Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Buffalo's defense, they've played 3 3-1 teams and a 2-2 team and lost by 7 to the Pats at Foxboro and 5 to Miami at home.

I think the Jets and Packers are just tough matchups for any team in the league and both are SB contenders for a reason. No shame in getting blown out by them.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running the ball is apparently outdated in many eyes.

I obviously disagree. There's nothing wrong with old school football. In fact, I think the trend will eventually go back to that style, with more teams getting smaller and faster to defend the pass, (someone in this forum mentioned this before and I agree completely, I'm forgetting who said it), some team is gonna smarten up and get big and strong and play smashmouth defense and roll over teams with the run game.

Running the ball isn't up the middle, or off tackle left or right. That's simply not true. Running the ball may look simple, but sometimes simple wins.

I don't fault Singletary for his style, I fault him for not having a clue about clock management, Xs and Os, and in game decisions/adjustments.

His preference for "old school" football isn't the problem though.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers job is the perfect Brian Schottenheimer landing spot now that I just thought about it.

Of those 4 as they are right now, I'd take the Lions. Schwartz and his staff are a million times more competent than Singletary's.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Running the ball is apparently outdated in many eyes.

I obviously disagree. There's nothing wrong with old school football. In fact, I think the trend will eventually go back to that style, with more teams getting smaller and faster to defend the pass, (someone in this forum mentioned this before and I agree completely, I'm forgetting who said it), some team is gonna smarten up and get big and strong and play smashmouth defense and roll over teams with the run game.

Running the ball isn't up the middle, or off tackle left or right. That's simply not true. Running the ball may look simple, but sometimes simple wins.

I don't fault Singletary for his style, I fault him for not having a clue about clock management, Xs and Os, and in game decisions/adjustments.

His preference for "old school" football isn't the problem though.
Unless someone else said it before me, I was the one who said about some team wising up and going smashmouth in your truths thread iirc. (Or someone's truths thread where we were both posting.)

With more and more athletic o-lineman and scat backs being drafted higher and higher to fit into pass whacky offenses, I really do think some team will just sit back and start drafting the big lug o-lineman and some dominant physical runner and just start running over the smaller defenders. And I think it'll happen within the next 3 years.

It's sort of like the opposite of what Shanny did back in the 90s in Denver. He took all of the small, athletic lineman that other teams were passing on, and he got them late in the draft because no one else really wanted them. He got talented guys like Tom Nalen and Matt Lepsis, plugged them in, and go pro-bowl caliber performances out of them. Then other teams caught on, his system started to spread a bid, and then those guys became less and less available since there was a lot of competition from other teams.....and his success in Denver started to run out.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford > Alex Smith
9ers D (slightly underachieving) > Lions D

The Lions could probably win that NFC west haha they are not bad.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions, since they should be 1-3 anyways (yeah yeah rules are rules **** that it makes for a nice little one liner)

also **** one liners, Stafford is out. That gives them enough reason to win some of their close games.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think carolina is the best team of that list, but i expect theyll finish the year with the most wins

it's just john fox's MO to win a bunch of meaningless games once the season is over to ruin our draft pick

also I expect once jeff otah returns the line will start playing better and this will probably coincide with Clausen starting to get a better feel for the game and start producing some wins. the RB core is still very talented even if the non-Smith WRs aren't, and Clausen really likes throwing to the backs anyway

detroit is probably the best team of the list. problem is theyre still detroit. need another year or two to get out of that vortex of suck, imo
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Yea, I agree. I think Herm Edwards would make for an incredible Head Coach in college. He'd make for an incredible recruiter both in his ability to get kids to want to play for him and his ability to sell parents on what he wants to do. Unfortunately, I doubt Herm would ever do that.

I think Singletary is a nice assistant, but a terrible head coach.
I'm disappointed in Singletary as a HC, but I think he'd be like Herm as a college coach. If my son was being recruited by Mike Singletary, I'd want my son to play for him, no questions asked. Would you do something stupid that could get you in trouble if Singletary was your coach? Didn't think so. He's always been a guy who will need good co-ordinators though, at least on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions. They have been losing by field goals, and should have won the Bears gamme if Calvin Johnson wasn't in a rush to get up and celebrate. I'll put the 9ers right behind them

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers are easily the best team. They just need to show up in every game instead of just against good teams.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The negative side for Buffalo will be their SOS.

