Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
Every offense under martz has given up a ton of sacks and gotten the qb killed. i said it before this year, cutlers numbers will go up but martz could ruin his career as he already had a propensity for holding onto the ball and playing risky/aggressive as it was.

The bears have a bad o line, definitely one of the worst. But their coaching isnt doing anything to mask those problems either. In the end, i think it costs them all their jobs.
Actually, through the first 3 weeks, I was really impressed at how Martz and Cutler adjusted to the pass rush. In each game, the other teams got after Cutler early and picked up some sacks.

But Martz adjusted to shorter drops and Cutler began getting rid of the football much quicker or rolling out to escape pressure. That didn't happen this week, and I believe the stories about him suffering a concussion early in that game leading to his sluggishness the rest of it to be true.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit:broken post

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every offense under martz has given up a ton of sacks and gotten the qb killed. i said it before this year, cutlers numbers will go up but martz could ruin his career as he already had a propensity for holding onto the ball and playing risky/aggressive as it was.

The bears have a bad o line, definitely one of the worst. But their coaching isnt doing anything to mask those problems either. In the end, i think it costs them all their jobs.
Except the first 3 games of the year the Bears were running a lot more short drops than they did last year under Ron Turner...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Actually, through the first 3 weeks, I was really impressed at how Martz and Cutler adjusted to the pass rush. In each game, the other teams got after Cutler early and picked up some sacks.

But Martz adjusted to shorter drops and Cutler began getting rid of the football much quicker or rolling out to escape pressure. That didn't happen this week, and I believe the stories about him suffering a concussion early in that game leading to his sluggishness the rest of it to be true.
Last night was my first taste of the Bears this year, didnt see any games before then.

So you think Cutler suffered his concussion before the Aaron Ross sack on the second to last play of the half (or that he suffered two, one early and then that one)? Idk ESPN has been saying it happened during the Ross sack but I could see it being earlier than that who knows really, just wondering why you think that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Except the first 3 games of the year the Bears were running a lot more short drops than they did last year under Ron Turner...

Was Martz the one concussed last night then?

Because thats the only Bears game Ive seen and the complete *** whooping he let Cutler take is the only time Ive seen them play. If he could make the playcalling adjustments before, why couldnt he last night? His system is aggressive with a lot of deep drops so unless that changed early this year than that is incorrect because he has a history of getting guys killed (Trent Green, Warner, Bulger, Smith last year, Cutler last game). This is a pretty clear pattern that the O-coordinator has some kinks to work out.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the main offensive line stats, sorted by sacks and another sorted by average

