Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Watch him go to the Jets.
I honestly would not be surprised one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Buy your Merriman Patriots jersey now...
I'm going to.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn to the Jets and Double R will resurrect his career.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a waiver order like with D. Thomas or is he able to go wherever he likes?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

effffffffinnnnnggggggg FINALLY

I am just so sick of Merriman drama. Drama drama drama. Too many goddamn headlines. Get out get out get out
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about a fall from the top. It is insane that he is only 26, he looks done but he was maybe the most dominant player in the league 4 or 5 years ago. He looked like he would be one of the best ever, but the juice and injuries said no.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been absolute trash since the injury. 2 sacks, 0 FF's, 0 Pass Deflections, he's just a body on the field living off of his name reputation. Nobody would want him if it wasn't for what he used to be.

I just can't believe he made such a fuss out of getting a contract though, like he did anything to deserve it.

AJ should have lowered his demands last year and he could of gotten a 5th for him and been done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Although I'm sure the steroids had some effect on him, I think these constant injuries have had more of an effect on his downfall. I believe that steroids can take your game to the next level (e.g. making a good player great, a mediocre player good, etc.) but they aren't the difference between being a below-average pass rusher and being the best one in the game. If he can get healthy, and that's a big "if," then I think he can still be an effective pass-rusher.

See, but don't the steroids have an effect on how his body is breaking down the way it is though? I think they go hand in hand. Juice long enough or on the wrong stuff and your body will start to break down alot faster. He did have the 1 major injury but little nagging injuries have caught up to him, and lingered seemingly alot longer then they should the past 2 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I guess that is "lights out" on his career...

yuckyuckyuckyuck
Oh come on, NOTHING????
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
He was never the same since Jeff Fisher, Kevin Mawae, and the Titans destroyed his leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c5J7kT4G2s
Lol, I really hope your kidding. That was not a dirty block whatsoever, Kevin didn't even see the runner get tackled and didn't even go for Merriman's legs. I can't believe some people actually believe that dumb-ass when he said Jeff put a hit on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Is there a waiver order like with D. Thomas or is he able to go wherever he likes?
wondering this too. surely hed be an upgrade over andre carter/lorenzo alexander in dc. hed be back home too.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
He was never the same since Jeff Fisher, Kevin Mawae, and the Titans destroyed his leg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c5J7kT4G2s
BAWWWWWWWWWWW!

Yeah, it was dirty on Mawae and (I believe) Stewart. But with the way he handled it, I have absolutely zero - ZERO - sympathy for the guy. He over-reacted and falsely accused Fisher of issuing a "Code Red" just because one of his teammates claimed he heard it, and then as soon as he's confronted about it by the media, he takes the whole thing back. Then, he idiotically tried to play the season with a tore up knee or whatever his leg injury was. Then by like Week 2, he goes, "Whoops, I'ma have surgery! Hope I didn't cause any more damage by being a dumbass and playing with a severly damaged leg. Hope everyone saying, 'This guy is risking his career,' are wrong. Hope Tila don't snitch. Herp derp derp." And including all of that, the dude got busted for steroids. He's a ******* juicer.

Injuries heal. They do. Merriman was a juicer who put off therapy for a severe injury which probably caused even more damage. Had none of that ever occurred, the Chargers fans have the right to point fingers. And it's the Chargers fans I sympathize with. Guys like CC who have to watch one of his team's best players spiral down the toilet bowl so quickly. But no, Merriman is a dumbass and I don't feel bad for him one bit.

Blame the Titans for the dirty hit. Blame them for the injury. But nearly 3 years after the fact, Merriman deserves a big lump of responsibility for where he's at. And don't blame Fisher. You got zilch on him. The only thing the coaches orchestrated was the decleater laid on him by Hartsock which was 100% legal.

And yes, I'll say it again, the hit was dirty and I hated that Mawae did that. I hated that Merriman was hurt. But after everything after the fact, it's getting tiring to hear people complain about the mean ole Titans ganging up on Merrimen. Stewart and Merriman were engaged, and Mawae comes running full speed and hits him high. Merriman falls down, and both Stewart and Mawae fall on top of him. It's not as if Stewart and Merriman were engaged, and Mawae came in and torpedoed his knee. The Titans hit guys away from the play. That's why they're labeled as the dirtiest team in the NFL. But it is my belief that they do that not with the intention of hurting people, but to set a tone of physicality where guys are always watching their backs. But I guarantee Mawae saw Merriman and locked on to the guy who just plays ago knocked his QB out of the game with a borderline late hit, then sacked Kerry Collins on the next play, and then did his "Lights Out" celebration over Collins. He wanted to send a message to Merriman, but no way do I think there was intent to hurt. Mawae would've dove at Merriman had there been. Unfortunately, Merriman fell awkwardly and was hurt. Blame the Titans for that, but lets stop the exaggurations and accusations.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-13-2010 at 03:01 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Shawne can get healthy, coming back to the to D.C. Metro area is a no-brainer.
He's only 26, and if he can approach 75% of the player he was early on in SD, it's a bargain.
The multiple minor injuries is problematic, but again, I'd love to give him an offseason to heal up and come back healthy in 2011.
He's too young not to think he can't recapture some of his All-pro form.

The only thing that bothers me about Merriman is that when you watched him play in SD, he appeared to be destroying OLineman with raw power and speed, hallmarks of PEDs. He was never a skilled pass rusher IMO, and was more from the Albert Haynesworth school of collapsing the pocket, i.e., brute strength and speed.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Oh come on, NOTHING????
*yawns* Oh, sorry, what?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look's like EA really won that trade. Lights out!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips knew how to get the most out of Merriman. I think he is salvageable. Plus, I always wanted to see Merriman play opposite of Ware. lol. I used to do that in Madden. hahaha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wade Phillips knew how to get the most out of Merriman. I think he is salvageable. Plus, I always wanted to see Merriman play opposite of Ware. lol. I used to do that in Madden. hahaha.
Haha at least you're honest. First let's see how long Wade can last, especially at the rate you guys are going.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Haha at least you're honest. First let's see how long Wade can last, especially at the rate you guys are going.
Ha ha. I'm just talking. We love Anthony Spencer, Victor Butler and Brandon Williams. We have no use for Merriman.

Plus, Wade is gone. I have no hope for this season already. Is that too honest too? lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best spot for him now would be a RE in a 4-3.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ha ha. I'm just talking. We love Anthony Spencer, Victor Butler and Brandon Williams. We have no use for Merriman.

Plus, Wade is gone. I have no hope for this season already. Is that too honest too? lol.
Haha yes'm. But your candor is refreshing! It would be a sick move in theory, assuming he can stay healthy AND be productive.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Watch him go to the Jets.
Please do. He sucks worse than ... We'll he's still better than Vernon Gholston.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[do not want image]

[/do not want image]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Lol, I really hope your kidding. That was not a dirty block whatsoever, Kevin didn't even see the runner get tackled and didn't even go for Merriman's legs. I can't believe some people actually believe that dumb-ass when he said Jeff put a hit on him.
I never had much issue with the hit. It's not like he dove at Merriman's knees. When Suh tried to rip Delhomme's head off in the preseason the response was "where were the Olineman??!!!" but the Titans Oline standing up for their QB is somehow wrong? Revisionist history b/c Merriman ended up having a crumpled knee despite nobody hitting it. w/e.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would pay to see lesnar vs a juiced up merriman in UFC...just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
There's a reason why many other teams consider the Titans the dirtiest team in the league. There's a reason why both players were fined for that hit.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
[do not want image]

[/do not want image]

I never had much issue with the hit. It's not like he dove at Merriman's knees. When Suh tried to rip Delhomme's head off in the preseason the response was "where were the Olineman??!!!" but the Titans Oline standing up for their QB is somehow wrong? Revisionist history b/c Merriman ended up having a crumpled knee despite nobody hitting it. w/e.
They stood up for a QB that essentially ran into Merriman and nearly knocked himself of the game because he wasn't paying attention. Merriman really should have laid him out if the Titans were going to be hurt over something like that.

And it wasn't revisionist history that that hit destroyed his knee. He tore his MCL because of that hit, and ended up playing the rest of the season to the AFC Championship game with it torn like that. I admit his mistake was waiting so long to get surgery after the season was over, which is one of the reasons AJ Smith was so upset with him. But it doesn't change the fact that it was the injury and not the lack of juicing that made him what he is today.

Last edited by Xenos : 10-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote