Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who should Be Number 2?
Oregon Ducks 30 52.63%
Ohio State Buckeyes 27 47.37%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but they actually got to play again this year. OSU/OU won't. The only thing we have to compare them with is that Rose Bowl. If two teams finish the year even you give the team that beat the other in a bowl game the year before the benefit of the doubt in the rankings. We won the right to have a better spot in the preseason polls in that game, and if we go unbeaten we should get in before Oregon since our schedule isn't crappy compared to theirs or anything. This won't matter that much anyways since OSU plays more ranked teams than Oregon this year.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing in Oregon makes a huge difference.

Homefield is such a huge advantage in PAC-10 Conference play.

Whether or not it shouldn't, the Rose Bowl does and would factor in if it was a decision between Oregon and Ohio State. That's just how it goes.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it might not be fair but there is a lot of unfairness in college football these days isn't there? there is no playoff system so this is how it goes.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This thread is stupid.

Time and time again in college football, we've seen that 1 game doesn't make a season. This goes for both Oregon's close game with ASU, and Ohio State's close game with Illinois.

Pryor got injured & tressel decided to run the ball up the middle with Saine 90% of the game. The game isn't going to be high-scoring by default. Every team will have some "closer" games within conference play, it's just how college football works. Until they lose however, it's not really a good reason to proclaim one team as being bad, and the other team as being a crap team.

I didn't watch ASU vs Oregon either, so I can't make any comments, however, they do look incredibly explosive. I was definitely impressed by their offense, but the best teams in the country have to be well rounded and well balanced. I can't remember the last time a team won a championship with ONLY offense.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, Oregon beat someone with a pulse. Boise hasn't.
They beat ******* New Mexico and Portland ******* state.....are you kidding me. BSU beat 2 teams that at the time were actually ranked. Cmon man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but Stanford > Va Tech and Oregon State
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They beat ******* New Mexico and Portland ******* state.....are you kidding me. BSU beat 2 teams that at the time were actually ranked. Cmon man.
Is it just me, or did Oregon just mop the floor with Stanford?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You killed Boise State going into the season because they were gonna play Virginia Tech and Oregon State and according to you, no one else, but Oregon is awesome when they've played one meaningful game and it was a home game?

You're better than that.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
You killed Boise State going into the season because they were gonna play Virginia Tech and Oregon State and according to you, no one else, but Oregon is awesome when they've played one meaningful game and it was a home game?

You're better than that.
I didn't say Oregon was awesome. I just said they mopped the floor with a good team. I don't really give a **** who's number two right now. It's not important. Virginia Tech proved that they're a phony. Stanford looks pretty solid right now. I don't think anyone can deny that Stanford is a better team than VT right now.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he's bringing up Boise, then I am going to mention TCU.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the thread creator racist when it comes to blue-colored fields and jerseys?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

You're better than that.
scoring 48 in Neyland Stadium is not exactly an easy feat regardless of how bad the Vols are.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote - Oregon

They look unstoppable on offense so far. No teams been able to stop them for 60 minutes so far.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, they did but the fact is that Boise State has beat 2 teams that were in the top 25 when they played them.

Oregon has played New Mexico-School of the Blind, Portland State School of Hacks, Tennessee and Stanford....i mean come on.

And I know that the last 2 years BSU mopping Oregon doesnt mean anything, but their strength of schedule of 32 compared to Oregon's 81.....should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) OSU should be #2. They actually play defense. Defense is required to win championships. Offenses can, and will be stifled occasionally, no matter how awesome.
2) Oregon has a great offense. Fun to watch.
3) Anyone regurgitating ESPN hyperbole needs to step in front of a moving train.
4) Last season OSU's D quieted a prolific Oregon O. This is relevant this season. A good, disciplined D can stop that offense. The biggest reason is the Oregon O-Line is not able to do their thing against a good front 7. Many of the offensive players are the same, and the coaching is the same. It's not identical, but it's similar, and similar skillsets would stop it.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still go Ohio State, but its a close call. Both teams have 1 nice win over a top 25 program. At this point, I just think OSU would beat Oregon.

Definitely love seeing Oregon hop Boise. Oklahoma should by the end of the year as well. Shame they wont play Nebraska until a possible matchup in a Big 12 title game.

I'd love to see this season finish with 5-6 undefeated teams. If that wouldn't show the need for a playoff I don't know what would.

I can easily see Bama, OSU, Boise, Oklahoma/Nebraska, TCU/Utah, all going undefeated. Nebraska wont even see a ranked team unless the make it to the Big 12 title game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-04-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted Oregon, they can actually play defense better than Stanford when they have to.

Told ya Bama will play an opponent for the NC from a state beginning with the letter O.

Don't forget that Oklahoma begins with that letter too.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama will lose to South Carolina, Ohio State will lose to Michigan, Oregon will lose to USC.

The NC will be Boise vs. TCU. It's happening, dudes.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Ohio State will lose to Michigan
<333333333
Old 10-04-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Alabama will lose to South Carolina, Ohio State will lose to Michigan, Oregon will lose to USC.

The NC will be Boise vs. TCU. It's happening, dudes.
A one loss Alabama would still make the NC game over Boise State or TCU. Believe that, brother!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon has serious issues on defense. ASU and Stanford both dropped 31 points against the Ducks. They could easily lose two games this year. And they didn't look good against Tennessee. They were tied at halftime. It was not until UT got tired due to lack of depth that Oregon could do anything.

Ohio State will not lose to Michigan this year. That is just crazy. If Robinson continues to carry the ball 20 times a game, he will get hurt. Plus, the game is in Columbus and Ohio State does not lose in the Shoe.

Last edited by jrdrylie : 10-04-2010 at 02:39 PM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
A one loss Alabama would still make the NC game over Boise State or TCU. Believe that, brother!

That's why I hate the BCS.

Oh hey Hulk.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just based on what theyve done this year (which is all it should be) I'll go with Oregon. I think theyll end up losing and OSU will probably be there in the end, but right now Oregon has been very good. I though Stanford was the most impressive team outside of Bama before this past weekend.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it matter? It doesn't. If both go undefeated, Ohio State is going to the National Title based on name alone.

And anyone who said the Pac-10 isn't better than the Big Ten is crazy...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

597 yards given up by Oregon in one game.

That is why they have no business sniffing #2.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote