Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Rumor is it's for a 3rd rounder... eh. Still decent for the Pats.
If they really were planning on parting ways with Moss after this season, it's definitely a good move.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is reporting also now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumor is it's for a 3rd rounder... eh. Still decent for the Pats.
No it isn't.

I wonder if Moss threw a temper tantrum about not getting the ball enough in the locker room or something.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't Minny play New England in a few weeks?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would take Moss' role in NE's offense?

I'm not familiar with their receivers
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if they'd pull the rug on the offense like that but i highly doubt he'll be back next year. At his advanced age, seemingly lack of enthusiasm and the Pats holding 2 number ones i dont expect to see him there in 2011.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Moss has become a huge locker room problem, I don't get why you'd get rid of him for a 3rd rounder, especially when they own Oakland's first and Carolina's 2nd already.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd guess they would just go Welker, Tate, Woodhead, & Edelmen

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* love Randy Moss so much, I would probably cry tears of joy if this happened.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings potential 2011 receivers. Sidney Rice, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin and Bernard Berrian with........Tarvaris Jackson at QB. That's like giving a Lamborghini to an Asian woman.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i'd guess they would just go Welker, Tate, Woodhead, & Edelmen
I'm noticing a theme here.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you watched the game last night, you can definitely fill in the blanks about what occurred right after the game and this morning...

BB isn't having that ****... the Pats won titles as a team, and that's the type of culture they'll deal a talent like Moss to maintain...

It looks like a bad move football-wise on the surface but realistically this is still an offense with a bunch of weapons and for the long-term, adding a 3rd rounder for a guy they weren't going to retain anyway is solid.

In addition to another third, they have the Raiders first round pick next year (could be used on a WR like A.J. Green or Michael Floyd).

This is a team that won Super Bowls with Deion Branch as the #1 WR. As an offensive juggernaut the team put up great stats but never won a Championship. This move is a clear message that they are making a concerted effort to go back to TEAM Patriots football. You saw how pumped BB and TB were after last night.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Michael Floyd for their system.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A single-back, 3-WR set of

Tate
Welker
Hernandez

TE Gron

RB Woody or BJGE

is more than formidable with TB back there...
Old 10-05-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm noticing a theme here.
So, what's the problem with that?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A single-back, 3-WR set of

Tate
Welker
Hernandez

TE Gron

RB Woody or BJGE

is more than formidable with TB back there...
That offense will look a lot different without Moss being constantly bracketed. They'd be fine if they had the early 2000s Pats defense, but well...they don't.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the people back in Mass. do teams still double team Moss? If they dont wtf are you losing if he leaves.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my post from the Patriots team forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
According to PFT/Glazer the Patriots are Vikings are talking trade for Moss. It would be sad to see him leave, especially in the middle of the year like that, but then again it almost makes too much sense to be honest. The Vikings are desperate for a WR, Favre always wanted to throw to Moss, he's undoubtedly still very popular there. Patriots are trying to rebuild, probably won't re-sign Moss, but could steer him out of the AFC and hoard another second round draft pick (hopefully), then target a wide receiver with one of our picks.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^He's a dynamic deep threat and great red-zone talent but little else... I saw him miss multiple blocks last night and he never goes over the middle... not really much of a YAC guy anymore either...

Think about it - he barely got the ball at all this season and the Pats offense has been fine aside from the Jet game (a defense where Moss doesn't matter anyway because Revis negates him).
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To the people back in Mass. do teams still double team Moss? If they dont wtf are you losing if he leaves.
They sure as hell still do. Those zero catches last night were no coincidence, although it illuminated only part of his issues. There was other stuff going on behind the scenes, for sure.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss is one of the few WR who can catch Favre's wild passes these days.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Moss is one of the few WR who can catch Favre's wild passes these days.
Outside of one highlight catch, Moss has had stone hands this year. He's actually had trouble with drops for some time.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Outside of one highlight catch, Moss has had stone hands this year. He's actually had trouble with drops for some time.
He only tends to drop passes when he doesn't give a ****.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^He's a dynamic deep threat and great red-zone talent but little else... I saw him miss multiple blocks last night and he never goes over the middle... not really much of a YAC guy anymore either...

Think about it - he barely got the ball at all this season and the Pats offense has been fine aside from the Jet game (a defense where Moss doesn't matter anyway because Revis negates him).
The only major value Moss has in that offense is his red zone presence. Broncos run a similar offense to the Pats with Jabar Gaffney and Brandon Lloyd - both of who are putting up huge yardage between the twenties. Moving the ball without Moss is easy, but losing him in the redzone will hurt a bit.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote