Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-03-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Fire Our Coaching Staff Thread

I think it is official to say, Marvin has worn out his welcome.
He has to me at least.
Same ****, different year.
Penalties kill us.
Lack of discipline.
Personal attitudes over the team.
Same stuff all these years and it has never changed.

He can take Bob B. with him.
How many years of run, run, pass in the red zone must we endure before we realize it doesn't work?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Personally just get rid of Bob Bratkowski for me then everything is good.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I think it is official to say, Marvin has worn out his welcome.
He has to me at least.
Same ****, different year.
Penalties kill us.
Lack of discipline.
Personal attitudes over the team.
Same stuff all these years and it has never changed.

He can take Bob B. with him.
How many years of run, run, pass in the red zone must we endure before we realize it doesn't work?
I have been with u i thought Marvin should have gone awhile back. Wishing we would make a run at Gruden or some high profile coach, but more then likely it will be a promotion from within.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really blame Marvin for anything that happened today. I realize everyone likes to blame the head coach for penalties (he's suppose to run a disciplined squad, I get that) but there is only so much a coach can do before it falls into the player's hands. Guys like Whitworth have had penalties all their career and I have to assume Marvin has at least tried to work with him on it.

Also, run > run > pass does work in the red zone. But only if you're going to control the clock and play good defense. I'll take field goals in the end zone all day when our defense is fresh and can stop the other team. But if we're going to go three and out every drive and have a worn out defense by the 3rd quarter then you're right; run > run > pass doesn't work. Bratkowski is an idiot and has always been unable to adapt to the game at hand.

If we do get a new coach, I either want Zimmer promoted or I want an offensive minded coach that will keep Zimmer around. Our defense is still quite strong and I don't want to disrupt that by bringing in a new regime.

Lastly, 2-2 isn't the end of the world. I'm not in panic mode yet. I realize we have a tough schedule and the Browns should have been an easy opponent for us, but divisional games are always tough no matter how good or bad the two teams are.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not in panic mode but I see another .500 year approaching. It is becoming evident that Marvin isn't that guy. It has been far too long.
We need to move on. You can say what you want about it being the players, but the penalties in question are 100% discipline issues. False starts, delays.

Then there is time management. Marvin is HORRIBLE at using time outs right. Which translates back to discipline of players getting the play off in time.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys should just write a letter to my workplace stating that I need to watch all games so the Bengals can win...I have watched both the Ravens and Panthers games...we won...I have not watched new england or Cleveland...

If only I can watch every game.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I think you guys should just write a letter to my workplace stating that I need to watch all games so the Bengals can win...I have watched both the Ravens and Panthers games...we won...I have not watched new england or Cleveland...

If only I can watch every game.
haha I also got to stop betting on them... cardinal sin of gambling... never bet on your team
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not in panic mode yet either but I do think Marvin is done here unless they make a deep push into the playoffs. We haven't been real good in all three phases together in one game yet thus far this season. Bratkowski is just horrendous and needs to go like yesterday. This team has too much talent to continue struggling like this.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we add all the coachs to the Firing List Yet?

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Can we add all the coachs to the Firing List Yet?
I give Zimmer more time.
He earned it.
Today was an abomination without Joseph.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-24-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The penalties are absolutely ridiculous at this point. 12 men in the huddle after a timeout? Really?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

If Josh McDaniels gets fired from Denver this offseason we better pursue him to be our offensive coordinator... just saying

I'm fine with the whole coaching staff but Bratkowski, Palmer didn't play bad although he is FAR from the qb he was, but in McDaniels system you don't need a top 5 QB to do well.

Last edited by crites09 : 10-24-2010 at 11:01 PM.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Youre OK with a ton of penalties and poor discipline?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-24-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Youre OK with a ton of penalties and poor discipline?
No that is an area of improvement, but the fact that they came out in the 2nd half firing was good to see and they were executing on both sides of the ball. There was a lot of positives but a lot of negatives as well.

I think the reason there is so many penalties is because they are trying to do to much. Our Oline is outmatched and needs major improvement, Whitworth needs to go back to LG and we need to draft a true LT and get confidence in our oline then if they can get in a groove the penalties will be cut down. All these penalties is simply the individual trying to get the better of the guy across from him.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

When you are done living in 2006 waiting on those improvements under Marvin, let me know.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you are done living in 2006 waiting on those improvements under Marvin, let me know.
I couldn't agree more. Marvin has to go. Brat is the worst.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

The staff has done a very good job of bringing in talent through the draft and some key free agents but what they have failed to do is get them to all work as a good TEAM. When you look at this team talent wise they stack up well with most of the teams in the NFL. There just hasn't been that little something that brings it all together.

There are some spots that really need upgrades and Safety is the biggest. The Bengals have some really good "in the box" safeties. They don't have any that can cover. When you combine that with the lack of pass rush you get into the situation like you had yesterday with lots of passing yards.

And as far as the offense goes well people will again look at Palmers numbers and say "see there's nothing wrong with Carson". Well if you look a huge chunk of those yards came after the catch. With the lack of a great offensive line you have to rely on short quick passes and an ability to run the ball so you can set up play action. Carson also has been very bad on his deep throws.

As usual early in the game the coaching staff tries to dial up deep passes and deeper routes. And like usual Cinci found itself in a deep hole they had to crawl out of. I will admit the Coaches have done a decent job of halftime adjustments this season. The problem is The game plan coming into the game. You cant dig 21 or more point holes and expect to be able to comeback and win. Yesterday they worked so hard to get back in the game they had nothing left for the end of it and couldn't hang on.