They will have 6 games against NE, Mia, and NYJ. They will be a lot higher than say an St Louis or San fransisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Yea, I agree. I think Herm Edwards would make for an incredible Head Coach in college. He'd make for an incredible recruiter both in his ability to get kids to want to play for him and his ability to sell parents on what he wants to do. Unfortunately, I doubt Herm would ever do that.
Completely agree.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Quite frankly, if I were Detroit, I'd hold off on bringing Stafford back in, even if it means letting him sit the whole year. Do not force him back in there behind that o-line and let him get hurt again.
Maybe the Bears should do the same with Cutler!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions by a mile. Lets see:
Quarterback: check - Even without their bell winner they are getting great play out of their #2
Running backs: check - Jahvid Best through 4 games has looked like Chris Johnson last year and they still have veterans Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris to take some snaps
Receivers: check - Throw it up to CJ and he'll take it away. The rest are good enough.
Tight Ends: check - Pettigrew and Scheffler are excellent blockers. Scheffler is a hard nosed vet while Pettigrew is a good receiver, if he can stop dropping balls.
OL: check - From left to right a lot of teams actually envy their line. Riaola is a very good center and Backus is satisfactory at LT.
DL: check check check - They couldn't have assembled a better crew here. I'm in love with their front 4 pass rush and run stuffing.
LB: meh - When they get healthy they could be pretty good, but they don't have the best range or coverage ability.
Secondary: trash - Delmas is solid, Houston and CC Brown have no business starting for anybody

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Maybe the Bears should do the same with Cutler!
Yeah, but we've done well enough already that the playoffs aren't completely out of the question, so we've got to try it.

You guys.....0-4 with your backup QB for at least a few more games is probably insurmountable at this point. Play to develop your young guys and enjoy another high pick.

Then maybe move Pettigrew to LT...... ;)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Singletary's problem isn't that he wants to run the ball. It's that he's incompetent, is clueless when it comes to X&Os, and his tough-guy nonsense is an act, not real leadership. He's already developed a reputation for being a guy that says one thing to your face and does another, he isn't a coach that will be able to keep the respect of a NFL team longterm. There's already signs that the 49ers have quit on him, which is a joke for a guy with no qualifications outside of being a motivator.

He's just not qualified to be a head coach. He wasn't even a particularly good position coach.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 10-04-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
The Lions by a mile. Lets see:
Quarterback: check - Even without their bell winner they are getting great play out of their #2
Running backs: check - Jahvid Best through 4 games has looked like Chris Johnson last year and they still have veterans Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris to take some snaps
Receivers: check - Throw it up to CJ and he'll take it away. The rest are good enough.
Tight Ends: check - Pettigrew and Scheffler are excellent blockers. Scheffler is a hard nosed vet while Pettigrew is a good receiver, if he can stop dropping balls.
OL: check - From left to right a lot of teams actually envy their line. Riaola is a very good center and Backus is satisfactory at LT.
DL: check check check - They couldn't have assembled a better crew here. I'm in love with their front 4 pass rush and run stuffing.
LB: meh - When they get healthy they could be pretty good, but they don't have the best range or coverage ability.
Secondary: trash - Delmas is solid, Houston and CC Brown have no business starting for anybody
If you want to talk about talent the 49ers are miles ahead of every other 0-4 at basically every position. The problem is they lack competent coaching
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit seems to be the overall pick here. Its kinda hard for me to say Detroit because they got easily handled by the mediocre Vikings.

But I still kinda see Detroit as an 1-3 team myself. To hell with the rules. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
If you want to talk about talent the 49ers are miles ahead of every other 0-4 at basically every position. The problem is they lack competent coaching
I disagree. They are young across the board, with some holes and inconsistency. Vernon Davis can get open down the field consistently, but they need rookies Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati to pass block and Alex Smith to read it and make the throw. Sure I like Davis and Iupati, but with only 4 starts, they are much better run blockers than pass blockers and struggle picking up out of the ordinary blitzes. The same thing happens on defense. Clements is overrated (or he just sucks). Their secondary as a whole is pretty poor. Their outside linebackers are bad which forces Willis and Spikes to take on responsibilities they shouldn't have to, such as becoming big time pass rushers. Justin Smith is overrated as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-04-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I'm calling time of death on this argument. the 9ers aren't that talented. Either they are on year 3 (4?) of ridiculous underachieving or they've been overrated and either way the benefit of the doubt shouldn't be there anymore. Vernon and Crabtree, okay. there's obviously some talent in the LB corps. Mays. But Detroit is building something and the pieces are better than san fran's assortment. CALVIN, Best, Suh, Stafford, Delmas, even Pettigrew...i'm a fan of all these guys and the list keeps going.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying the Lions are "miles" better then the 49ers right now may be true, but the 49ers have a more overall talented and complete team.

Singletary is good coach, he brings the best out of his players, his biggest mistake was to try and spread his football philosophy to the offense. He brought in an old school coach in Jimmy Raye and told him how he wanted him to run the offense.

This smashmouth type offense really just hasn't been effective or balanced. 50% of the plays are running it up the gut with Frank Gore. Any quarterback will struggle in this type of offense.

Singletary and the 49ers made a big step, and that was getting rid of the old 1960's offensive mastermind who was running the offense, and bringing in a more modern spread it out/balanced offensive attack in Mike Johnson.

The 49ers will end up having a best record out of these four teams, and it won't be very close.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 10-04-2010 at 05:50 PM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Then maybe move Pettigrew to LT...... ;)
I don't understand why you want to play this game. Do you really want me to break down Jerry Angelo's draft history? Dan Bazuin? Juaquin Iglesias? Chris Williams? The Jay Cutler trade? Cutler threw a **** ton of INTs last year and now he can't finish games because the line can't protect him. Enjoy your 3-1 record but I'll take Mayhew going forward.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't understand why you want to play this game. Do you really want me to break down Jerry Angelo's draft history? Dan Bazuin? Juaquin Iglesias? Chris Williams? The Jay Cutler trade? Cutler threw a **** ton of INTs last year and now he can't finish games because the line can't protect him. Enjoy your 3-1 record but I'll take Mayhew going forward.
I only think the Pettigrew pick takes heat because Oher was on the board which is a stupid reason. I thought it was a good pick at the time, and I still think it was a solid pick. Pettigrew can block and he is an excellent compliment to a young Stafford and someone to run routes underneath Calvin Johnson and the 2-3 defenders he brings with him. He just has bad hands, but he's young and most of the time he uses his hands and not his body, so there is a decent chance that improves.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 10-04-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions FIGHT like no other. Thus why I'd take them over the other 3, who have given up a few times.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I make fun of JA being stupid all the time. I did it last night in the discussion thread saying how we'll surely fail to address the o-line situation this year, waiting until the 7th round to draft an uber-raw developmental type while drafting an undersized receiver, small school defensive lineman and an in the box safety with our first 3 picks.

You guys put the fate of your franchise saving QB in Jeff ******* Backus who barely even moved to block Peppers on that play and who in his career, has been at the very best, average.

If you passed on him for a DB...or another o-lineman...or a d-lineman....or basically anything useful position, I'd lay off.

But Pettigrew is a ******* BLOCKING TE!! Very few things in the football world piss me off more than the thought of a BLOCKING TE. DO NOT USE A FIRST ROUND PICK ON A BLOCKING TE. I would take an athletic pass catching TE 100 out of 100 times and just teach him to try and block a little than take a blocking TE.

Or how about this novel idea? Just use a ******* 6th lineman if you want to block. Do both. Jumbo package, 2 TEs, one receiver and one converted lineman.

I mean for ***** sake, slap a number in the 80s on one your backup tackles so he check in at the position without having to check in as eligible if that's the problem.

That is why I have a major problem with what the Lions did there. Even if they hated Oher's guts and took him completely off their draft board, they should have drafted something more useful than a blocking ******* TE.

And don't even get me started on how pissed I am that we gave money and a roster spot to ******* Manumalefatass. God damn how I hate blocking ******* TEs.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
The Lions FIGHT like no other. Thus why I'd take them over the other 3, who have given up a few times.
The thing is i think they can only get kicked in the nuts so many times before they fold, they need to hurry up and get a win before the team says **** it.