Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_&_YELLOW View Post
Somebody's Butt-Hurt about that 38-13 massacre. You'll be alright man. (btw, Brooks WAS a true MLB)
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BrooDe00.htm

I think you'll see very clearly, that your 'TRUE' middle linebacker played all 13 of his NFL seasons at outside linebacker.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Somebody's Butt-Hurt about that 38-13 massacre. You'll be alright man. (btw, Brooks WAS a true MLB)
Know when to quit.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't even know what to say...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BLACK_&_YELLOW again.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Greg Lloyd (1)

Lloyd is considered by Steelers top brass and fans alike the team's best LB since the 1970s.

He forced 35 fumbles in 147 career games, was a beast against the run and had 11 career INTs.
Sorry, I just can't agree with this. Love me some Lloyd but Harrison is a better OLB than he is. Harrison has 21 FF in 50 starts. That is basically a FF every 9-10 quarters. Harrison is better at just about every aspect of the game. If Lloyd is getting a vote, then Harrison should but I don't think either of them should.

I will however be voting Greene at some point. He technicially should be ahead of DT. But that is neither here nor there.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Sorry, I just can't agree with this. Love me some Lloyd but Harrison is a better OLB than he is. Harrison has 21 FF in 50 starts. That is basically a FF every 9-10 quarters. Harrison is better at just about every aspect of the game. If Lloyd is getting a vote, then Harrison should but I don't think either of them should.

I will however be voting Greene at some point. He technicially should be ahead of DT. But that is neither here nor there.
I'll wait to evaluate Harrison after his career is over. That being said Lloyd had five or more FFs in five straight seasons. Harrison has done that in three so far. With two already this year he has a legit shot to reach that number again but it can't be assumed that he will reach Lloyd's streak.

Lloyd wasn't playing the classic Steeler OLB role during his time here. A lot of time he was dropping in to coverage, which his 11 career picks can attest to.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um pretty sure Brooks was MLB nice try though. (btw, sorry bout sunday)
THE prototypical (and maybe the best coverage) WLB in the 4-3 and you think he played MLB? Really? REALLY!?

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com if you want to hear some awesome NFL talk with a Pro Football HoF voter and one of the committee who votes on post-season awards. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BLACK_&_YELLOW
Rookie

BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW

c'mon guys um obviously pullin your legs, i live in Tampa for petes sake i think I WOULD KNOW.lol
BLACK_&_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why the **** do you guys rep him? i dont even.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only two more votes for Bell! Come on guys!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Bell (9?)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Bobby Bell (9?)
That's actually #10 for Bell.

1. Lawrence Taylor
2. Jack Ham
3. Derrick Thomas *sigh*
4. Ted Hendricks
5. Bobby Bell

Derrick Brooks - 6
Kevin Greene - 1
Greg Lloyd - 1
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we redo the #3 spot?? Brooks and Greene were both better than him. DT, I can see at #7. If not, oh well.

My vote goes to Brooks as the 5th best OLB ever. :D

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Derrick Brooks[8] as well.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Greg Lloyd (1)

Lloyd is considered by Steelers top brass and fans alike the team's best LB since the 1970s.

He forced 35 fumbles in 147 career games, was a beast against the run and had 11 career INTs.
The first video game I ever had was NFL Gameday 98 for the original playstation, and I played with the Steelers a lot because Bettis was unstoppable (and as a 9 year old I wanted to play with him since he was on the cover). Greg Lloyd was an absolute beast in that game; I still remember that the Steelers had Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Earl Holmes, Jason Gildon, and Mike Vrable in that game. That is the end of my rant, believe it or not I didn't get another console until my freshman year of college and that was the 360. Maybe that's why I remember it so well.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say Kevin Greene [2] here. He racked up 160 sacks, the record for a linebacker and is the only linebacker to lead the NFL in sacks twice.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down with Kevin Greene (3)
Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy ******* Gradishar (1)

Dude had it all (range, run stopping ability, coverage, pass rush), and was the glue to Denver's Orange Crush defense.

Then again, I guess he's technically an ILB. He only played OLB for a few years IIRC because Denver eventually went to a 3-4.

So nevermind. I have to go with Derrick Brooks (9). He was an absolutely dominant force in the Tampa Two and his DPOTY year (Superbowl season) was absolutely ridiculous.

He and Greene were pillars of consistency from year to year. They were both absolutely perfect for the schemes and roles they played. That one's a tough vote.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 09-29-2010 at 08:48 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tippett should make the list.

Candidates for the last 5 spots...

Kevin Greene
Derrick Brooks
Greg Lloyd
Junior Seau
Rickey Jackson
Andre Tippett
Harry Carson

Anyone else who needs to get mentioned?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to PFR, he spent his first three years inside and his next ten outside. I'd say that qualifies him.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
According to PFR, he spent his first three years inside and his next ten outside. I'd say that qualifies him.
The next 10 were actually inside in the 3-4 (RILB). Carl Banks was the other OLB with LT on their Super Bowl team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CarsHa00.htm

And Derrick Brooks (10)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Apparently, I can't read properly. Thanks for the correction.

edit - I know that I voted for Greene, but I am officially rescinding that vote to start the Ricky Jackson wagon. He needs to make this list.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rickey Jackson!

Btw, Rickey is a champion eater, he's always destroying this local hibachi restaraunt I frequent.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Greene 4

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote