Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WTF Buffalo?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...p-bills-kelsay

Quote:
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Eight-year veteran Chris Kelsay(notes) no longer has to worry about whether he’ll fit in the Buffalo Bills new defensive scheme after the converted linebacker signed a four-year contract extension worth about $24 million.

Kelsay revealed before practice Wednesday he had signed the extension a day earlier and is now locked up through the 2014 season.

“I’m thrilled. I wanted to end my career here and this gives me an opportunity to do that,” Kelsay said. “Obviously, it still comes down to production and putting it out on the field.”
Really? ******* Chris Kelsay?! $6M/year for Chris ******* Kelsay? You wonder why that team has turned into a goddamned joke of a franchise?

I'm a Patriots fan and should be loving how bad they suck and will continue to suck, but I can't even take this **** anymore. They hired Chan ******* Gailey as their HC, drafted a kick returner that might play RB when they already had 2 RBs and a solid return game with some great players on the board at key need positions, switched to a defensive scheme they had no personnel for, forced Schobel to retire, and now they re-sign this ******* bust of a defensive end? Are they just refusing to admit Kelsay isn't good? What is going on here?

Just...WTF?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Werowance
Rookie

Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.Werowance is a cocksman.

The Buffalo Bills are full of fail, I thought we knew this already...
Werowance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news is that they'll have a really high pick to address QB.

Bad news is they might screw it up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I know... I just can't take it anymore. I'm not even remotely close to being a member of their fanbase, and I can't take it anymore.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good news is that they'll have a really high pick to address QB.

Bad news is they might screw it up.
They tried to act all high and mighty after Donte Whitner worked out as a rookie... Since then he's sucked balls. They haven't made a good first round draft decision since Money Lynch...and even that was kind of sketchy because they got rid of McGahee then blew a first round pick to replace him.

Haloti Ngata was the obvious choice in 2006. Then they passed on huge upgrades along the OL in 2008, 2009, and could have had a premier WR, OL, or DE in 2010. Complete ****-ups.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They tried to act all high and mighty after Donte Whitner worked out as a rookie... Since then he's sucked balls. They haven't made a good first round draft decision since Money Lynch...and even that was kind of sketchy because they got rid of McGahee then blew a first round pick to replace him.

Haloti Ngata was the obvious choice in 2006. Then they passed on huge upgrades along the OL in 2008, 2009, and could have had a premier WR, OL, or DE in 2010. Complete ****-ups.
Yeah, I've never understood this philosophy either. Like when Minny tried to replace Randy Moss with Troy Williamson while Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman are staring at them in the face.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm never really concerned about what millionaires do with their money.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's not as much about the money as it is a symbol of why that team sucks and why things aren't getting better any time soon.

Believe me, I could care less how much my teams spend on players. It doesn't concern me. I don't like when my team keeps ****** players in lieu of getting better, though. And that's what the Bills keep doing.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Buffalo's choice was to re-sign Kelsay or have another hole to worry about filling later? Sometimes teams just need to re-sign a guy due to lack of better options and the need to address other areas.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 11th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills selected Aaron Maybin. Career sacks? 0.

Guys selected after him: Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, and Clay Matthews. A combined 3 pro bowls and a Defensive Rookie of the Year. They have more combined pro bowls (despite only playing one year each) than Maybin has SACKS.

The folks in Buffalo make some good calls I tell ya what.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
With the 11th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills selected Aaron Maybin. Career sacks? 0.

Guys selected after him: Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, and Clay Matthews. A combined 3 pro bowls and a Defensive Rookie of the Year. They have more combined pro bowls (despite only playing one year each) than Maybin has SACKS.

The folks in Buffalo make some good calls I tell ya what.
Or Josh Freeman and Michael Oher.....that pick was stupid when it happened and just keeps getting stupider.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Maybe Buffalo's choice was to re-sign Kelsay or have another hole to worry about filling later? Sometimes teams just need to re-sign a guy due to lack of better options and the need to address other areas.
Lack of better options? Lateral options include just about any vet minimum player off the street, dude.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things like this make me think that I could be a general manager in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its sad really, and I really feel sorry for fans of any team that constantly make bad decisions over the years like the Bills, Raiders, Lions(etc) one after another.

