Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I honestly think the owner of the bills wants to tank the team and move them somewhere else. Any person with half a brain has to realize the moves the are making are all wrong.
I don't think it's the owner...Wilson is pushing the century mark and would love to see his team win it's first Superbowl.

I just think Buffalo is a hard place to win in. Not many great FA's can be attracted there...not many great coaches can be attracted there....it's not a great market with lots of exposure.

It may not play a huge part of it, but I think these reasons are why places like Buffalo, Detroit and Cleveland are always struggling. It's just tough to get the best people to come there.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah, I've never understood this philosophy either. Like when Minny tried to replace Randy Moss with Troy Williamson while Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman are staring at them in the face.
They had Kenechi Udeze!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
They had Kenechi Udeze!
And the Penn State QB assassin Erasamataz in the fold too. Dude took PSU down to it's 4th string QB in one game iirc.....

Total bust as a pro though.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both those guys busted really, really hard in the end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I don't think it's the owner...Wilson is pushing the century mark and would love to see his team win it's first Superbowl.

I just think Buffalo is a hard place to win in. Not many great FA's can be attracted there...not many great coaches can be attracted there....it's not a great market with lots of exposure.

It may not play a huge part of it, but I think these reasons are why places like Buffalo, Detroit and Cleveland are always struggling. It's just tough to get the best people to come there.
Are you talking coaching/front office or free agents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Are you talking coaching/front office or free agents?
Both can be a challenge. Buffalo went after Cowher pretty hard iirc, and I don't think they could have gotten him no matter how much money or power they offered. Yet I think he'll definitely be coaching Carolina or the NY Giants by next season.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly think the owner of the bills wants to tank the team and move them somewhere else.
Most ignorant thing I've ever heard someone say about the Bills.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, got two good rbs...why not add a 3rd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
They've made some bad moves but the Spiller pick was good. Marshawn's too scatter-brained to be a long term answer at RB, Fast Freddie is a stud but he's also like 29, meaning that moving forward you can't expect him to carry the load.

I don't really agree with taking RBs top 10, but Spiller is a monster playmaker who'll be a top weapon for them for years. Plus they didn't have many good options, Tebow needs too much work and Clausen just wasn't good and mobile enough for them, so they couldn't have filled their QB need.
Quote:
Do they need a line to behind, Nope.
Quote:
As for an OT I'll agree that they could've taken Anthony Davis but you also have to consider that his maturity and focus issues would be a scary match with that town and outside of Davis there wasn't a top 10 worthy QB or LT left for them this past year. So while I don't really believe in taking RBs top 10 it's also pretty clear that they didn't have many options that'd be more valuable to their team in the future than a stud playmaker.
Quote:
Defense whats that now? 0-16 bound.
Quote:
As for their 3-4 shift I actually like it. Troup and Carrington were great pickups to restructuring that DL. They need pass rushers and someone to fill an ILB spot, but they needed pass rushers in either scheme and the 3-4 gave Aaron Maybin a better chance of actually tapping into his massive potential.
Quote:
Unless Fitz lifts this team on his shoulders and plays defense and somehow manages to win 1 or 2 games.
Quote:
This team desperately needs Jake Locker to put all of his **** together and end up a Bill. That would save the dumb HC hiring and leave them with LT as their last hu-*******-mongus offensive need.
Quote:

That's a really good point that people often times don't want to recognize. I haven't spent extensive time in Detroit but I spent a summer volunteering at the Cleveland Clinic and 2 years in Buffalo at RPCI and UB. While Buffalo was clearly an infinitely more enjoyable town than Cleveland or Detroit, it still didn't hold the appeal of a real City.

There certainly are exceptions like Green Bay, Pittsburgh and for the last decade Indianapolis, but those cities' teams' have other factors that offset their lesser quality of life like some serious tradition of success or one of the greatest players in the game today.

Without a stud QB to give the team direction it's hard for the Bills to keep their best players in place, but without a good coach they can't develop a stud QB and without a good FO that can really sell his vision to a coach they can't recruit a good HC to find and develop a stud QB to give the team direction that convinces other players to look past the small size of the town of Buffalo and monetary concerns to build up a good deep team that will last.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Things like this make me think that I could be a general manager in the NFL.
Haha, me too.

Kelsay isn't bad, but really? That's just going to cruise the market through the damn roof.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I don't think there are many fans or people involved in the Bills organization that see the signing of TO as a bad thing. Or at least they shouldn't.
Not that it was a bad thing per se, but it just shows that the team has no direction IMO.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Not that it was a bad thing per se, but it just shows that the team has no direction IMO.
Meh, Jauron was a lame duck trying to save his job and the career of trent edwards so they took a minor risk. Since then the staff and management have changed completely and they're starting another rebuild.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody else have faith in Chan Gailey or is it just me?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's just you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, just you. This year is going into the crapper in a hurry, and if they do take a rookie QB next year, that one won't be any prettier...

Plus they could still use a lot of help on defense too. They have a lot of stop-gaps and bad fits filling out their 3-4...they could use a host of young guys to step up and a lot of talent there too.

The division is also painfully tough.

I give him 2.5 years.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's just you, although I've warmed up to him and wouldn't be shocked to see him actually do a solid job there, especially if they can get a LT like Gaithers through FA or trade before bringing in Jake Locker to run this spread as that kid would be perfect for this scheme if they're not going to sign Vick.

Quote:
Yeah, just you. This year is going into the crapper in a hurry, and if they do take a rookie QB next year, that one won't be any prettier...

Plus they could still use a lot of help on defense too. They have a lot of stop-gaps and bad fits filling out their 3-4...they could use a host of young guys to step up and a lot of talent there too.

The division is also painfully tough.

I give him 2.5 years.
Where are these holes on defense outside of LB? The DL will be strong once Troup becomes an experienced starter and Carrington gets settled in, throw in Kyle Williams and a mid to late rounder and that DL should be quite strong indeed. The Secondary's pretty talented with a sweet set of safeties with Byrd and Wilson and they have talent at CB, although I could use more from McKelvin. The desperately need to re-stock their rush backers and either replace Kawika or hope he's back 100% next year next to Poz, but outside of the LB corps I'm just not seeing all of these holes that you say they have on D.

Buffalo's really awkward, they've got a very talented secondary, 1 good ILB, young talent along the DL, a strong interior OL, a go to WR, a dependable #2, some decent TEs and a trio of good running backs but they're absolutely dreadful at the 3 most important parts of a team, QB, OT and DE/OLB. So theoretically this team could be picking #1 in the draft but then turn things around in a hurry.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they start doing some trick plays and shiit Gailey knows how to do, then I"ll warm up to him.

Like I want to see all 3 Rb on the field at once, doing some crazy stuff. But head coaches don't usually do that. They'll do it as offensive coordinators, but once they become head coaches you see less or none of it. Ken Wiz, used to do it plenty in Pitt, now in AZ you hardly see it. I remember just one where Kurt got it thrown back to him and he bombed it to Fitz.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's just you, although I've warmed up to him and wouldn't be shocked to see him actually do a solid job there, especially if they can get a LT like Gaithers through FA or trade before bringing in Jake Locker to run this spread as that kid would be perfect for this scheme if they're not going to sign Vick.

Where are these holes on defense outside of LB? The DL will be strong once Troup becomes an experienced starter and Carrington gets settled in, throw in Kyle Williams and a mid to late rounder and that DL should be quite strong indeed. The Secondary's pretty talented with a sweet set of safeties with Byrd and Wilson and they have talent at CB, although I could use more from McKelvin. The desperately need to re-stock their rush backers and either replace Kawika or hope he's back 100% next year next to Poz, but outside of the LB corps I'm just not seeing all of these holes that you say they have on D.

Buffalo's really awkward, they've got a very talented secondary, 1 good ILB, young talent along the DL, a strong interior OL, a go to WR, a dependable #2, some decent TEs and a trio of good running backs but they're absolutely dreadful at the 3 most important parts of a team, QB, OT and DE/OLB. So theoretically this team could be picking #1 in the draft but then turn things around in a hurry.
McKelvin has looked like our best CB this year, easily.

You sound much too comfortable with what we have on offense. There's very little there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when as Roscoe Parrish been a dependable number 2?

Who are their TEs again?

Other then their 2 guards, and 3 rbs, and Lee Evans. I don't see much there.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when as Roscoe Parrish been a dependable number 2?

Who are their TEs again?

Other then their 2 guards, and 3 rbs, and Lee Evans. I don't see much there.
Parrish isn't a #2 receiver, IMO. But he is a decent, to above-average slot guy. The past regime(s) never utilized his skillset. I think he's the Bills' leading receiver in receptions and yards right now. Stevie Johnson looks like he has potential to be an adequate #2 guy. Yes, he has had drops here and there, but he has made some nice catches over the past few seasons (preseason included).

TE Shawn Nelson was also another guy who showed at least some promise last season. He hasn't played at all this year due to his suspension, so we'll see what he's got starting against Jacksonville next week. He is a good receiving option, but his blocking abilities weren't great, which was his major knock coming out of college. We haven't been able to see if he's improved in that regard, so once again, we'll have to wait for week 5.

Levitre and Wood look to be promising guards, while they both have their fair share of mental lapses. Wood looked much better last season, but I wasn't expecting him to be in top playing shape after coming off of his broken leg. Hangartner is a servicable center - not great, but not terrible. Cornell Green is a turnstyle over at right tackle, and I have no idea why he hasn't been taken out of the starting lineup. Bell at LT has shown flashes, but other times he's just downright terrible, especially in run-blocking. I am more down on him than many other Bills fans so you may not want my opinion on him.

But regarding the Kelsay extension... ughh.
He is absolutely terrible in the 3-4. His athleticism is terrible, and he's not getting any younger. It's a joke watching him try to do man-to-man, and he takes ridiculously bad angles on running plays. I've seen him forget to seal off the cutback to the outside, as he moved inside between the NT and DE, allowing the RB (who I can't remember who) bounce right to the outside and get a nice chunk of yardage. I guess I can see the extension as a leadership thing and not wanting to create another hole when we have as many as we do, but at least make it a 2 year extension or something so we dont have to take on his contract for 4 years. Maybe fill one OLB position in this year's draft, then another next year. By the time the third year rolls around, Kelsay is gone and the two new OLBs are groomed and ready to go. But I guess having a 34 year old, former DE play OLB is a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 09-30-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo loves to draft running backs like Millen loves wide receivers. Before Mcgahee contract expired they draft Lynch, before his contract expires they draft Spiller.

Spiller might work out like Calvin Johnson did. It is just such a waste to use high draft picks on a single position every few years.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Each new regime drafted their own running back.

Tom Donahoe - Willis McGahee (Donahoe wasn't new, but you get my point)
Marv Levy/Jauron - Marshawn Lynch
Buddy Nix - CJ Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm putting my money on Buffalo signing Jared Gaither this offseason to play LT.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
McKelvin has looked like our best CB this year, easily.

You sound much too comfortable with what we have on offense. There's very little there.
Dude just needs to keep it up for a whole season which is going to be hard with that non-existent pass rush.

As for the offense I think Spiller's going to be a huge weapon, Fast Freddie is a great #2 option and Marshawn will either give them another mid round pick or will give them a bigger and tougher runner. Add to that that I loved both Woods and Levitre coming out and I think any rookie they bring in will benefit greatly from that running game already in place especially if the interior OL keeps improving.

As for the passing game there's massive gaps at LT and QB, otherwise I think it's solid. Evans has been suffering from a lack of a quality QB for a long time and IMO is comparable to younger Santana Moss, a guy who's still got the talent to be a go to receiver but has been playing with trash for a while now and hasn't been at his best in years. Roscoe Parrish is quick slot guy but Stevie Johnson is actually the guy who I think is going to become a starter as he reminds me a lot of a slightly better running Amani Toomer.

That's not a great set up, but if Locker is that franchise guy and they can get him for that scheme I think whose WRs will be more than sufficient, doesn't hurt that at TE Nelson still has boatloads of athletic ability. A formation that I think would let them do a lot of what they want to do, would have Nelson split out wide, Johnson across from him with Evans in the slot on Johnson's side and Spiller coming out of the backfield to the TE side. Sure they could also use one of the young stud WRs to learn from Evans while he's still got it and to step in once he's slowed down, but that's not a pressing need the way finding a franchise QB, LT and passrusher is. If they find that franchise guy and at least one tackle who can protect that offense could turning around quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Parrish isn't a #2 receiver, IMO. But he is a decent, to above-average slot guy. The past regime(s) never utilized his skillset. I think he's the Bills' leading receiver in receptions and yards right now. Stevie Johnson looks like he has potential to be an adequate #2 guy. Yes, he has had drops here and there, but he has made some nice catches over the past few seasons (preseason included).

TE Shawn Nelson was also another guy who showed at least some promise last season. He hasn't played at all this year due to his suspension, so we'll see what he's got starting against Jacksonville next week. He is a good receiving option, but his blocking abilities weren't great, which was his major knock coming out of college. We haven't been able to see if he's improved in that regard, so once again, we'll have to wait for week 5.

Levitre and Wood look to be promising guards, while they both have their fair share of mental lapses. Wood looked much better last season, but I wasn't expecting him to be in top playing shape after coming off of his broken leg. Hangartner is a servicable center - not great, but not terrible. Cornell Green is a turnstyle over at right tackle, and I have no idea why he hasn't been taken out of the starting lineup. Bell at LT has shown flashes, but other times he's just downright terrible, especially in run-blocking. I am more down on him than many other Bills fans so you may not want my opinion on him.

But regarding the Kelsay extension... ughh.
He is absolutely terrible in the 3-4. His athleticism is terrible, and he's not getting any younger. It's a joke watching him try to do man-to-man, and he takes ridiculously bad angles on running plays. I've seen him forget to seal off the cutback to the outside, as he moved inside between the NT and DE, allowing the RB (who I can't remember who) bounce right to the outside and get a nice chunk of yardage. I guess I can see the extension as a leadership thing and not wanting to create another hole when we have as many as we do, but at least make it a 2 year extension or something so we dont have to take on his contract for 4 years. Maybe fill one OLB position in this year's draft, then another next year. By the time the third year rolls around, Kelsay is gone and the two new OLBs are groomed and ready to go. But I guess having a 34 year old, former DE play OLB is a better option.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
I'm putting my money on Buffalo signing Jared Gaither this offseason to play LT.
I would love it if he came in and played, my worry is that he would come in take the money and turn into derrick dockery... Injuries with him would be a concern too, but he would be a great option if he stayed healthy and played to his potential.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't stand Aaron Maybin coming out. Especially after the combine. It's still early, but it's not looking good right now.

To be fair, I generally dislike Penn State players. Especially their LBs.