Enough on the offense now on to the defense. The lack of having a coverage safety raised its ugly head yesterday in a huge way. This and a lack of reliable depth in the secondary. Even the best corners in the league rely on safeties to help them lock down a good receiver. Cinci worried so much about Gonzales over the middle it really opened up the outside of the field. They were using both safeties to cover the middle and that forced the corners to have to cheat the middle of the field allowing the receivers free range of the outside. One good cover safety changes the entire outlook on yesterdays game. The staff has ignored this need and its showing up with teams now taking this into their plans and exploiting it.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
The staff has done a very good job of bringing in talent through the draft and some key free agents but what they have failed to do is get them to all work as a good TEAM. When you look at this team talent wise they stack up well with most of the teams in the NFL. There just hasn't been that little something that brings it all together.

A lot of that talent is being misused and poorly progressed. Hell, most aren't even in the league anymore. Until Marvin let's go of his "project" ideas and just draft the better players, we will never see our great drafts pan out.

There are some spots that really need upgrades and Safety is the biggest. The Bengals have some really good "in the box" safeties. They don't have any that can cover. When you combine that with the lack of pass rush you get into the situation like you had yesterday with lots of passing yards.

And as far as the offense goes well people will again look at Palmers numbers and say "see there's nothing wrong with Carson". Well if you look a huge chunk of those yards came after the catch. With the lack of a great offensive line you have to rely on short quick passes and an ability to run the ball so you can set up play action. Carson also has been very bad on his deep throws.

Most of the time when you see a "great QB" throw for a lot of yards, they tend to be with a ton of YAC. Or else you just get a college spread QB. Who just chucks the ball up 100 times and lives off of 10 yard completions at best. We use a good mix of deep, short and medium passes.

As usual early in the game the coaching staff tries to dial up deep passes and deeper routes. And like usual Cinci found itself in a deep hole they had to crawl out of. I will admit the Coaches have done a decent job of halftime adjustments this season. The problem is The game plan coming into the game. You cant dig 21 or more point holes and expect to be able to comeback and win. Yesterday they worked so hard to get back in the game they had nothing left for the end of it and couldn't hang on.

What you are really missing here is that this is a theme EVERY GAME! We go in with no game plan and have to play oh **** catch up in the 2nd half.

Enough on the offense now on to the defense. The lack of having a coverage safety raised its ugly head yesterday in a huge way. This and a lack of reliable depth in the secondary. Even the best corners in the league rely on safeties to help them lock down a good receiver. Cinci worried so much about Gonzales over the middle it really opened up the outside of the field. They were using both safeties to cover the middle and that forced the corners to have to cheat the middle of the field allowing the receivers free range of the outside. One good cover safety changes the entire outlook on yesterdays game. The staff has ignored this need and its showing up with teams now taking this into their plans and exploiting it.

Lack of a safety? No. More like lack of a top coverage CB in JJ. We were not worried about Gonzo we were worried about Roddy. He abused both CB's plain and simple. Nothing to do with the safeties who actually played well covering the middle as all the big plays were the fault of the CBs.
This game boils down to a few things:
1. Marvin still misuses players like he always had.
2. The coaching staff as a whole cannot game plan.
3. We have no pass rush.
4. We can't block.
5. Chad needs to get his head out of his ass.
6. Marvin can't manage a game to save his life.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-31-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Another poorly coached game for the Bengals. Palmer again shows y we need a new QB. I can atleast give it to Zimmer from keeps us getting blown out with majority of the secondary out of the game.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-31-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

What can Carson do at this point when we have the same offense every quarter of every game? It is too damn predictable. We made no-counter adjustments and never changed in the 4th or 3rd. Miami adjusted. We didnt.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see no benefit to retaining Bratkowski.... None....

Well, on the plus side things have officially hit 'i just hope it's a close game level'... Bleh. I wasn't certain they'd make the playoffs by any means but I thought 9-7 was fairly probable. Sure Joseph/Pacman are hurt but that's the only significant injury.

Pass rush is just awful right now.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, one official QB hit all game. Pass rush sucked, coverage sucked (due to injuries).

While safety is a roster concern, a top flight DE and a new QB are bigger priorities heading into the off season. But the most pressing need is a new coaching staff. Maybe this time whoever we hire will be able to choose their coordinators instead of this inheriting Bratkowski crap that Marvin had to go through.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

We're a mess right now. Coming into the season, I thought we were pretty well set at most positions long term.

Now, I see so many holes. On offense, Cedric is a FA and is our only viable starting option. Shipley's good in the slot, but he's the only under 30 WR who looks to have starting potential. The interior of our OL is thoroughly mediocre. We need to draft a FB. And Carson....

On D, we could really use an impact pass rusher at DE. We need to find a replacement for Dhani at MLB (or SLB if we just move Rey inside). And we need at least one, maybe 2 young safeties.

It's just a mess and I don't see it being fixed in one draft or one offseason.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
We're a mess right now. Coming into the season, I thought we were pretty well set at most positions long term.

Now, I see so many holes. On offense, Cedric is a FA and is our only viable starting option. Shipley's good in the slot, but he's the only under 30 WR who looks to have starting potential. The interior of our OL is thoroughly mediocre. We need to draft a FB. And Carson....

On D, we could really use an impact pass rusher at DE. We need to find a replacement for Dhani at MLB (or SLB if we just move Rey inside). And we need at least one, maybe 2 young safeties.

It's just a mess and I don't see it being fixed in one draft or one offseason.
That is what i was thinking. I think we are going to need to go into rebuilding mode with a new coaching staff.

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Its offical now Fire Everyone one on the Coaching Staff.

RIP themaninblack