Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
No, cause they realized the Kolb project was a fail. So now drafting a Qb has moved to the top of the list. Now when they draft a new one in the first round they can work on developing him. They developed him for 3 years, if isn't ready by now not much is going to change it can, but its probably not. He is a great back-up and off the bench qb, but he is not a franchise qb.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
shinzo123
Rookie

shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.

I'm pleased but disappointed, Kolb was going to embarrass himself out there.
shinzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I'm surprised this thread isn't blowing up.

But Ha-HA Kolb. Also where you at Thumper?
Quote:
Gah, this is a BAAD decision. If Vick keeps starting and the Eagles abandon Kolb the Eagles just threw the next few years down the drain in favor of a few extra wins this season. I love Mike Vick and I think he is playing great but the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years. The only way this becomes worth it is if Vick wins the superbowl.

That said, I am excited to watch Vick and I support him completely, he is the ideal player for this offense right now and Andy Reid loves him some Vick, the reason Vick is an Eagle is because Andy had dreams that one day Vick would be playing like he is now.
There you go.

Quote:
the Eagles really need to develop Kolb if they want to develop a winning team for the next few years.
It's his fourth ******* year. He's not some fifth-round project QB.

Last edited by Sniper : 09-21-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving the ball to the hot hand FTW.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this news has made me soil my loins MVP MVP
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Because Andy Reid has time to develop a QB over the next few years. Man this is gonna be exciting, Mcneezy vs Vick twice this year hopefully. BTW the bolded is such an overstatement, if you couldn't win a superbowl in Mcnabb's prime I highly doubt Kolb is your answer to the future. Vick is the better QB right now why not fly with him. If Vick can return to form I'd see he has at least 5 years left in him maybe more with the time off. I think Kolb can be solid but I don't think he's a franchise QB.
Oh no doubt, I'm just saying that Kolb is the future and Vick's contract ends this season. I just don't think its wise to set the team back and limit Kolb's experience, they'll be right back to square one next year and Vick won't be around. I don't think a couple more wins this year is worth potentially destroying the future of this team.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pull a Patriot. Vick tears it up, you franchise him and then trade him away for some serious ish like the Patriots did with Cassel.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll end up signing Vick to 2-3 more years mid season.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the Eagles are getting everything they deserve.

They traded the best quarterback in their history, a guy who had been amazingly consistent for them just so they wouldn't lose a shot at keeping the guy they drafted to be his replacement. Now they are abandoning that whole plan to go with the hot hand.

Granted, Kolb's job was sacrificed the moment Vick touched the field. We know that Vick, even when his QB play is mediocre, is a valuable player. Giving a quarterback who is going to go through growing pains a capable and exciting backup with the kinds of fans that Philly has was a horrible mistake, flat out.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Mike Vick, great move. He's playing as well as we've ever seen.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Michael Vick. I know he was motivated to play football again because he was bankrupt but I'm impressed by the way he has handled everything. He could have complained about his situation but he kept his mouth shut and let his play work it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO @ all the those arguments about Kolb this summer... he looked terrible, but I'll give him another game or two.

All aboard the Vick train, I wish I picked him up in fantasy when I could -__-

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles barely beat the Lions...Vick was sacked 5 times, he wasn't really allowed to break off any long runs, and his only real success was chucking it deep right before getting sacked to Desean Jackson, who the Lions obviously weren't equipped to cover.

How exactly does this make the Eagles a contender again? I have them going 8-8 at best, they have a tough schedule, Jacksonville, Tennessee and SF are their easiest games, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had trouble with all 3.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
The Eagles barely beat the Lions...Vick was sacked 5 times, he wasn't really allowed to break off any long runs, and his only real success was chucking it deep right before getting sacked to Desean Jackson, who the Lions obviously weren't equipped to cover.

How exactly does this make the Eagles a contender again? I have them going 8-8 at best, they have a tough schedule, Jacksonville, Tennessee and SF are their easiest games, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had trouble with all 3.

