Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some 1st Quarter of the Season Thoughts

-One of the more unsung great players of the year so far has been Tamba Hali. This guy is a beast. You watch him play, he has it all. He has great speed, great usage of his hands, great power, he understands leverage, great motor, he can sink his hips, he can do it all. He's one of the big reasons why KC's defense is much improved.

-Speaking of which, you gotta give it up to KC. They are no longer in my eyes an overachieving team, they have plenty of talent on this team. Great coaching staff, the defense is pretty damn good. Great STs too (although it didn't show this week). Brandon Flowers is a stud. On offense, they have weapons and a great oline. Bowe, McCluster, Moeki (sp) make a solid group of playmakers. Great RB punch with Charles and TJ, and a sprinkle of McCluster.

Great oline. They just need a qb. Matt Cassell is AWFUL. This team is a qb away from being a competitive team again. I don't know what's in store for them this year, but the future looks promising. If they can keep playing great defense and run the rock, they have a chance in the mediocre West.

-Matt Ryan is killing me. He's so mediocre. He's my fantasy qb so obviously I have a vested interest in him, but he's just so mediocre. And I'm not talking about his statistics, forget that for a second. I'm talking about his performance, he's just missing guys, he's not getting it out to the right read sometimes, he just doesn't look that great for whatever reason. The defense and run game are doing their part, he has weapons, but he's just doing such a mediocre job out there. He needs to step it up. The Falcons are winning ugly bc Ryan isn't being consistent. If they want to be a true playoff contender and not a 1 and done team come playoff time, they need Ryan to step up.

-Roddy White needs to be seriously considered as a top 5 WR in the league. We never talk about the guy, but he just gets it done. He's the total package as a WR. He's viewed as the same caliber as Greg Jennings, but he's been far more productive than Jennings the past 2 years.

-Speaking of which, Jennings is overrated. He's a great deep threat, but he's not having the impact he needs to have. Maybe its the playbook asking him to clear out the field for the other guys, but you expect more out of a guy who should be beating down DBs week in and week out.

-JerMichael Finely proved how valuable he is to that offense. Once he went down, the Packers couldn't do a thing. He's still pound for pound in my eyes, the 2nd best TE in the league.

-The first you ask? Gates. The guy is simply uncoverable. I don't know how you cover Gates. You can't. Not a single DB or LB can cover him man up. If you double him, he'll beat down the LB underneath or blow past him and outjump the DB, so doubling him is useless. If you play inside/outside coverage on him, he finds the soft spot between the 2 defenders and catches the ball.

And once you start sliding 3 guys in zone his way, hey look at that, Malcolm Floyd is wide open for a 60 yard touchdown.

Gates is unstoppable, and he does so much for that SD offense its not even funny. He should be an MVP candidate, not just bc of what he does statistically, but how he helps everyone on that offense and how he impacts a defensive gameplan. You cannot cover Antonio Gates.

-The NFC is pretty darn mediocre.

-Houston is coming back down to earth. They're 3-2, and let's analyze who they won and lost to.

*They won against the Colts, who now that we look at it, isn't that great of a team

*They barely beat the Skins in a game that the Skins pretty much choked away

*They beat the Raiders.

Losses-

-Spanked by the Giants and Cowboys. So if you really sit back and look at it, have the Texans really been that impressive? I don't think so. And I think that plays out as the rest of the season marches along.

-To me, the Titans thus far are the most impressive in the South. They have 2 big wins vs the NFC East, the 2 losses they have are to a Broncos team that they just didn't play well against, and to the Steelers who beat everyone down.

They're tough, physical, play great defense and run the ball. I like them in a watered down AFC South.

-I never believed in the 49ers. And the reason why was bc of the coaching staff and Alex Smith. But even I never thought they'd consistently lose the way they have this year. This year is such a heartbreaker for them.

-You know that terrible Cardinals team that looks terrible without Warner? They're quietly the best team in the NFC West. I think Seattle gives them a fight, but right now Arizona might win that division.

It just shows you how important coaching is. Whisenhunt is easily the best HC in that division, and is really an underrated HC in the league. He's getting it done with so many new pieces and glaring holes.

-Did anyone else notice DJax's body language the past 2 weeks? He's ready to explode. Vick will be back though, so he'll be happy again once he gets the ball 30 yards down the field.

-As much as I kill Kolb, i will give him this, he shown signs of improvement last night. I still think he checks down too much, but he did take a couple of shots downfield. He just can't throw it deep downfield though, so you still handcuff that offense with him in the game.

-Hakeem Nicks is a boss.

-This might be Carson Palmer's last year in Cinncy.

-Jacksonville's GM knows how to rebuild. In 2 drafts, he retooled the oline and the dline. That's how you get it done.

-How the **** is Brandon Lloyd playing so well?

-Alphonso Smith is overdrafted by the Broncos. They give up a 1st for him. They cut him 3 games into his 2nd year. Detroit picks him up. He has 2 pick 6s in 2 weeks with Detroit.

Even when Josh McDaniels fails, he finds a way to double down on his failures. Talk about a guy who can't make personnel moves. Yikes.

Oh by the way, for those keeping score, he also drafted Moreno 12 overall, and traded Peyton Hillis for peanuts. He's an offensive genius, and an underrated HC, but he really needs to stay away from personnel decisions.

I liked his last draft a lot though. I'll give him that.

-I loved Stewart Bradley before the ACL. I thought he was a rising star. But so far, he just doesn't look the same.

-Trent Cole has been pretty quiet too.

-I told a couple of Titan fans after the Giants game that I hated their scheme on defense. I take it back. After studying it more the past couple of weeks, I like it. A nice mix of man and zone, some good blitz packages. I like what they do with their dline.

I only have one complaint. I hate that they only play Finnegan on one side of the field. Anytime you do that with your DBs, you offer up mismatches for the offense to expose.

-Baltimore did what they're supposed to do and looked dominant bc of it: they ran the ball like hell.

-Madden Curse. You can't run from it Drew Brees.

-Boy was I wrong about Carolina. They're awful, and they quit on their coach.

I'll add more as I think of it.

-Revis clearly isn't back from that hammy injury

-Favre's elbow is bothering him, he missed on several throws he easily makes in the past

-Moss isn't as fast as I thought he was. He's on his last leg

-Jared Allen has now been owned badly by both Jake Long and DBrick. He's had a mediocre season through 4 games.

-The entire Vikings dline is underperforming. Pat looks like he has little left in the tank and can only play 2 snaps in a row max. Allen hasn't been doing well. Kevin is still doing his thing though. Watch out for Fred Evans. I hope he leaves in FA so the Giants can pick him up.

-Trade Moss then trade for Branch? Wtf? I get trading Moss, you want to move on, but Branch? What does that accomplish?

-Vincent Jackson's only chance of playing now is Seattle.

-With GB's injuries and Minny's age showing, it's very possible that Chicago could win the division

-I would have never predicted LDT to turn his career around the way he did. It's unreal.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-12-2010 at 08:13 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by greg lloyd do you mean brandon lloyd?

good write up though
Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
by greg lloyd do you mean brandon lloyd?

good write up though
Yup. I don't even know his damn name bc he's been so mediocre in the past.

I'll edit that now.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish SD could fix their inconsistency in special teams and turnovers. The former being a real strange one. If it was as easy as firing the special team's head coach, I would be all for it, but I don't think the next guy would do any better. We're down to our fourth long snapper and we're missing bodies. If it's not the kickoff coverage, it's the freaking punting unit. And it's the same thing for every single one of our losses this year. I still can't believe we lost to the Raiders.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Did anyone else notice DJax's body language the past 2 weeks? He's ready to explode. Vick will be back though, so he'll be happy again once he gets the ball 30 yards down the field.

-As much as I kill Kolb, i will give him this, he shown signs of improvement last night. I still think he checks down too much, but he did take a couple of shots downfield. He just can't throw it deep downfield though, so you still handcuff that offense with him in the game.
Desean's body language really scares me. Last night he wasn't getting the ball and at one point he sat out a drive and just rode the bike because he wasn't having his way. On one hand I'm happy he wants the ball and wants to be a difference maker but having dealt with TO it does scare me a little. We need to design some lays to get him into the game early even if it's just a screen pass or something.

As for Kolb, I'll agree he did make some nice throws last night but the WRs were wide open for the most part. Like you said. he can't throw the deep ball and he just seems like the wrong QB for the personnel we have. On the deep balls he under threw Maclin, who made a nice adjustment, and then he over threw him on the next play.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Desean's body language really scares me. Last night he wasn't getting the ball and at one point he sat out a drive and just rode the bike because he wasn't having his way. On one hand I'm happy he wants the ball and wants to be a difference maker but having dealt with TO it does scare me a little. We need to design some lays to get him into the game early even if it's just a screen pass or something.

As for Kolb, I'll agree he did make some nice throws last night but the WRs were wide open for the most part. Like you said. he can't throw the deep ball and he just seems like the wrong QB for the personnel we have. On the deep balls he under threw Maclin, who made a nice adjustment, and then he over threw him on the next play.
I think the situation will fix itself once Vick comes back. I know people are going to overstate Kolb's game and use it as an argument that he should start again, but as you stated, he doesn't push it down field and outside some bubble screens and one bomb to Maclin, his outside WRs barely touch the ball.

