Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crumpler was Vick's most reliable weapon, and the coaches worked to get him open in space. The problem for the Eagles right now is that Celek has to stay in and block more because they run the ball more and because the OLine is the worst it's been in years. For the time being, Celek is not an elite pass catching TE because he has to block. Same problem Witten is having in Dallas.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Crumpler was Vick's most reliable weapon, and the coaches worked to get him open in space. The problem for the Eagles right now is that Celek has to stay in and block more because they run the ball more and because the OLine is the worst it's been in years. For the time being, Celek is not an elite pass catching TE because he has to block. Same problem Witten is having in Dallas.
Vick is doing fine now

he only had Crumpler in Atlanta (Good hands) his other wrs were bad in the catching department

he is now passing to all his WRs & TE & RB in Philly
Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They finally built the offense that Mcnabb has always wanted...got rid of him, and now the Mike Vick experiment part 2 can really take flight.... I'm gonna be honest, I wanted Philly to tannk after getting rid of McNabb, but with Vick at the helm...Go Eagles!!!!
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

As much as I hate the long term implications of this move, I am really excited to watch this offense in action with Vick at the helm for the short term. With Vick the Eagles almost have Andy Reid's dream offense. Andy always liked an athlete at quarterback (McNabb and Kolb, Kolb is actually one of few players to run for 100 yards while passing for 400 in a college game, Kolb can move) and now he has the best athlete ever to play the QB spot. Andy Reid always liked a well rounded RB who can make plays in the running and passing game, now he has LeSean McCoy who is leading the NFL in yards after contact and he is a fantastic receiver. Andy Reid always valued speed at the receiver position (Greg Lewis, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Kevin Curtis) and now he has DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. Andy Reid has the offense of his dreams and I can't wait to see what he does with it because he has a ton of speed on the field.
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you seriously just call Kolb an athlete?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's Thumper, dude.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeahh...he is like Aaron Rodgers, but ya know just better.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Shhhh, that's just another Vickscuse. He had tons of talent around him in Atlanta.
You almost had me for a moment before I saw what you did there.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

Quote:
Why are you not calling Kolb an athlete? He is fairly mobile for an NFL QB, granted he pales in comparison to McNabb and Vick but just because he doesn't compare to two of the greatest athletes to ever play the position doesn't mean he isn't a decent athlete at the QB spot. Andy Reid likes a QB that can move and buy time, McNabb, Kolb and Vick all have that ability, although I think its clear that Vick is the best at that, McNabb is second best and Kolb is the worst of the three at moving around.

And please Sniper don't accuse me of being something I'm not because I said something that is true.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werowance View Post
And please Sniper don't accuse me of being something I'm not because I said something that is true.
Just like when you touted Kolb as a HOFer, right Thumper?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell is a guy who can't run, has a weak arm, and is made of fiber glass athletic?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
How the hell is a guy who can't run, has a weak arm, and is made of fiber glass athletic?
Because Thumper said so.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Because Thumper said so.
Who hates Kolb more, you or me?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Who hates Kolb more, you or me?
Probably me because I have more invested in Kolb's play. You're by far the top non-Eagle fan hater.

What do you hate more? Kevin Kolb or the Cover-2?
Old 09-25-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably me because I have more invested in Kolb's play. You're by far the top non-Eagle fan hater.

Are you trying to make his head explode?

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-25-2010 at 02:59 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Because he can run and thats the point I'm trying to make. He ran a 4.8, had good agility tests and he can buy time with his feet if he has to, thats what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying he has a strong arm, I'm saying he can move and that is something Andy Reid really values.

And fiber glass? The guy was never even on the injury report prior to being raped by Clay Matthews.

And now it looks like I'm defending Kolb but I'm just pointing out facts. Just because Kolb didn't look good so far this season doesn't mean he is awful at everything and you guys brought up two things I'm confident Kolb can do, move and not be injured. Now if you were asking me if he could make good decisions with the ball or take the top off the defense that would be another story.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
And fiber glass? The guy was never even on the injury report prior to being raped by Clay Matthews.
Rare are the times where backup QBs are on the injury report since they're rarely live in practice.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Rare are the times where backup QBs are on the injury report since they're rarely live in practice.
And what about college where he started every single game? What lame ass excuse are you going to use to discredit that too?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And what about college where he started every single game? What lame ass excuse are you going to use to discredit that too?
That Houston offense was a joke. He rarely got hit.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
That Houston offense was a joke. He rarely got hit.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

Cover 2. By far. I hate Cover 2. I loathe Cover 2. I wish it dies an awful death.

When other teams run cover 2 I laugh. When the Giants run the cover 2 system I cry.

It cost me many a sunday under Tim Lewis. It cost me last Sunday under Fewell.

I hate the Cover 2 defense. They should replace the playbook with a bunch of pages that just says "sucks" on it.