Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Reggie Bush's leg fractured?

Sources: Reggie Bush has leg fracture

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5598337

That was a weird injury, and didn't look good. Not your normal knee injury though. he seemed safe laying down flat, but the big man just crushed him and that leg.

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush has a fractured fibula in his right leg, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The injury is not expected to end Bush's season, sources said, indicating he could return in four to six weeks. More tests were scheduled for Tuesday.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to PFT it could be the fibula?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter says it's not season-ending on Twitter. Hopefully he can get back to full health in time for the stretch run, he adds a whole new dimension to that Saints offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
according to PFT it could be the fibula?
It looked ugly on slow mo, that's all I know.

And 4 weeks is ridiculously over-optimistic.
It will be closer to 8 weeks than 4, and could be longer than 8 games.

Ryan Grant, gone.
Leonard Weaver, gone.
Justin Harrell, gone.
Kris Jenkins, gone.
Jamal Jackson, gone.
Reggie Buish, gone.
Ryan Mathews, ?

I'm forgetting many.... who else?
Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford's gonna gone another 3-4 games

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look, Bush is hurt... again. How many times has he been hurt in his career? It seems like this is a yearly thing, I could be wrong though.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone explain to me how he can fracture his leg and only be out a month and a half?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much for that break out season...
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I see what you did there.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Scouts Inc. guru Matt Williamson.

“This is not good news for a guy whose whole game is based on his speed and quickness,’’ Williamson said. “He’s had leg injuries before and he’s never been a quick healer. Even when he’s come back, it generally has been at least a couple of games before he really gets into a rhythm. It’s really too bad because, going back to last year’s playoffs, through the preseason and into the start of the regular season, he was looking healthier than he had in a long time and he was running very well. This is going to hurt the Saints in a lot of ways.’’

“Nobody else in the league has a guy quite like him,’’ Williamson said. “He’s so unique. He’s a running back who makes everyone else around him better and usually it’s the other way around. He’s so instrumental in making a defense declare what it’s doing because you can put him in motion and find out exactly what the defense is going to do. Now, it’s going to be a lot harder for the Saints to scheme things.’’
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
can someone explain to me how he can fracture his leg and only be out a month and a half?
Um, because six weeks is the standard healing time for fractured bones. It's not like it was a compound fracture (bone broken all the way through), a ligament tear, or a muscle tear.

Also, if it's the fibula, he'll probably be back before six weeks. The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone in the leg. Guys have played with broken/fractured fibulas before, it's not a new thing.

Sucks for Reggie. I'm prob his biggest critic, but I've been seeing a burst and decisiveness out of him this year that I hadn't seen yet. I think this injury all but guarantees he won't be in NO next year, unless he agrees to a hefty salary reduction.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-21-2010 at 11:12 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Um, because six weeks is the standard healing time for fractured bones. It's not like it was a compound fracture (bone broken all the way through), a ligament tear, or a muscle tear.

Also, if it's the fibula, he'll probably be back before six weeks. The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone in the leg. Guys have played with broken/fractured fibulas before, it's not a new thing.

Sucks for Reggie. I'm prob his biggest critic, but I've been seeing a burst and decisiveness out of him this year that I hadn't seen yet. I think this injury all but guarantees he won't be in NO next year, unless he agrees to a hefty salary reduction.
Tell him to throw some dirt on it and get back out there. Damn Nancies!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
make or break season really

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Saints fan, and Reggie is important to the offense. But his impact is still very overblown. He does some good things in the receiving game and creates some matchup problems, but he is no where near to the most important person to that offense. Pierre Thomas is way better at running the ball, and a pretty good receiver in his own right.

If anything I feel like the Saints run into trouble when we try to get too fancy and go away from the running game which is very effective. I think we'll miss him most as a punt returner.

The only reason I really felt the need to say this is all the people on SC talking about how much he impacts the Saints offense.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Oh look, Bush is hurt... again. How many times has he been hurt in his career? It seems like this is a yearly thing, I could be wrong though.