I felt SF did a horrible job gameplanning for Kolb. But what's good for Eagles fans is, you gotta hope this game boosts his stock and he becomes valuable trade bait again.

Remember Seattle was willing to give up their 1st for Kolb last year. Maybe you can squeeze a 2nd out of Cleveland for him now.

The real star of last night was McCoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I wish SD could fix their inconsistency in special teams and turnovers. The former being a real strange one. If it was as easy as firing the special team's head coach, I would be all for it, but I don't think the next guy would do any better. We're down to our fourth long snapper and we're missing bodies. If it's not the kickoff coverage, it's the freaking punting unit. And it's the same thing for every single one of our losses this year. I still can't believe we lost to the Raiders.
Grab Jay Alford. He's on the market and he was our long snapper for FGs. We cut him bc he has been terrible after his ACL, but as just a snapper, he can't be that bad.

Nothing for nothing, I still think the Chargers will win the West this year. They're just too good not to.

And they always start out slow. They'll bounce back, I wouldn't be worried if I was you.

You guys need to run more with Mathews (wth is up with that? feed him the rock!) and Floyd and Rivers are developing chemistry. I think they'll be fine.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus rep for seeing what Chiefs fans have known for awhile Tamba Hali is a beast, dude had a busted lip and was bleeding all over tha place and still in Peyton's face play after play.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Plus rep for seeing what Chiefs fans have known for awhile Tamba Hali is a beast, dude had a busted lip and was bleeding all over tha place and still in Peyton's face play after play.
I saw it from Hali last year. But this year he's taken what he's done last year and has improved even more.

Last year he looked great. This year he looks dominant. He really turned the corner the past 2 years.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not only is KC a QB away we're also a legit #1 WR away from being a playoff team
Old 10-11-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have me at such a crossroads with players>plays.

I don't think it can be understated how Todd Haley has completely reshaped the personality of this team from the Club Med vibe they had under Herm. Also, Crennel has that unit playing lights out. They swarm to the football, they're disciplined, and they're progressing.

So is this the case of a talented group of young players coming into their own? Is it the coaching staff? Obviously, it's a combination of both, but this chicken or egg argument is intriguing.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hali has improved significantly even from last year, when he had an underrated season. His run defense is much improved and he is much more technically sound. A better interior pass rush is also helping, last year it was too easy for QBs to step up in the pocket to avoid pressure.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The Chiefs have me at such a crossroads with players>plays.

I don't think it can be understated how Todd Haley has completely reshaped the personality of this team from the Club Med vibe they had under Herm. Also, Crennel has that unit playing lights out. They swarm to the football, they're disciplined, and they're progressing.

So is this the case of a talented group of young players coming into their own? Is it the coaching staff? Obviously, it's a combination of both, but this chicken or egg argument is intriguing.
To be a good football team, you need both talent and good coaching. You can't win with coaching alone, or with talent alone. That's just how it is.

Bill Bellichick hasn't done **** defensively since he lost his players. In fact, his scheme has looked terrible, considering he's too stubborn to adjust it and simplify it for a young group of guys still learning their positions.

I think good coaching is finding the right guys who can motivate, teach, and put guys in position to play their best. Not fitting square pegs in round holes.

That's why its a combination of talent and coaching. The perfect mix is finding a staff that will find out what their team does best, and maximizing that and putting them in position to do what they do best.

It's all about adjustments.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If troy P is playing better than any safety in football then Laron Landry has gotta be second, i had no idea that he would ever be this good.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm seriously curious. why do you think he's an offensive genius?
You gotta give credit to a guy who is making Kyle Orton look as good as he has looked, and who is making Brandon Lloyd one of the top statistical WRs in the league.

That has to count for something.

Is he horrible at personnel decisions? Absolutely. But I think if we give him time, and allow him to build the team the way he wants it, he can do some damage with this unit.

He just had a great draft. Give him a developed Thomas with an all of a sudden decent Lloyd, with his oline improving with those picks, and if he gets a RB, all of a sudden that offense is pretty good.

The defense will get better too. Ayers hasn't looked terrible, he's improving. You'll get Dumerville back.

Patience. With McDaniels, you gotta have patience. He's completely overhauling that team. Did he need to overhaul it? No. But what's done is done, and you gotta be patient with him.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs bringing back Mike Vrabel was a great move I can't even begin to explain how much he means to their D, he is far from the player he once was but is a great leader and a coach on the field.

He is a big reason way Hali has took such a big step from DE to LB, Vrabel took him under his wing pretty much from day one and Hali has soaked up the knowledge.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lloyd now has 589 receiving yards through five games, putting him on pace for 1,885 yards this season. Jerry Rice's NFL record is 1,848 yards in 1995.

