Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame that the game vs the Falcons isn't in Atlanta. That would have been fun.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such good news. Living in the Philadelphia area for the past few years I watch and have grown to like the Eagles, and they're just so much more fun to watch with Vick in there. He's playing great. On top of that it's great for fantasy since I've got him in both of my leagues - should at least be a really good option against the Jags. Hopefully he starts the rest of the year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This calls for celebration! Everyone go listen to the Mike Vick Best QB Alive song!

http://www.myspace.com/htownsports

(slight ww for language/cheerleader pics)
Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of his, but clearly he's still a beast on the field. It's the right call by the Eagles.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Kolb is the starter and Vick couldn't wick the starting job?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
What happened to Kolb is the starter and Vick couldn't wick the starting job?
Coach PR speak is coach PR speak.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Btw, Kolb era lasts 2 quarters. Lawl. I never seen a more overhyped qb in the offseason fail this hard this fast before like ever.
LOL right. Funny as ****.

I too wanted to see Kolb fail some more, and laugh at Philly fans more in the process, but now Philly is gonna be legit enough to win the division.

I can't wait to see what Vick does the remainder of the season, he improves Desean & Lesean tremendously, McCoy is gonna be a very dangerous RB with a runner like Vick back there.

I can't be happier for Vick, I think people are gonna see that he's really better then half of the starting QB's in the league right now so teams with a crappy ass starting QB are gonna regret not giving him a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Coach PR speak is coach PR speak.
more like they realized who sells more tickets and jerseys.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
WOW!

I'm glad Andy Reid had the balls to make the right move.
To be fair, his job is on the line, although I am surprised he made the move this early but it was kind of hard not to given how Vick has played so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This really ruins my day. Vick makes the Eagles SB contenders again.

They were gonna fail so hard with Kolb. Now I gotta hope that somehow someway Vick leaves this offseason for more money elsewhere.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Sure, Vick makes our offense a lot better and his mobility really makes up for our makeshift o-line, but with the way our d is playing we are nowhere near superbowl contenders right now. If we can get Bradley healthy that may change but for now we'll be fighting to make the playoffs.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Sure, Vick makes our offense a lot better and his mobility really makes up for our makeshift o-line, but with the way our d is playing we are nowhere near superbowl contenders right now. If we can get Bradley healthy that may change but for now we'll be fighting to make the playoffs.
Stewart Bradley= Ray Lewis? lol really come on now Bradley is not a elite MLB
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He doesn't need to be elite for his loss to have a significant impact on that defense. Hell, the Eagles D got shredded by the Shaun Hill led Lions last week. I'd say there is some cause for concern there.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 09-21-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
To be fair, his job is on the line, although I am surprised he made the move this early but it was kind of hard not to given how Vick has played so far.

Anything is possible with Michael Vick.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding to what I said earlier, Kolb as a backup makes a lot of sense anyway. You have to worry about Vick's well-being, considering how many hits he'll be taking. Kolb gives them a serviceable option if Vick goes down
Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and hide ur dogs cuz vick is bout to rape errbody out here
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't I hear today that Kevin Kolb was their starting quarterback and now Andy Reid has switched his decision?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
No, but the defense does play a lot better when he is in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
You keep holding out on Kolb but that development you're talking about probably isn't ever going to happen.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He beat the Detroit Lions and a GB defense most say is overrated. It puts the eagles in an awkward position if Vick decides to leave for another team in the offseason. If the eagles are a losing team with Vick, even if he plays well, do they go back to Kolb?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb is a system QB from Univ. of Houston, he's just not that great. Colt McCoy has a better chance of being a starter than him. He's had three years of development, he's as good as he'll ever be.

Vick isn't my favorite player, but the man did his time, put in his year as a backup, and now he's come out strong. He's better than he ever was in Atlanta.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but i thought kolb wuz the greatest thing ever lol on a serious note thought i really wanted kolb to start when he played the skins
Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised this thread isn't blowing up.

But Ha-HA Kolb. Also where you at Thumper?

Last edited by brat316 : 09-21-2010 at 09:19 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Kolb is a system QB from Univ. of Houston, he's just not that great. Colt McCoy has a better chance of being a starter than him. He's had three years of development, he's as good as he'll ever be.

Vick isn't my favorite player, but the man did his time, put in his year as a backup, and now he's come out strong. He's better than he ever was in Atlanta.
I see what you did there.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Vick was clearly the better option, but I do think people are grossly underrating Kolb. It was week one and a lot of quarterbacks were out of sync. Not to mention Vick was and is more equipped to evade pressure, as he did against the Pack.

Kolb could start for some teams, easily.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post

Because Andy Reid has time to develop a QB over the next few years. Man this is gonna be exciting, Mcneezy vs Vick twice this year hopefully. BTW the bolded is such an overstatement, if you couldn't win a superbowl in Mcnabb's prime I highly doubt Kolb is your answer to the future. Vick is the better QB right now why not fly with him. If Vick can return to form I'd see he has at least 5 years left in him maybe more with the time off. I think Kolb can be solid but I don't think he's a franchise QB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL right. Funny as ****.

I too wanted to see Kolb fail some more, and laugh at Philly fans more in the process, but now Philly is gonna be legit enough to win the division.

I can't wait to see what Vick does the remainder of the season, he improves Desean & Lesean tremendously, McCoy is gonna be a very dangerous RB with a runner like Vick back there.

I can't be happier for Vick, I think people are gonna see that he's really better then half of the starting QB's in the league right now so teams with a crappy ass starting QB are gonna regret not giving him a shot.
Ugh its gives them more of a shot, right now Washington looks like they may win it. Eagles D is up and down.

Also you mostly have to laugh at Thumper. Most of the other Eagles fans thought he sucked(Sniper), or were waiting a few games before they passed judgement.

Now there is a new guy on the board who thinks Kolb is the SHiiit, and they need to play him, cause ya know he is the greatest thing ever and doesn't suck.