He's been hurt every year, or recovering at the least =/

Quote:
:(

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 09-21-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
I'm a Saints fan, and Reggie is important to the offense. But his impact is still very overblown. He does some good things in the receiving game and creates some matchup problems, but he is no where near to the most important person to that offense. Pierre Thomas is way better at running the ball, and a pretty good receiver in his own right.

If anything I feel like the Saints run into trouble when we try to get too fancy and go away from the running game which is very effective. I think we'll miss him most as a punt returner.

The only reason I really felt the need to say this is all the people on SC talking about how much he impacts the Saints offense.
It's been said many, many times on this board: he's the highest paid decoy in the league.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, and most everyone, even the biggest critics, feel like Bush hasn't been getting enough carries for a while now, especially when Thomas isn't running well.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
He's been hurt every year, or recovering at the least =/

:(

That's what I thought, but wasn't totally 100% sure. He is a good player, but I never have been a fan of his in the NFL. I thought he was drafted way to high and cost a lot of money based on what you saw in college.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
That's what I thought, but wasn't totally 100% sure. He is a good player, but I never have been a fan of his in the NFL. I thought he was drafted way to high and cost a lot of money based on what you saw in college.

My real problem is right now, is that this is his second injury on a punt return freak accident, and he's had a bad injury on a reverse before too. Keep it simple Payton?

It's so frustrating, because you definitely want him returning punts, I mean, everytime there is any space he's taking it deep, but this is the second time he will miss significant time because of returning punts.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully this convinces teams to never spend top 5 picks on RB's...
Old 09-21-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
hopefully this convinces teams to never spend top 5 picks on RB's...
You mean never spend top five picks on runningbacks who don't have absolutely dominant skillsets, like Adrian Peterson.

Reggie Bush had ridiculous production in college, but there's a guy with his exact skillset in every draft, and he usually goes about three rounds lower than Bush did.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
My real problem is right now, is that this is his second injury on a punt return freak accident, and he's had a bad injury on a reverse before too. Keep it simple Payton?

It's so frustrating, because you definitely want him returning punts, I mean, everytime there is any space he's taking it deep, but this is the second time he will miss significant time because of returning punts.
Well he has to play special teams at least. The hype for Bush coming out was so extreme. He was basically an RB who can catch the ball, AND be a force on special teams. Evidence of this was what he did in college. And so he was drafted early, and paid a lot of money.

But now he is not a full time RB, and if that's the case he has to impact on special teams. So even if he gets hurt, keep playing him there. If you want to save him him from that, then at least be a full time RB, and maybe have another RB to take some reps. But make Bush the feature back then.

See the problem he is too brittle. I knew this when he was coming out. I knew injury issues would plague him in some capacity doing something, be it being an RB or playing special teams.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

The team has doubts about giving him a full work load, because of things like this. Can't say I blame them. They've been wanting to increase his work load, since most of last year he was nearing 6 yards per carry, and running a lot better, but they are hesitant.

Still, there have been smaller and less well put together backs that don't get injured, and carry a much bigger load. Hell, Chris Johnson is a little taller, and even thinner and just came off close to 400 touches, after being injury plagued in college(where Reggie had none of any significance).

I'm no doctor, so I really don't know why some guys get hurt more than others, just seems like bad luck with some of them, like that was really a freak play.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The team has doubts about giving him a full work load, because of things like this. Can't say I blame them. They've been wanting to increase his work load, since most of last year he was nearing 6 yards per carry, and running a lot better, but they are hesitant.

Still, there have been smaller and less well put together backs that don't get injured, and carry a much bigger load. Hell, Chris Johnson is a little taller, and even thinner and just came off close to 400 touches, after being injury plagued in college(where Reggie had none of any significance).

I'm no doctor, so I really don't know why some guys get hurt more than others, just seems like bad luck with some of them, like that was really a freak play.
Yeah, that's why I really don't like Bush. That whole USC team, from a skill player, point of view are having issues.

Matt L = Bust
Reggie Bush = overrated
Dwayne Jarret = slow progression
L. White = stagnant

In that regard I am glad we drafted Steve Smith.

That team was like an NFL team in college, and now some of those key guys are struggling.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

How can Bush be overrated, almost everyone here thinks he sucks, doesn't do anything well, and makes us worse.