The NFC East isn't exactly looking too good right now.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing wrong with riding the hot hand. Starting jobs shouldn't be promised to people who don't perform, it should always go to the best player, and right now that is clearly Vick. Kolb didn't look too good before he went down.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
That's a good point and it may have entered into the thinking on playing Vick. I still think you'll need a winning record to win the division, unlike the NFC west where the first team to 7 wins probably gets to the playoffs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good move to keep yourself from having to draft in the top 10, but it's a STUPID move long term. If Kolb isn't the answer, you're f***ed.

Maybe the Eagles can trade a 1st rounder for McNabb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Nothing wrong with riding the hot hand. Starting jobs shouldn't be promised to people who don't perform, it should always go to the best player, and right now that is clearly Vick. Kolb didn't look too good before he went down.
This is true when you are talking about everyone except a QB. When you are talking about the QB, you have to just suffer through the bad starts to get to the good (and great) ones.

Vick is just a short term answer.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Thats true, and when I counted that 8-8 up I had them going 4-2 in the division, I think they go 2-0 against the Cowboys and split with the Giants and Redskins. And that's being optimistic, all 3 of those teams have the talent to beat the Eagles.

But outside the division they play the Jags, 49ers, Falcons, Titans, Colts, Bears, Texans and Vikings. Of those I think they'll beat the Jags and 49ers. But I could also see Gore and MJD tearing them up, and I could see Patrick Willis making Vick his ***** for 4 quarters, and Nate Clements shutting Desean down.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 09-21-2010 at 10:08 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Thats true, and when I counted that 8-8 up I had them going 4-2 in the division, I think they go 2-0 against the Cowboys and split with the Giants and Redskins. And that's being optimistic, all 3 of those teams have the talent to beat the Eagles.

But outside the division they play the Jags, 49ers, Falcons, Titans, Colts, Bears, Texans and Vikings. Of those I think they'll beat the Jags and 49ers.
The Eagles are beating the Cowboys twice? I wouldnt bet the rent money on that one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The Eagles are beating the Cowboys twice? I wouldnt bet the rent money on that one.
I wouldn't bet on it either, but I was giving the Eagles best case scenario.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Have you seen the Cowboys this year? Have you seen the Eagles offense? Yeah, not out of the question.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you seen the Cowboys this year? Have you seen the Eagles offense? Yeah, not out of the question.
The Packers prepared for a pocket QB and it was the Lions D. I think the home team would be favored by 3 in each game if you are evaluating right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are acting as if Kolb sitting a few games is somehow going to ruin his career. Sheesh.

And who's to say Vick can't be the future? Kolb isn't a rookie. He's been developing behind McNabb for years. If he's not ready now and doesn't give the team the best chance to win, and Vick does, then Vick should start over him until he proves he should be the starter again.

And I get the whole, "They traded McNabb to make Kolb the starter for the future. If they're serious about that, then they should stick with Kolb through the thick and thin." But, all this was before Vick came in and showed his resurgence. If you have one QB that you'll win with and another QB you'll lose with in the NFL, then you start the one who wins. Only bad teams are forced to start the QBotF because they have no other choice. They're gonna lose anyway, so they might as well show their fans the future to keep their interest and give the young player experience to help (or in some cases hurt) his development. It's a unique situation.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
shinzo123
Rookie

shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.

Id worry a little less about the man who beats teams himself and more about that Eagles D yeeesshh they are bad. Though they have faced 2 tough offenses.
shinzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
People are acting as if Kolb sitting a few games is somehow going to ruin his career. Sheesh.
Please, this is a huge philosophical shift for Philadelphia.

If Kolb is healthy and fully able to go, choosing to start Vick here means that you hope Vick starts the whole season. If Vick starts the whole season (meaning he succeeds), there'd be no logical reason to go with the guy you choose to bench instead of him moving forward. Philadelphia has potential set in motion a situation where Michael Vick is their QB for the near future.

That is a huge change from this past offseason, when the team traded the face of their franchise to give Kolb a chance to shine, gave the kid a new contract, and generally did everything possible to set the stage for him beginning his career as an NFL starter.

Don't act like this is a few games. This is a vote of confidence (or lack thereof).