Code:
 Rank        Team        Sacks  QB Hits   |   Rank        Team         Att    Yds     Avg    TDs  
  1   Dallas Cowboys       1       14     |     1  Houston Texans      124    688     5.5     5   
  2   Kansas City Chiefs   2       11     |     2  Philadelphia Eagle  95     527     5.5     5   
  3   New England Patrio   2       6      |     3  Arizona Cardinals   74     396     5.4     2   
  4   Baltimore Ravens     4       17     |     4  New York Jets       131    671     5.1     3   
  5   Indianapolis Colts   4       16     |     5  Minnesota Vikings   86     430      5      3   
  6   Cleveland Browns     4       10     |     6  Buffalo Bills       89     422     4.7     1   
  7   Green Bay Packers    5       10     |     7  New York Giants     113    534     4.7     4   
  8   New York Jets        5       8      |     8  Kansas City Chiefs  104    482     4.6     2   
  9   Minnesota Vikings    6       15     |     9  New England Patrio  81     370     4.6     2   
  10  Washington Redskin   6       13     |    10  Oakland Raiders     124    560     4.5     2   
  11  Cincinnati Bengals   7       25     |    11  San Diego Chargers  118    529     4.5     4   
  12  New Orleans Saints   7       11     |    12  Tennessee Titans    124    533     4.3     5   
  13  Tampa Bay Buccanee   7       12     |    13  Pittsburgh Steeler  123    534     4.3     4   
  14  Miami Dolphins       7       16     |    14  Washington Redskin  92     392     4.3     3   
  15  Atlanta Falcons      8       12     |    15  Cleveland Browns    113    466     4.1     4   
  16  Detroit Lions        8       21     |    16  Jacksonville Jagua  125    518     4.1     2   
 Rank        Team        Sacks  QB Hits   |   Rank        Team         Att    Yds     Avg    TDs  
  17  San Francisco 49er   8       26     |    17  Carolina Panthers   104    413      4      2   
  18  San Diego Chargers   8       16     |    18  Atlanta Falcons     149    579     3.9     3   
  19  New York Giants      9       22     |    19  Green Bay Packers   96     378     3.9     4   
  20  Pittsburgh Steeler   9       14     |    20  Miami Dolphins      88     336     3.8     1   
  21  Tennessee Titans     9       11     |    21  San Francisco 49er  83     315     3.8     2   
  22  Seattle Seahawks     9       14     |    22  Detroit Lions       87     321     3.7     4   
  23  Jacksonville Jagua   10      21     |    23  Seattle Seahawks    88     318     3.6     2   
  24  St. Louis Rams       10      21     |    24  Dallas Cowboys      69     240     3.5     1   
  25  Buffalo Bills        11      28     |    25  St. Louis Rams      110    381     3.5     2   
  26  Denver Broncos       11      22     |    26  Tampa Bay Buccanee  85     289     3.4     1   
  27  Houston Texans       11      17     |    27  Chicago Bears       84     275     3.3     0   
  28  Carolina Panthers    12      25     |    28  Cincinnati Bengals  111    368     3.3     2   
  29  Oakland Raiders      13      20     |    29  Indianapolis Colts  94     302     3.2     3   
  30  Arizona Cardinals    15      26     |    30  New Orleans Saints  94     293     3.1     1   
  31  Philadelphia Eagle   15      28     |    31  Baltimore Ravens    112    337      3      2   
  32  Chicago Bears        18      31     |    32  Denver Broncos      101    220     2.2     3
New England Patriots are most impressive from this data. 2 sacks, 6 hits, 4.6 YPC even though they haven't run the ball much, a mediocre schedule.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 10-04-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last night was my first taste of the Bears this year, didnt see any games before then.

So you think Cutler suffered his concussion before the Aaron Ross sack on the second to last play of the half (or that he suffered two, one early and then that one)? Idk ESPN has been saying it happened during the Ross sack but I could see it being earlier than that who knows really, just wondering why you think that.

Was Martz the one concussed last night then?

Because thats the only Bears game Ive seen and the complete *** whooping he let Cutler take is the only time Ive seen them play. If he could make the playcalling adjustments before, why couldnt he last night? His system is aggressive with a lot of deep drops so unless that changed early this year than that is incorrect because he has a history of getting guys killed (Trent Green, Warner, Bulger, Smith last year, Cutler last game). This is a pretty clear pattern that the O-coordinator has some kinks to work out.
Martz is the M. Night Shyamalan of the NFL. Good, promising movies early in his career, then put out a slew of abortions, yet somehow keeps getting people to come watch his movies thinking "this is gonna be the one that springs him back to the top!" And it inevitably sucks worse than the last one.

Bears have three wins right now completely because of their defense. I don't care what's going on in the secondary, the front seven is healthy and that makes that D elite.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post

And again not having seen a lot:

Sacks taken:
2009 first three games: 6
2010: 8, four against the brutal pass rush of....The Detroit Lions. Yeah.
(chose not to include game 4 because the 9 sack game obviously would skew it in my favor, trying to be fair)

Dropbacks/sack 2009= 17ish drop backs to 1 sack through first three games
2010: 11 drop back to 1 sack (not including the Giants game again.)

So, although i havent actually seen it with my eyes, it would appear that the 'lot more short drops than last year' may not be accurate. then again very small sample but its what we got.

But from what I did see that sack number couldve been even higher because he got away a few times against the Giants.

I know stats arent everything, but they seem to show Martz is still the same guy hes been for over a decade. and really, i didnt see any reason to believe he'll change his stubborn ways anytime soon.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chargers and more...

Yeah the Chargers are beasting it, and we are not even 100 % right now.
I have harped before about our O-Line play and their was some definite uncertainty at the start of the season with our unit. McNeill held out (until last week, but still hasn't suited up) and we were paper thin on depth.

Dumbo has taken over McNeill's spot and frankly has done a great job. I hope he is retained and rewarded, and his play is increasingly better each week. He is young and still makes mistakes, but unlike McNeill an actually run block. Clary on the other side is still sort of the inconsistent weak link of the starters. He shows flashes, but then will proceed to have his off games. I think if we do retain McNeill long term, maybe he could swap to the Right Side (but I doubt it because Dumbo is a better grader, and most likely will be kicked back over to his natural side).

Dielman and Hardwick are enigmas. Both are Pro Bowlers, Dielman is our most solid lineman, but has had his share of bad games. Hardwick-I love the guy, but the injury bug is catching up, and he struggles with big NT's (which he faces a lot). Vasquez is in his second year and is playing well, no concerns here.

Only real problem with our line as a unit is they suck as run blocking. Under Marty that is what we excelled at, granted we had guys that were nasty and played smash mouth football instead of the finesse game we play now. Mike Goff, Olivea, and even Fonoti opened big holes back in the day, but Goff aged, Olivea is out of the league, and Fonoti out ate himself.

If we can get that intensity back I will be a happy man.

I like what Houstons O line is doing, lots of smaller name, but the ZBS kills
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Martz is the M. Night Shyamalan of the NFL. Good, promising movies early in his career, then put out a slew of abortions, yet somehow keeps getting people to come watch his movies thinking "this is gonna be the one that springs him back to the top!" And it inevitably sucks worse than the last one.

Bears have three wins right now completely because of their defense. I don't care what's going on in the secondary, the front seven is healthy and that makes that D elite.

Very true. As the numbers showed last night when they put them up on SNF, the offenses under Martz have improved at a declining rate at each place hes gone, which leads me to believe without great personel, he aint that great. Gee, who'da thunk it.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I definitely wouldn't go that far, but as I said earlier they're getting more crap than they deserve because of the start of last season.
They are doing well, serviceable. Averaging just under 4 YPC with John Kuhn and Brandon Jackson is good. Aaron Rodgers is on pace for only 20 sacks and he's getting hit 2.5 times a game, which is great. I have to downgrade them for penalties - they traded a sack for a hold a couple times - and running on first down - with our passing game we should be able to open holes on 1st and 2nd down. Hey, at least it's setting up play action pretty well, which is its primary function anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

New England Patriots are most impressive from this data. 2 sacks, 6 hits, 4.6 YPC even though they haven't run the ball much, a mediocre schedule.
Those stats shows how good Orton is playing right now. He has the worst run game in the nfl (by a loooooooong way), the 26th ranked line in protecting him, but leads the league in passing yards.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I pointed out in an earlier post that you don't necessarily have to whack your head off of something to get a concussion. Just a blind side hit or something along those lines can really rock your brain around in your head.

If he didn't have one before, then the Ross hit for sure gave it to him. But I really do believe something was wrong with him much earlier in that game and that led to more sacks, being less able to elude rushers, holding onto the ball even when shorter drops were called, etc. And then the Ross hit just finished him off.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really disappointed in the Titans. I thought adding Leroy Harris at LG and putting Amano at C would've improved them, but it looks like they're actually declined. I dunno if they miss Mawae, Amano isn't handling C well or Harris isn't as good as I thought he'd be, or if they're just taking a while to gel.

We'll see though. They've been too good of a unit to struggle, and Mike Munchak is too good of a coach to let them underachieve for long.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm really disappointed in the Titans. I thought adding Leroy Harris at LG and putting Amano at C would've improved them, but it looks like they're actually declined. I dunno if they miss Mawae, Amano isn't handling C well or Harris isn't as good as I thought he'd be, or if they're just taking a while to gel.

We'll see though. They've been too good of a unit to struggle, and Mike Munchak is too good of a coach to let them underachieve for long.
O-lines are typically something that struggles early in the year and gels later if they get to stick together.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you lose a line general like Mawae, it will affect everything. It's probably the main reason the Pats haven't replaced Dan Koppen. Dude is just the best OL director in the NFL... He gets eaten alive by NTs, but his ability to direct his linemates more than makes of for his deficiencies.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given that the pats are playing without two of their starters and a few new guys, the line has looked very solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
O-lines are typically something that struggles early in the year and gels later if they get to stick together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
When you lose a line general like Mawae, it will affect everything. It's probably the main reason the Pats haven't replaced Dan Koppen. Dude is just the best OL director in the NFL... He gets eaten alive by NTs, but his ability to direct his linemates more than makes of for his deficiencies.
If it doesn't clear up, mark Center as the #1 need for the Titans.

That, or switching Harris to C (He can play any position. Dude's a beast), and put Amano at G. Amano may be better at pulling, and was part of a lot of big plays last year. Jake Scott is old and lacks athleticism. Harris can go toe-to-toe with massive DL's too (single handedly held Haloti Ngata in check as a rookie when he had to start at C for the '08 playoff game).

It's not like they haven't faced good DL's though. The Steelers and the Giants are no joke. They easily handled the Raiders. I'm not sure where the Broncos rank, but they struggled running the ball against them. Cowboys will be another tough one.

Pass-protection has been pretty good, to be honest. It's running the ball that's the issue. But I don't think CJ has really been giving his all, to be honest.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Here's the main offensive line stats, sorted by sacks and another sorted by average

Code:
  1   Dallas Cowboys       1       14     |     1  Houston Texans      124    688     5.5     5   
  2   Kansas City Chiefs   2       11     |     2  Philadelphia Eagle  95     527     5.5     5   
  3   New England Patrio   2       6      |     3  Arizona Cardinals   74     396     5.4     2   
  4   Baltimore Ravens     4       17     |     4  New York Jets       131    671     5.1     3   
  5   Indianapolis Colts   4       16     |     5  Minnesota Vikings   86     430      5      3   
  6   Cleveland Browns     4       10     |     6  Buffalo Bills       89     422     4.7     1   
  7   Green Bay Packers    5       10     |     7  New York Giants     113    534     4.7     4   
  8   New York Jets        5       8      |     8  Kansas City Chiefs  104    482     4.6     2   
  9   Minnesota Vikings    6       15     |     9  New England Patrio  81     370     4.6     2   
  10  Washington Redskin   6       13     |    10  Oakland Raiders     124    560     4.5     2   
  11  Cincinnati Bengals   7       25     |    11  San Diego Chargers  118    529     4.5     4   
  12  New Orleans Saints   7       11     |    12  Tennessee Titans    124    533     4.3     5   
  13  Tampa Bay Buccanee   7       12     |    13  Pittsburgh Steeler  123    534     4.3     4   
  14  Miami Dolphins       7       16     |    14  Washington Redskin  92     392     4.3     3   
  15  Atlanta Falcons      8       12     |    15  Cleveland Browns    113    466     4.1     4   
  16  Detroit Lions        8       21     |    16  Jacksonville Jagua  125    518     4.1     2   
  17  San Francisco 49er   8       26     |    17  Carolina Panthers   104    413      4      2   
  18  San Diego Chargers   8       16     |    18  Atlanta Falcons     149    579     3.9     3   
  19  New York Giants      9       22     |    19  Green Bay Packers   96     378     3.9     4   
  20  Pittsburgh Steeler   9       14     |    20  Miami Dolphins      88     336     3.8     1   
  21  Tennessee Titans     9       11     |    21  San Francisco 49er  83     315     3.8     2   
  22  Seattle Seahawks     9       14     |    22  Detroit Lions       87     321     3.7     4   
  23  Jacksonville Jagua   10      21     |    23  Seattle Seahawks    88     318     3.6     2   
  24  St. Louis Rams       10      21     |    24  Dallas Cowboys      69     240     3.5     1   
  25  Buffalo Bills        11      28     |    25  St. Louis Rams      110    381     3.5     2   
  26  Denver Broncos       11      22     |    26  Tampa Bay Buccanee  85     289     3.4     1   
  27  Houston Texans       11      17     |    27  Chicago Bears       84     275     3.3     0   
  28  Carolina Panthers    12      25     |    28  Cincinnati Bengals  111    368     3.3     2   
  29  Oakland Raiders      13      20     |    29  Indianapolis Colts  94     302     3.2     3   
  30  Arizona Cardinals    15      26     |    30  New Orleans Saints  94     293     3.1     1   
  31  Philadelphia Eagle   15      28     |    31  Baltimore Ravens    112    337      3      2   
  32  Chicago Bears        18      31     |    32  Denver Broncos      101    220     2.2     3
Where did you get this?
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

The data is from NFL.com and I organized it in a spreadsheet.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray the Chiefs line doesn't suck!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

im surprised the Lions' pass blocking is that high up. Theyre also 2nd in the NFL in sacks. Usually thats the formula to winning games, solid O-line and solid D-line.. Hmm yet they're 0-4. Well 1-3 because the refs stole the game from them in Chicago. CURSED
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Hooray the Chiefs line doesn't suck!
The improvement has been noticeable, but I didn't really expect it to be that much. A lot of credit to Barry Richardson for filing into RT.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is because Bulaga the Chiefs dont suck
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Let's try to name off all the good olines in the league right now.

Baltimore
Cleveland
Miami
NYJ

I know those 4 for sure are great^

What about SD? They look pretty decent, but I wouldn't call them elite, and they can't run block either.

Tennessee took a step back this year, so not them. I haven't seen enough of Cinncy to comment on them. Same for Pittsburgh.

I can't think of any other than those 4.
They can run block fine. Otherwise you're saying that Tolbert is the greatest RB in the NFL with over 6 ypc.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorningZoo View Post
Yeah the Chargers are beasting it, and we are not even 100 % right now.
I have harped before about our O-Line play and their was some definite uncertainty at the start of the season with our unit. McNeill held out (until last week, but still hasn't suited up) and we were paper thin on depth.

Dumbo has taken over McNeill's spot and frankly has done a great job. I hope he is retained and rewarded, and his play is increasingly better each week. He is young and still makes mistakes, but unlike McNeill an actually run block. Clary on the other side is still sort of the inconsistent weak link of the starters. He shows flashes, but then will proceed to have his off games. I think if we do retain McNeill long term, maybe he could swap to the Right Side (but I doubt it because Dumbo is a better grader, and most likely will be kicked back over to his natural side).

Dielman and Hardwick are enigmas. Both are Pro Bowlers, Dielman is our most solid lineman, but has had his share of bad games. Hardwick-I love the guy, but the injury bug is catching up, and he struggles with big NT's (which he faces a lot). Vasquez is in his second year and is playing well, no concerns here.

Only real problem with our line as a unit is they suck as run blocking. Under Marty that is what we excelled at, granted we had guys that were nasty and played smash mouth football instead of the finesse game we play now. Mike Goff, Olivea, and even Fonoti opened big holes back in the day, but Goff aged, Olivea is out of the league, and Fonoti out ate himself.

If we can get that intensity back I will be a happy man.

I like what Houstons O line is doing, lots of smaller name, but the ZBS kills
A few minor corrections. First, Clary isn't the weak link. That would be Hardwick. Second, Dombo's natural position is on the left side, not the right. Even the coaches admitted as much. We'll see what happens with McNeill back. Maybe Dombroski will move to RG again. Or maybe he's the future replacement for Dielman. Or maybe he'll continue playing at left tackle while McNeill is benched.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote