Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how many guys were destined to be pro bowlers, but got ruined by bad coaching?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Browns gave him a lot of carries, blocked it up nicely, and let Hillis do the work. He went downhill and didn't do anything flashy. The gameplan was nice and executed very well. Hillis is no joke, but he is the kind of back who needs touches to get going and keep rolling.
What did he get about 6 ypc? It really tells me a lot about that offensive line as much as anything else. To me the Ravens are the toughest team out there to run on, numbers may prove otherewise.

Hillis is an interesting story, he never got the carries at Arkansas because of McFadden and Jones but he always seemed a good ballcarrier. A couple of seasons ago he seemed headed for a 1000 yards before an injury put him on the shelf. I'll let someone like njx9 tell me why he was given up on there in favor of drafting Moreno out of Georgia in the first round.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
So how many guys were destined to be pro bowlers, but got ruined by bad coaching?
Theoretically? Tons of them. It isn't just coaching, it's a combination of things, many of which I posted on the page before. I'm a firm believer that the situation that a prospect goes into has a huge effect on the player that they will become. What's the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith? Its a capable offensive line, dynamic receivers, and a consistency within a system. I do understand that Rodger's offensive line hasn't been stellar, but it's been better then what Smith suffered through after being thrown to the wolves as a rookie. Whats the difference between David Carr or Tim Couch and Carson Palmer? Its the same thing. Yes, there are undoubtedly players and people who are exceptions to these circumstances, but all in all it has a HUGE effect on the way these guys develop. Thinking otherwise is just ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Theoretically? Tons of them. It isn't just coaching, it's a combination of things, many of which I posted on the page before. I'm a firm believer that the situation that a prospect goes into has a huge effect on the player that they will become. What's the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith? Its a capable offensive line, dynamic receivers, and a consistency within a system. I do understand that Rodger's offensive line hasn't been stellar, but it's been better then what Smith suffered through after being thrown to the wolves as a rookie. Whats the difference between David Carr or Tim Couch and Carson Palmer? Its the same thing. Yes, there are undoubtedly players and people who are exceptions to these circumstances, but all in all it has a HUGE effect on the way these guys develop. Thinking otherwise is just ridiculous.

I know what you mean, sometimes injuries or whatever get in the way. Id be starting at Texas at WR if i hadnt blown out my knee playin wii tennis
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I know what you mean, sometimes injuries or whatever get in the way. Id be starting at Texas at WR if i hadnt blown out my knee playin wii tennis
So, you're on the team ......?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, if Alex Smith fell under the category of great talent hampered by bad coaching, he'd be better than he is. He'd show more flashes than he's shown, he'd take the team on his back and make plays regardless of what's around him. He may not have had the best situation, but coaches aren't the ones making poor reads, and being unable to deliver the ball the way it needs to be delivered. THAT is what separates Aaron Rodgers from Alex Smith. A-Rod can make every throw accurately, Alex can't. A-Rod regularly makes the right read based on the defense, Alex doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

exactly. Great QBs are great at some point.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This man has been playing like a young Ty Law.

It's ridiculous how underrated Brandon Flowers still is.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:02 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
I've got a lot of love for him and have done since he was a rookie it's a shame he's not more widely recognised but I dare say if the chiefs play continues it won't be long.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Chiefs are like my favorite defense in the league right now. I have and had since coming out, massive man crushes on Berry, DJ, Dorsey, Jackson, Flowers, and I like a few others too. Hawt.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I gotta say I really like what the Chiefs are doing.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

which genius is more genius, Pioli or Haley
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
oh yeah we gotta have one of the worst run D's in the NFL i think it just gets over shadowed because our pass d is so horrible
First-year 3-4's always have trouble stopping the run. It's just a fact of life.

And Flowers is the best CB in the NFL this year, right now. He does everything. I also like that Brandon Carr has played well, too. Well enough to force teams to try to throw at Flowers, anyway.

Last edited by nepg : 09-28-2010 at 08:37 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
which genius is more genius, Pioli or Haley
Romeo Crennel.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never liked Alex Smith.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
First-year 3-4's always have trouble stopping the run. It's just a fact of life.
Negative. 2009 the Packers first year in the 3-4 they were 1st in the league against the run at 83.3 yards/game avg.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I like their youngsters I think Matt Cassell will probably hold the chiefs from the playoffs. He still hasn't thrown over 60% this year (he only threw 55% last year) and his touchdowns were either from trick plays or amazing plays by the receivers this past week.

So far they've shown they have the explosive youngsters and a defense to keep them in games which should help as they don't have that hard a schedule.

If he still sucks halfway through I would run the wildcat with McCluster, Jones and Charles alllll day.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm far from sold on Cassel, I think they can get by with him but I don't trust him to win games for them.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Cassel. A lot. I'm not saying he's definitely the answer, but he improved from week two to three. That's all I can ask for right now.

And when you lead the league in rushing and play great D you need a game manager more than a world-beater at QB. If he can manage the game and not turn the ball over much the rest of the season, I like our chances.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Actor View Post
Have not seen the Packers to write them up.

The Buccaneers are still garbage. Josh Freeman is crap. The only good weapon on that offense is Mike Williams. The defense is crap also. Mccoy looks like a bust. I give them another 5 or 6 years before they are a .500 team. Raheem Morris will get fired for sure. There were no Bucs's fans at that game yesterday because their sucks, boring to watch, and everything other negative endeavor.
Where do you get this from? And while where on the subject, how many Tampa games have you seen beginning to end? Let's be honest about it too. Especially since you want to call a DT a bust before 4 games into his career.

Jesus. It's so hard to take alot of post around here seriously reading some of this stuff.

Initial write-up was good though.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
He's the exact opposite of that on these forums. Every day I hear a Chiefs fan talk about how underrated, and how good he is. I guess if you guys say it enough it'll get beat into peoples' heads.

I'm not trying to knock him, or say that he's not really good, because he is. I've seen him play, have always been a fan and he was very high up on my CB list if Jenkins and McKelvin were gone when we picked, but at the same time I don't believe he's playing at a completely different level then alot of the other corners in that same draft are playing at.

More primetime games will do the trick to get exposure, but I swear you can't go more then 2 days without reading a post and somebody says "omg Brandon Flowers is so underrated it's criminal".

Quote:
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Jenkins is a better corner then Brandon Flowers. Yeah, I said it Chiefs fans! And thats coming from someone who likes the Chiefs and hates the Cowboys. Jenkins is vicious in press coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking they got a winner with Freeman. He's been around 60% with only a couple of picks. Drawing any conclusion after playing a great Steelers defense to me doesnt make much sense.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I was thinking they got a winner with Freeman. He's been around 60% with only a couple of picks. Drawing any conclusion after playing a great Steelers defense to me doesnt make much sense.
And that would have to be ignoring how well he played the first two weeks, and while Mike Williams is good Freeman is making him look better. I could tell he hasn't watched a game of theirs anyway though.

Considering how people trashed him during the draft process and acted like there was no way he should be a starting QB in the NFL he's done very well thus far in his career and has been very impressive this season even including the Steeler game.

Quote: