Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush was overrated as an NFL running back coming out, but I think that most guys on here realize full well that he's a unique weapon.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's at the point where he could be the player he was "supposed" to be, if his body would hold up, which doesn't seem likely at this point.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You draft someone # 2 to do the regular stuff, play special teams, and then be unique. At that draft slot, and the money you get paid for it, you want everything. Basically the hype coming out for him you'd expect, Adrian Peterson or CJ type RB, with Devon Hester type special teams impact, and then the other stuff he can do well. That's what he did in college, and what you expect when you draft him # 2.

He isn't an every down back, he is a unique weapon, and he does play special teams, but also is injury prone too. So does he warrant being a # 2 pick? I don't think so, but he was highly productive in college, and that a lot of those USC players have flopped from that team.

Matt L
Dwayne Jarrett
LenDale White
Dominque Byrd TE
Frostee Rucker DE
Darnell Bing
Fred Matua
Winston Justice
Lawrence Jackson DE
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
He isn't an every down back, he is a unique weapon, and he does play special teams, but also is injury prone too. So does he warrant being a # 2 pick? I don't think so, but he was highly productive in college, and that a lot of those USC players have flopped from that team.

Matt L
Dwayne Jarrett
LenDale White
Dominque Byrd TE
Frostee Rucker DE
Darnell Bing
Fred Matua
Winston Justice
Lawrence Jackson DE
But ESPN told me this was the greatest CFB team of all time! :(
Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
They may be right, but when you have an NFL caliber team playing college teams you're usually going to get good production. Wasn't Matt L a highly successful AND productive QB? How about D. Jarrett? These are all highly productive college players, who are not even avg.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
They may be right, but when you have an NFL caliber team playing college teams you're usually going to get good production. Wasn't Matt L a highly successful AND productive QB? How about D. Jarrett? These are all highly productive college players, who are not even avg.
Offensive line:
Sam Baker, Fred Matua, Ryan Kalil, Deuce Lutui, and Winston Justice

That's the reason USC was so damn good. Two bookend tackles who have developed into very good pros, and a center whose probably #2 in the NFL behind Mangold. Lutui was having a decent career as well until he got his extension and ballooned up this year. The only one that washed out of the pros was Matua, and he was still drafted.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Offensive line:

That's the reason USC was so damn good. Two bookend tackles who have developed into very good pros, and a center whose probably #2 in the NFL behind Mangold. Lutui was having a decent career as well until he got his extension and ballooned up this year. The only one that washed out of the pros was Matua, and he was still drafted.
USC's ******* ridiculous downfield blocking had more to do with Reggie's success than the line. I'd credit them for Lendale though, and a lot of Leinart with the rest going to the 6'5 receivers rofling at the pac-10 corners.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was bashing that USC team's NFL potential back before it was cool. I'm really hip and smart like that. Pretty much the only guys I really liked were on the OL, and even then I managed to underrate Baker.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, if it's the fibula, he'll probably be back before six weeks. The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone in the leg. Guys have played with broken/fractured fibulas before, it's not a new thing.[/b]
This is true. You don't even your fibula. Had mine removed years ago.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a stat on football outsiders. From 2006-2009, the Saints averaged 25.3 ppg with Reggie Bush in the lineup and 32.7 ppg with him unavailable due to injury (not including the postseason).

This is a minor loss, but only a minor one. His impact is definitely overrated. And besides, if Chris Ivory beasts as much as I think he will, this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have liked what I had been seeing from Reggie lately from the NFC Championship game until now. His absence leaves us precariously thin at running back and we will lose a dynamic part of the offense. With that being said, our offense was just as good, if not, better during the games when he was out. We'll see if that trend continues.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is funny is that we have been pedestrian the last few weeks, averaging like 20 through the first 2 games. Now Reggie will miss 4 weeks, and we'll average like 30+ and people will go "ZOMG they average way more without him!" even though he was getting a criminally low amount of touches.

Pierre Thomas will pick up his 3 yard per carry average and we will conclude that he is a much better player when Ivory/Betts sub in for him, and not Reggie, lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Even though that segment was ridiculous, and nowhere close to being true, whether or not those guys panned out in the NFL really has no bearing on how you would rank them as a College team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I picked TExas before that game, but I wonder if Texas would have won if ESPN didn't dog them out for a month and light a bonfire under their ass.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I picked TExas before that game, but I wonder if Texas would have won if ESPN didn't dog them out for a month and light a bonfire under their ass.
That's a good point, but then again if Reggie didn't try to do the dumbest mid-air lateral I've ever seen in my life Texas could have still lost anyway. I bought that game on DVD from a BCS website somewhere and still watch it every now and then. Greatest CFB I've ever seen, don't know how long until something tops it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I bought that game on DVD from a BCS website somewhere and still watch it every now and then. Greatest CFB I've ever seen, don't know how long until something tops it for me.
I have it too, and it was the best, most exciting big game in CFB I can ever remember. Boise St & Oklahoma was a great game, but wasn't for all the marbles.

Two Heisman winners on one side, Vince Young on the other.
VY truely felt he deserved the Heisman, and who can blame him. He carried that team on his shoulders.

VY proved to me in that game that he was right, that he deserved the Heisman.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I whip my leg back and forth.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Seriously, that's the best football game I've watched period, and I'm a far far far bigger fan of the pro game.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karma is a ***** lol. Sure he is dynamic but not an all out star. Still hurts the chances of the Saints going back to back whether they believe it or not.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That's a good point, but then again if Reggie didn't try to do the dumbest mid-air lateral I've ever seen in my life Texas could have still lost anyway. I bought that game on DVD from a BCS website somewhere and still watch it every now and then. Greatest CFB I've ever seen, don't know how long until something tops it for me.
For sure, one of the greatest football games I have ever witnessed and I didn't even get to watch the entire game. The game was just pure greatness.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Offensive line:

he didn't get an extension and he has always been around 360, but he did come into camp at 400 until Lott worked his ass over
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Bush was overrated as an NFL running back coming out, but I think that most guys on here realize full well that he's a unique weapon.
How unique is he, really? I mean, completely forget what he did at USC or where he was drafted, because it's irrelevant at this point. Does he really give their offense anything that a guy like Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, or Kevin Faulk in his prime? Probably not. He's definitely not as dynamic of a weapon as Brian Westbrook or Marshall Faulk were in their primes. Those were unique weapons.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote