Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about the resurgence of LDT?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm seriously curious. why do you think he's an offensive genius?
Well he has made Brandon Lloyd and Kyle Orten look good
Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Revis clearly isn't back from that hammy injury

-Favre's elbow is bothering him, he missed on several throws he easily makes in the past

-Moss isn't as fast as I thought he was. He's on his last leg

-Jared Allen has now been owned badly by both Jake Long and DBrick. He's had a mediocre season through 4 games.

-The entire Vikings dline is underperforming. Pat looks like he has little left in the tank and can only play 2 snaps in a row max. Allen hasn't been doing well. Kevin is still doing his thing though. Watch out for Fred Evans. I hope he leaves in FA so the Giants can pick him up.

-Trade Moss then trade for Branch? Wtf? I get trading Moss, you want to move on, but Branch? What does that accomplish?

-Vincent Jackson's only chance of playing now is Seattle.

-With GB's injuries and Minny's age showing, it's very possible that Chicago could win the division

-I would have never predicted LDT to turn his career around the way he did. It's unreal.

Im adding those thoughts in.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen hasn't been playing with his normal non stop motor.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is totally where i disagree with yfs. if you continuously call the same worthless draw play that works, at best, one out of every 60 times in the nfl (for any team), it's no longer about the players not making plays. it's about the coach not having any idea how to call plays.

*shrug*

we'll see at the end of the season.
Check out the 82 Skins America's Game. The one with Theisman, I believe that was 82 or 83.

Anyway, in a playoff game vs the Cowboys, they called a simple run play called 43 gut literally 10 plays in a row.

In another game I believe vs Minnesota, they called 43 gut and 52 gut the entire game. 2 plays.

Sometimes you just impose your will on guys. Every team has predictable plays especially in the run game bc the run game is simple, it's your guys imposing their will on their guys thats all it is. In fact, I'm going to make a new thread that Banning made in our Giants team discussion that I think you'll appreciate. Check it out.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this... I have to suspect LDT of using performance enhancing drugs, perhaps HGH. His burst is substantial, and the Jets OLine and such isn't THAT much better than the Chargers. There is no reason for it to happen naturally. I'm sure there is a spite factor and all, but it looks to me like LDT is back, but I can't give him full credit at this juncture.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'll say this... I have to suspect LDT of using performance enhancing drugs, perhaps HGH. His burst is substantial, and the Jets OLine and such isn't THAT much better than the Chargers. There is no reason for it to happen naturally. I'm sure there is a spite factor and all, but it looks to me like LDT is back, but I can't give him full credit at this juncture.
That's definitely an interesting point. Now he claims he got his burst back through training and losing weight, but he doesn't look any slimmer to me.

I hope that's not the case, but it would not surprise me. Ive had the same suspicions of Ray Lewis.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He lost a ton of weight this offseason and you can tell he looks considerably smaller than he did in SD. His last year there he was playing around 230, in training camp he checked in at 212. Not saying it's out of the question (because nothing is these days), but that probably has a lot to do with him getting his burst back.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unlike steroids, HGH doesn't help you build muscle mass so much as make you leaner and help you recover from injury quicker. I began to notice guys who'd been soft and pudgy for years showing up at training camp 20 pounds lighter and looking ripped. And then there were guys who usually ached all year long -- they had gimpy knees or bad shoulders -- who weren't showing any pain.
This is from NFL Player X, the Insider series on ESPN.com. I haven't looked directly at LDT's body, but the way he's playing, HGH is certainly possible.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We love watching men who all weigh substantially more than normal people do play football, and they are getting bigger and faster by the year. I would be shocked if any of them weren't on steroids. I don't care at all.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I never said I cared. I just said I suspected that he was on some sort of substance. His rebound cannot be explained based on training alone.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I honestly suspect at least half the league is on HGH or steroids. Thats why I never really cared all that much when guys get caught.

No one wants to bring up how Reggie White's death had suspicious symptoms of a steroid/hgh user.

And he was the "minister" so I wouldn't be shocked if anyone and everyone was on it.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure it could. He was oft-injured his last few years in San Diego. Thomas Jones saw a similar uptick in production when he went to the Jets, even though he was aging. Unless he was on HGH as well, which is a possibility I suppose.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

*cough* Ray Lewis *cough*
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the way the league looks right now, I'm not believing anyone isn't on some kind of drugs.

As for LDT, I don't know, the O-line of the chargers wasn't as good as it used to be in the past, teams tended to gameplan specifically against him, Rivers' role in the team was increasing at the same time. With the Jets, he's coming back from a low point, so nobody really was expecting him to do as well. Lost some weight, not an insane amount...

Like I said I'm one of those guys who would believe that pre-Jets LDT would have been on SOMETHING. I just think the situation is helping him more than you imagine.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Like seriously...if Vernon Gholston isn't a roider/HGH user, i don't know who is.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before we instantly jump to performance enhancers we should probably note that there are hundreds of other variables that have changed for Tomlinson this year from last year.

I'm not ruling it out (there are no facts here backing either side up) but he has changed his physique significantly as well as being surrounded by an entirely new cast of players (both his team and his opponents).

He also is one of the greatest running backs to ever play the game and if I had to put money on any current halfback to play good football past the age of 30, it would be him.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nat...-from-sta.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...U5c&refer=home

both links are a review from stanford and they say HGH doesnt help athletic performance and it actually increases joint aches.

I am sure LDT and Ray Lewis take something, but I think a lot of their success at their age is a un matched work ethic combined with genetic gifts.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
this. i don't see why, when a player does well as he gets older, it's instantly drugs. i'd hate to have seen what some of y'all would've said about rice.
Rice was dominant, then consistently good as he got old, then deteriorated.

The players we question are the ones who were great, then looked horribly washed up, then miraculously looked 10x more athletic the following year and faster and played like they were 24 again.

That doesn't happen naturally. If anything, you should look good again, but not dominant like you were still in your early 20s.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when did that happen to Ray Lewis?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not trying to take over the discussion here, and I wasn't necessarily looking to make this into a debate of who is on drugs vs not. I just noted that LDT lost a lot of weight and slimmed down, and that really rang true with the Player X article I read. If he is clean, good for him. If he isn't, I don't really care. Just thought that his resurgence (esp the burst and power I saw last night) was out of line with expectations.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
when did that happen to Ray Lewis?
I'd say 06-07. You saw him losing his edge. But the past 2 years, he's reinvented himself and is making plays he didn't make in 07.

His range seems to be better now than it was in 07.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I believe Player X said that. But stanford studies said that they actually saw players getting more aches and pain while on HGH then not being on it.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'd say 06-07. You saw him losing his edge. But the past 2 years, he's reinvented himself and is making plays he didn't make in 07.

I would have said in the 05 range. But then again getting Haloti Ngata probably helped a ton.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Didn't you know that Ray Lewis has never, ever had any dropoff whatsoever his entire career? Silly BBD.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote