Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 09-26-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The more I watch Barrett Ruud...

...the better I feel about our Front Office not giving him a contract extension. He gets blown out of the play and only makes tackles in the middle of the field. He can't shed off blockers. He is OVERRATED!
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
...the better I feel about our Front Office not giving him a contract extension. He gets blown out of the play and only makes tackles in the middle of the field. He can't shed off blockers. He is OVERRATED!
Agreed! He's too soft...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, we need a Patrick Willis type middle linebacker. Someone who can shed blocks, and make that TFL or sack. Not just a guy who can make a tackle 5 yards down the field. We need a playmaker, someone who forces turnovers, but i don't want just let Ruud go. Dominik should try to deal him, and see if we can get a mid-early 2nd rounder for him first.

/rant

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody is going to trade for him because he is in his last year.

With RB looking like less of a need (Blount/Huggins), does ILB become a 1st round need? Are there any ILBs worthy of a 10-20 pick?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Nobody is going to trade for him because he is in his last year.

With RB looking like less of a need (Blount/Huggins), does ILB become a 1st round need? Are there any ILBs worthy of a 10-20 pick?
Josh Bynes is a guy i like for our D, but Dont'a Hightower, Linebacker from Alabama is the clear cut #1 ILB in the draft. but He looks better suited as a 3-4 ILB at the next level. He's a more athletic version of Rolando McClain, If we do go ILB, a guy like Bynes can be had in the early second round, but i expect his stock to increase throughout the season.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kelvin Sheppard from LSU is another one MLB I like, along with Quan Sturdavant. Sheppard is a very athletic MLB that is great against the run and very good dropping in to zone coverage. He'd be a great fit for our defense.

Greg Jones is the best fit, but he is more likely to be a mid-late first round pick, and we need a DE in the worst way, and even a safety.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black might be a good Mike. Pick up a Sam later on or in FA.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might not be the best ILB floating around the NFL, but I reckon he is a lot better than some of the other scrubs we'd be using if we didn't have him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Dekoda Watson so far?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Thoughts on Dekoda Watson so far?
Haven't seen enough of him in our sytem to really form an opinion. I know he's by far our best pass rushing LB, he showed flashes in Miami game. I had a strange idea of putting Watson as the #2 MLB. I'm not a fan of Adam Hayward!

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hayward has a brother, Nigel, that owns/operates an auto repair shop out here in the same town I live. lol

I was wondering if putting our three fastest LBs on the field at the same time was a possibility.(Watson, Black and Hayes) who would play Mike out of the three in this scenario?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Could be a possibility moving Black to the MLB. However, it took him a couple years to adjust to Strong side Lb and just to crack the lineup and make his impact. I don't know if he is a MLB.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Ruud's time is over. Luckily it's looking like the best MLB class in a few years with Jones, Hightower, Sheppard, Bynes, and Sturdivant all really good prospects.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hightower is definitely the cream of the crop there. Jones and Sturdivant are both good but they're not 1st round caliber imo.

Nate Irving would be perfect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUk4VHIwGY explosive, hard-hitting sideline to sideline backer. He's much more aggressive and physical than Ruud but still agile enough to handle the T2 zone drops.

Also he survived this...

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...ate-irvings%2F

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I 100% agree that Ruud should not get a fat contract from us. Maybe once a year does he blow up a play in the backfield. Not saying he sucks cause he doesn't, still a top 10 MIB in the NFL and most likely the best coverage MIB in the NFL and if we played Tampa 2 80% of the time like we did 8 to 10 years ago he would be perfect, but we don't so he's not.

But just remember when we let Ruud walk or trade him we all are going to watch the next MIB get burned by some TE and RB on pass plays.

There's only one Willis or Lewis thats what makes them GREAT MIB... They can do it all.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

For a MLB instincts trumps athleticism. The NFL is littered players who were college stars but didn't seem to do enough at the Combine to warrant high picks - DeMeco Ryans, Lofa Tatupu, Curtis Lofton, Jon Beason (late 1st), Paul Posluszny, David Harris, D'Qwell Jackson, Karlos Dansby, and EJ Henderson, among others.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
For a MLB instincts trumps athleticism. The NFL is littered players who were college stars but didn't seem to do enough at the Combine to warrant high picks - DeMeco Ryans, Lofa Tatupu, Curtis Lofton, Jon Beason (late 1st), Paul Posluszny, David Harris, D'Qwell Jackson, Karlos Dansby, and EJ Henderson, among others.
But when you have great Instincts and Athleticism you get guys like Willis or Ray Ray... All I was trying to say that I like my MIB to blow up FB in the hole and make plays in the backfield. Ruud is better dropping back in coverage not moving down hill.

I want a guy like David Harris or Curtis Lofton as my MIB in Tampa.

Maybe we can trade Ruud for a Pass rusher... Osi comes to mind.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Kelvin Sheppard in the 2nd/3rd round.

I think this guy has playmaker written all over him.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
But when you have great Instincts and Athleticism you get guys like Willis or Ray Ray... All I was trying to say that I like my MIB to blow up FB in the hole and make plays in the backfield. Ruud is better dropping back in coverage not moving down hill.

I want a guy like David Harris or Curtis Lofton as my MIB in Tampa.

Maybe we can trade Ruud for a Pass rusher... Osi comes to mind.
I agree. I'm just saying there are a lot of prototypical in the box MLB's who don't seem like they should be able to play coverage but since they have the right instincts can still make plays in the passing game.

And don't forget Ray Lewis was considered undersized coming out of college. That's why he didn't get picked until #26. He wasn't the super prospect Willis was.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
Black might be a good Mike. Pick up a Sam later on or in FA.
This is what I've been saying all year. Black is the type of speedy kamikaze we need at Mike... if Dakota Watson is up-to-speed, then he should get first crack at Sam with Black moving to Mike.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
This is what I've been saying all year. Black is the type of speedy kamikaze we need at Mike... if Dakota Watson is up-to-speed, then he should get first crack at Sam with Black moving to Mike.
Co-sign, sir.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black at MLB is interesting but it would have to wait untill the offseason and then he would have to learn a new position after getting used to OLB the past 2 years. I think we'll just draft a new MLB.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black is really good. I don't know if he can play middle though. The staff would know, but they probably wanna keep him at the spot he learned and grew into.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Black is really good. I don't know if he can play middle though. The staff would know, but they probably wanna keep him at the spot he learned and grew into.
Actually, I was reading on Pewter report the other day in their draft section and they mentioned how they may not keep both Black and Ruud and will only keep 1. The article menitioned how Black during the early stages of his career was being groomed as the backup MLB behind Ruud, but then was moved outside because the team needed to find a way to get him on the field.

With that said, I think the move to MLB is possible and Black is fast and aggressive enough to shoot through the gaps. The Bucs like Watson , so I could see the move happening.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'd love for that to happen. I know Black has the skillset for MLB (or any LB position tbh) but I was wondering whether our staff thinks he can handle the switch. OLB and MLB are very different roles in our system and Black wasn't a fast learner to begin with.

If Black can handle the switch mentally than it would be an instant upgrade imo. I liked the Watson pick and he can't be any worse than Ryan Nece.

sig by BoneKrusher