 with McFadden against Williams with no safety help. Williams is a stud. He is only a rookie and is making an impact. Both Cleveland and Carolina's strength is pass defense btw. Polumalu will be forced to cover an athletic TE like Winslow, so that will free up Mike WIlliams. He could be set up for a big day.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Also, btw, I wouldn't say M-Will is only benefiting because of him matching up against Cle and Car. He was tearing up Pre-season like it was nothing. He is going to be a stud #1 WR in this league.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

My prediction:

Steelers 14 Buccaneers 10.

We're a good, young team who is improving in leaps and bounds. But I just think the Steelers D is too experienced and too hardworking for our young offense. We'll put in an encouraging performance, but will lose a hard fought game.