Then again, I am a Vikings fan.......
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Cant seem to find out just how much of his money is guaranteed, they could cut him after one year if they wanted to.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I thought Kelsay was closer to getting cut. I've heard he has been terrible this year, although I can't really comment - I wasn't too focused on him this week.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

He's terrible every year. Which is the ******* kicker.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume they are under the impression that his veteran presence is what makes him valuable, that and he is one of the few people that would be willing to spend an extended amount of time on that ****** ass team.

Can't blame Kelsay at all, he's probably just as surprised as we all are considering how poorly his play has been not just this season, but for the vast majority of his tenure in Buffalo.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I see the Bills this year, the more I think they'll go 0-16.

And this is not helping.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a passable year last year and has been, by far, our best OLB this year. But he sucks.

Having been a Bills fan for this long, I understand why they kept him. Not that it makes sense.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 09-29-2010 at 08:08 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Or Josh Freeman and Michael Oher.....that pick was stupid when it happened and just keeps getting stupider.
I was just listing other guys they could have taken at the same position. That year, I watched Penn State play most of their games (who in PA doesn't?) and I saw a lot of potential, but he was so damn raw. I never mocked him earlier than the 2nd round that year.

He had all of the athletic ability you could want...but he was super skinny and scrawny....I think he was playing at like 220 pounds. That's tiny for most teams at linebacker. And all he could do was rush the passer. Didn't play the run, never had to drop into coverage...he was just turned loose to go after the QB.

And when the Bills took him, I predicted him to bust. Hard. And he's not exactly proving me wrong....while he's at least been on the field to my knowledge (unlike Vernon Gholston who was a healthy scratch for several games) he has been wholly unimpressive.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are a joke, but it's getting to Lions Millen era sad.
The Maybin and Spiller picks were awful at the time and even more awful now. See-sawing between Fitzpatrick and Edwards....Dick Jauron followed by Chan Gailey... signing TO for no reason...switching defensive schemes with no personnel...and this...
I feel for Bills fans.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
The Maybin and Spiller picks were awful at the time and even more awful now. See-sawing between Fitzpatrick and Edwards....Dick Jauron followed by Chan Gailey... signing TO for no reason...switching defensive schemes with no personnel...and this...
I feel for Bills fans.
They've made some bad moves but the Spiller pick was good. Marshawn's too scatter-brained to be a long term answer at RB, Fast Freddie is a stud but he's also like 29, meaning that moving forward you can't expect him to carry the load.

I don't really agree with taking RBs top 10, but Spiller is a monster playmaker who'll be a top weapon for them for years. Plus they didn't have many good options, Tebow needs too much work and Clausen just wasn't good and mobile enough for them, so they couldn't have filled their QB need. As for an OT I'll agree that they could've taken Anthony Davis but you also have to consider that his maturity and focus issues would be a scary match with that town and outside of Davis there wasn't a top 10 worthy QB left for them this past year. So while I don't really believe in taking RBs top 10 it's also pretty clear that they didn't have many options that'd be more valuable to their team in the future than a stud playmaker.

This team desperately needs Jake Locker to put all of his **** together and end up a Bill. That would save the dumb HC hiring and leave them with LT as their last hu-*******-mongus offensive need.

As for their 3-4 shift I actually like it. Troup and Carrington were great pickups to restructuring that DL. They need pass rushers and someone to fill an ILB spot, but they needed pass rushers in either scheme and the 3-4 gave Aaron Maybin a better chance of actually tapping into his massive potential.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I feel for Bills fans.
I don't think there are many fans or people involved in the Bills organization that see the signing of TO as a bad thing. Or at least they shouldn't.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think the owner of the bills wants to tank the team and move them somewhere else. Any person with half a brain has to realize the moves the are making are all wrong.

Hey, got two good rbs...why not add a 3rd? Do they need a line to behind, Nope. Defense whats that now? 0-16 bound. Unless Fitz lifts this team on his shoulders and plays defense and somehow manages to win 1 or 2 games.