Bizzare doesn't even begin to describe this....
Old 10-11-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of things on the OP:

Houston has come back to earth because Andre Johnson and Mario Williams arent 100%. Reduce the strength of any team's top 2 players and you'd see the same result.

Stewart Bradley. 99% of the LBs in the NFL cant cover Vernon Davis down the middle of the field, it isnt a knock on Bradley that he is in that group.

Matt Ryan 62% comp rate, 7 to 3 tds to ints and he's been sacked 10 times (which tells me he isnt getting the best line play in the world). He's managing things and winning.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Houston has come back to earth because Andre Johnson and Mario Williams arent 100%. Reduce the strength of any team's top 2 players and you'd see the same result.

Stewart Bradley. 99% of the LBs in the NFL cant cover Vernon Davis down the middle of the field, it isnt a knock on Bradley that he is in that group.

Matt Ryan 62% comp rate, 7 to 3 tds to ints and he's been sacked 10 times (which tells me he isnt getting the best line play in the world). He's managing things and winning.
10 sacks isn't terrible at this point, it's pretty average. Half the league is in that 8-12 sack range as far as offensive lines go.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
10 sacks isn't terrible at this point, it's pretty average. Half the league is in that 8-12 sack range as far as offensive lines go.
You're probably right i know it would be average here in Seattle (for 2 games).

How is MRI monday going there in Green Bay?. The boys are my pick for the Superbowl but health is going to be the telling issue.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

I'd say they've come back to earth because they have the worst pass defense in the league. Their safeties can't cover and Kareem Jackson has been embarrassingly bad. It was unreal how open Nicks (and Roy Williams 2 weeks ago) were.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 10-11-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's so funny how McDaniels looks so bad with some of those moves, it's obvious if you don't take away his power to make those decisions he's not gonna last long at all. The irony of the Alphonso Smith situation is funny as hell, as well as giving up PLUS picks for probably the worst player listed as a QB in the NFL, then Hillis is churning out 100 yard games and now they are stuck with Maroney lol. The jokes just make themselves.

No Madden Curse BBD, come on now. I thought it was you had to be hurt? Then once that didn't happen people start saying that it's the Madden Curse if your not playing like an all-pro. Stuff happens, people can't always play at an all-pro level.

Just look at Andre Johnson, what if he was on the cover? What would people be going crazy over right now? Exactly. In the NFL it's hard to play at a high level for a consecutive amount of seasons, or stay healthy, etc, but people always just fit the Madden Curse to anything they want to now, it used to be injuries now it's any bad throw, loss, showing up on the injury report, basically Madden Curse if your not on the 1st team All-Pro.

I agree with Finley being the 2nd best TE, Gates deserves the love you gave him, but Finley is a man out there. He's been leading that team in receptions and yardage, cannot be covered, and is the #1 target.

I also very much agree with Roddy, he is underrated in general. He's gotten so much better since his first 1200 yard season and is still improving. Sadly I agree about Matt Ryan too, someone on here said he's more Matt Hassalback then Peyton Manning like people were assuming he'd be after his rookie year and that seems like it fits. He'll be solid like Hass has been, but not the elite player some were thinking. Roddy makes that team click.

Nicks needs more love. He's not far from being a top 10 WR in the league, right now consistency is the only thing people wanna see, not a flash in the pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You guys need to run more with Mathews (wth is up with that? feed him the rock!) and Floyd and Rivers are developing chemistry. I think they'll be fine.
Mathews is recovering from an ankle injury sustained against Jacksonville. He's being eased in again since Tolbert is the hot hand right now. But Mathews is the better back. He just has to make sure not to fumble the ball again like everyone else on this team has been doing.

You know the sad thing about all this is. I was right that we wouldn't miss McNeill and VJ this year. However, I would never have guessed that we would miss David Binn and Kassim Osgood this badly. Maybe, we'll get the latter back if Jacksonville decides to cut him after this season. We paid him more than good money to be a special team's ace, but he wanted to play receiver. Now he's a tight end with the Jaguars who gets thrown at once in a blue moon. Good times.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Lloyd is a product of the sytem, just like Brandon Marshall was.

Alphonso Smith has been lights out, guess all he needed was a change of scenery.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Brandon Lloyd is a product of the sytem, just like Brandon Marshall was.

Alphonso Smith has been lights out, guess all he needed was a change of scenery.
Brandon Marshall is not a product of any system, he's a complete beast.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're completely right about Roddy White. He's a definite top 5 receiver and I'd put him as high as 3. Other than Andre and Fitz when his team doesn't blow I can't think of anyone I would rather have.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote