Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Fat_Actor
Rookie

Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.Fat_Actor could make a wolverine purr.

For the Bucs Id like to see them get one of the following at the end of this year.
Some are a long shot, but hey...

Jon Fox
Russ Grimm
Rob Ryan
Jim Harbaugh
Kyle Shanahan.
Fat_Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pass.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Frazier.

Last edited by singe_101 : 10-03-2010 at 06:18 PM.
singe_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers

Bill Cowher, Promote Ron Rivera (DC), Gary Kubiak, and maybe Sean Payton.

I am not a Norv fan, the guy is great at X's and O's, but would / has been an amazing OC, but I just don't like our chances when the going gets tough (aka playoffs). I was all about Shottenheimer even though he was known to build a franchise but couldn't get over the hump. Shottenheimer was a great motivator, and played smash mouth football.

Anyways, I always respected Bill Cowher, Ron Rivera is a solid DC and figure, Kubiak is a great offensive mind and has turned around the Texans and will keep improving, and lastly Payton gets it done period.

I just think Norv is too Finesse and I want some toughness back on the Offensive Side of the ball for the bolts (albeit he has really progressed Rivers during his tenure).
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Dungy

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Jeff Fisher, next HC of the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones willed it, said "Make it so," & it was good
Take him, and take his "playing not to lose" and "we have the lead? better stop what's working on offense and go into Shell mode" attitudes with him.

The game passed Fisher years ago.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If BB was retiring tomorrow, Fisher would be my first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Shanahan is a really nice call...I'm a fan. He, Schottenheimer, and McDaniels are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to under-40 offensive coaches.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Jeff Fisher, next HC of the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones willed it, said "Make it so," & it was good
You can gladly have him for some draft picks. You could probably get him for free right now TBH.
Anyways, I find it funny the OP said for everyone to try and keep their coaches under 50 and then lists Saban and Ferentz.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Bill Cowher and it's not close.

I love Mike Tomlin but given the teams history, he'll be there for the next 30 years.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
You can gladly have him for some draft picks. You could probably get him for free right now TBH.
Anyways, I find it funny the OP said for everyone to try and keep their coaches under 50 and then lists Saban and Ferentz.
The key word being "try."

Saban and Ferentz are too awesome for me to not list. I'm a big fan of both. Hell, Josh McDaniels is the only guy who might beat them out, and that's only because I prefer an offensive head coach right now.

Last edited by SenorGato : 10-06-2010 at 01:19 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

Rams need jon gruden now!
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bill cowher easily.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Sean Payton was not coaching the Saints I'd want Jon Gruden to take the reigns, if not him than Brian Billick.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BLACK_&_YELLOW
Rookie

BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW BLACK_&_YELLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
bill cowher easily.
How are you Browns fan trying to get are old coach?..smh
BLACK_&_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Harbaugh. This is the man that made me love football as a kid in 1995.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Pats I would say

Josh McDaniels
Nick Saban
Bill Cowher
Jim Harbaugh
Kyle Shanahan

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see.

Believe it or not, my favorite NFL player of all time isn't Peyton Manning, it's "Captain Comeback" Jim Harbaugh:

That '95 season was the reason that he earned that nickname and the reason I became a Colts' fan.

It would just be PERFECT if he would become Colts' Head Coach. PERFECT! Jim Harbaugh BELONGS with the Colts. As far as I'm concerned he'll be a Colt forever.

Of course that won't happen. We'll have to deal with Caldwell and his bright ideas, of calling timeouts, to give the opponents more time to march down the field for a winning field goal.

Last edited by MaxV : 10-06-2010 at 10:27 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Jim Harbaugh. This is the man that made me love football as a kid in 1995.
You just beat me to it.

Great minds think alike. :)
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Let's see.

Believe it or not, my favorite NFL player of all time isn't Peyton Manning, it's "Captain Comeback" Jim Harbaugh:

That '95 season was the reason that he earned that nickname and the reason I became a Colts' fan.

It would just be PERFECT if he would become Colts' Head Coach. PERFECT! Jim Harbaugh BELONGS with the Colts. As far as I'm concerned he'll be a Colt forever.

Of course that won't happen. We'll have to deal with Caldwell and his bright ideas, of calling timeouts, to give the opponents more time to march down the field for a winning field goal.
"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Harbaugh to the Colts would be epic. But I don't think he would put up with Polian's BS.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Firstly, anyone who picked Nick Saban would only be setting themselves up for failure. Secondly, if we're going under 50 he certainly doesn't fit as he's 58...

1. Brian Schottenheimer
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jeremy Bates
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Marty Mornhinweg

If we include over 50 candidates, Bill Cowher, Russ Grimm, and Leslie Frazier would probably be on my list as well (excluding all current NFL head coaches of course)

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I agree with that Griz, I don't know why Leslie Frazier hasn't gotten a HC job yet. If Chan Gailey can get a HC job then Frazier should be able to.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for KC:

Tomlin
Frazier
Cowher
Gruden
Rex Ryan
Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Harbaugh
Hue Jackson
Steve Sarkisian
Jon Gruden
Brian Schottenheimer/Kyle Shanahan (not gonna happen...)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Harbaugh to the Niners he can bring Andrew Luck with him if he wants.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote