Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-28-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
-McCarthy should've let the Bears score. I know it goes against football...and sports in general..but, c'mon. play the numbers. dude isn't gonna miss an extra point.
This. Seriously. Their D did nothing against us all night, penalties just made our offense stall time and time again. We would have had time to tie it up.

Penalties, horrible STs, and dropped INTs lost this game. How many offsides did we have? Even 1 is inexcusable, let alone 5? 6? What was their average starting position? 45? And how many INTs were nullified by penalty? They didn't show a replay of where they got a holding call and there was a pick; did he just drop it? I thought he had caught it.

Horrible game. **** you Cutler for fist pumping when you threw a pick and got the defensive interference call even though the WR was equally responsible. ******.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The good:
-We played better than they did on offense and defense. Penalties and special teams screw ups can be corrected. We clearly showed that we can beat the Bears any time on any turf, it just didn't happen. The penalties might have been slightly more balanced on neutral turf as well. Yeah we deserved most of them but I saw a lot of no calls on the Bears
-We get significantly stronger in a few weeks. We had 3 rookies (2 UDFAs) starting on defense. In a few weeks it's Harris instead of Sam Shields, Atari Bigby gets a shot at shelving Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones is a world beater compared to Zombo, Mike Neal will help keep our DL fresh, maybe James Starks can give our running game a boost. Any one of those guys would have made a significant impact.
-Rodgers and co. showed they can move the ball up and down the field with no running game. We had the ball for over 35 minutes.

The bad:
-Tauscher and Clifton look spent. They couldn't run block at all and their pass blocking was pretty atrocious as well.
-Clay Matthews where were you? Early in the game he took some double teams and Raji/Jenkins won their battles. Later in the game he was just silent getting single teamed against a poor OL.
-Our rookies are playing horrible. Shields, Burnett, Zombo were major weak points on our defense.
-We are probably at least 3 starters away from a decent running game. 2 OL and a RB, minimum.
-Our depth isn't what we thought it was. Guys who are hurt, we missed badly. Guys who should have gotten pulled (Clifton/Tauscher, others) didn't.
-Special teams, penalties, timing.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was extremely hard to watch and extremely disappointing. I know you need to have balance but I wish they would throw almost every down. Everytime we run its usually for -3 yards. Everytime we hand the ball off im always asking myself why are we running!

That INT Rodgers got really bugs me as well.

Seriously for as bad as we played we were in perfect position to wiin. So **** you James Jones dude WTF! Of course he is an inch away from the boundary but the ball stays iin.

Who dropped that INT on like the last Bears drive? There was a flag called on the Bears and it looked like our guy easily had it and then somehow dropped it. They never showed the ****ing play again.

I never understood why we promoted a guy who learned under the worst special teams coach to take over. Makes no sense at all.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, did anybody have any doubt that Rodgers would have gotten them into FG range on that last drive to win it? They were marching down the field and I had full confidence. Freakin James Jones has now made 2 COSTLY fumbles vs the Bears over the years. WTF dude...hold onto the ball

Well, rarely does a team go the entire year without some garbage loss. This one takes the cake. Record amount of penalties, horrid ST play, and just lame crap that seems to always happen when they play @CHI. Bears always seem to block a Packers FG attempt every time they play there, and then that fumble somehow doesn't roll out of bounds
Old 09-28-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCarthy
On the Jones fumble challenge: "I was standing right there. I had a pretty good indication of what happened. I did see the defensive back's foot swing out of bounds. I was just hopeful that the officials, maybe, you know, saw that his foot may have hit. With 2:18 and two challenges left, you know, that's obviously a huge play in the game, maybe it could swing our way."
That kind of bothers me that he won't admit he was wrong or take accountability for the dumb challenge. The defender clearly never went out, and McCarthy has to have seen the replays 20 times by now.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This loss sucks ****! Sigh, but we have to remember we have 13 games left. We should feel pretty proud to get damn near 20 penalties and still have a good chance at winning. I will take a Bears loss if that means we beat the Vikings twice. Ive always had nothing but pure hate towards the Vikings. Those 2 games are the ones I want more then anything during the regular season. Ive always disliked the Bears alot but after that game and listening to ****ing Bear down I hate ****cago so much more.

Not to mention Crosby has started off great on field goals and now that blocked kick will probably somehow affect his confidence. Matshay kicked some good punts but then has to shank 1 like 10 yards at the worst time.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 09-28-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
That kind of bothers me that he won't admit he was wrong or take accountability for the dumb challenge. The defender clearly never went out, and McCarthy has to have seen the replays 20 times by now.
I seriously wonder who our replay guy or the guy who says to challenge is. Seems like there's always some review that we'd clearly lose yet gets challenged anways.

Inronically though I remember seeing that since replay came into the league that McCarthy has one of the highest percentages for winning a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Matshay kicked some good punts but then has to shank 1 like 10 yards at the worst time.
Or kick it right to Hester who was already standing on our side of the field...
Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy admitted that he didn't even ASK for advice upstairs or see ANY replay. He just flat out threw the flag since the play "happened in front of him"

that's terrible to hear. A coach should never let his emotions get the better of him where he does somethin like that. I mean, one quick look from upstairs would confirm that it was easily a fumble, and they could have relayed that message to McCarthy. Wouldn't have taken much time at all
Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't care about the challenge. I'm more concerned about the penalties and the starting tackles and the run game.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That INT Rodgers got really bugs me as well.

Who dropped that INT on like the last Bears drive? There was a flag called on the Bears and it looked like our guy easily had it and then somehow dropped it. They never showed the ****ing play again.
That Int bothered me too, as well as you 2 guys. And you could see it bothered Rodgers.
It cost me 2 points in fantasy football, and it's a killer for his passer rating. I don't understand the damn formula, but it seems to usually count for about -10 to 15 in the game passer rating.

And it was NICK COLLINS who dropped that Int, with Woodson right there too shocked that Nick let it, maybe, pop out. They crappy ESPN ignored it because of the holding penalty but I rewatched it over and over and the DVR and it was probably one of those Calvin Johnson catches where he had it but it popped out.
Collins dropped 2 Ints last night. The one he managed to catch, was the penalty on the rookie safety. MURPHYS LAW all over the place last night for us, but at least we didn't have any torn ACLs or Ankle ligaments.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Was that on the Bears final drive after the Jones fumble? I don't even remember partly because I just want to forget that game entirely. I really really wanted to see that dropped INT replayed but they never showed it. Pissed me off. I even heard Van Pelt on the radio today say it was practically an INT then a fumble.

Would Collins even have gotten that final INT if Burnett wasn't all over Bennett? It would have been close but he didn't even have a chance to come back to the ball.

Its always been... penalties and special teams, this team cant figure those 2 areas out ever since McCarthy has been here. I already mentioned before promoting the guy who learned under the worst special teams coach doesn't help. What do they think would change? He learned what he knows from a POS coach.

I haven't felt good about our run game in who knows how many years. Even with Grant It felt very very inconsistent. Probably because I havent felt great about this O-Line in a long long time either. Zone blocking scheme... do you feel it was the right move to go to it a few years back?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't felt good about our run game in who knows how many years. Even with Grant It felt very very inconsistent. Probably because I havent felt great about this O-Line in a long long time either. Zone blocking scheme... do you feel it was the right move to go to it a few years back?
It wasn't a big issue back then but even with Ryan Grants success the past 3 seasons I still feel we'd be better off with a power running scheme. The Giants power offensive line helped Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and the 5'9" 198 lbs Ahmad Bradshaw. Our line has made strides but losing grant just shows how much of the equasion he was in our run game IMO.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah well. another day. nobody thought we were going 16-0. we're gonna lose a game. we'll lose at least a couple more. it won't always be the games you expect and it won't always be pretty.

but, **** it. bring on the lions.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

The zone blocking scheme is obviously as good as any other. Lots of teams use it with success such as Houston and Atlanta. We just don't have very good players. When possible, we should be trying to replace everyone except Sitton who started the Bears game.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
The zone blocking scheme is obviously as good as any other. Lots of teams use it with success such as Houston and Atlanta. We just don't have very good players. When possible, we should be trying to replace everyone except Sitton who started the Bears game.
We still drafted a ton of zone blocking offensive lineman though with little to no success. Sitton and Bulaga are kind of a mix of a zone and power scheme and thats what I think we need more of. At some point you just need brute strength instead of diving at a guys legs.