Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally want to see this at least tried. Even if I have to wait till 2011 mini camps and OTAs. Nothing wrong with trying it out. Hell maybe even at the end of this year so we can see how long it might take for Black and Watson to adjust before the draft. Then again, I think we should be drafting a LB regardless, if it is believed that we will be losing one starting LB anyways.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy I wish Ruud played like is coming to town this week...James Laurinaitis. Dude is crazy good.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'd love for that to happen. I know Black has the skillset for MLB (or any LB position tbh) but I was wondering whether our staff thinks he can handle the switch. OLB and MLB are very different roles in our system and Black wasn't a fast learner to begin with.

If Black can handle the switch mentally than it would be an instant upgrade imo. I liked the Watson pick and he can't be any worse than Ryan Nece.
Actually, according to Monte Kiffin, if an LB can play the Sam in our system then he can play any of the other two spots. How would Quincy NOT be better than Ruud? Considering Quincy played the same Lobo position at New Mexico that Urlacher did and Urlacher has been a Mike for almost his entire (his first preseason he was a Sam) career, there is no reason whey he couldn't do it.

In the Bucs' system, the Sam normally takes on far more blocks than the other LBs and the the Mike and Will are usually playing in far more space, something I would think that a player with 4.42 speed, like Black, would do pretty well with.

Dakoda played almost the entire 2nd half vs the Falcons after Black went down with an ankle injury while rushing the passer. He played very well. We need to get them both in there... unfortunately it doesn't appear Raheem wants to bench the QB of his defense even if he stinks. Ruud could always get hurt, but stats have shown that players are less prone to injury when they are consistently not near the ball, fall on the ground instead of taking on blocks, and are generally lost on most plays.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol 10 char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote