Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
What a loser.
Merriman or myself?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Merriman or myself?
Obviously Merriman. He can take his ****** ass to New York (Jets) or Baltimore if he wants, his career is DONE.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously Merriman. He can take his ****** ass to New York (Jets) or Baltimore if he wants, his career is DONE.
He is an asshole but at age 26 with alot of talent, if he can ever get healthy I can see his career getting close to back on track in a place like Baltimore or NY.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but how long is it going to take for him to get cut?

Take HGH get healthy.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol, you know him personally or something?? I think it being the end of his career certainly is the direction he is/has headed down... I dont think I have ever seen that much venom spew out of a post from you before... If he were to make a career comback, the jets are always looking to hire a new mercinary, he'd certainly be given the oppurtunity with those blitzing fools...
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Charger fans take

I remember when we first drafted him I didn't know much about him, I mean he played at Maryland and wasn't a huge name in CFB like some other Ends/PR's. To think a few years ago we though we had one of the best OLB's and were set, then to just watch his career get derailed. We all wanted him to do well once he came back from the injuries, but it never really happened. Thing is he actually took so much gameplanning from most other teams that is how Shaun Phillips and other were able to run free and make plays. That being said I think I speak for most SD Fans, we are tired of his antics so just get him the hell out of SD! He isn't worth anything anymore and is a shell of his former self. It kind of sucks because Larry English hasn't really made the transition smoothly yet (hopefully he can turn into an Anthony Spencer?) otherwise I think he would have been shipped off last year.

Who knows, the PEDS obviously took him from a good/great football player to an ELITE football player, but his injuries have made him below average. Big name living off his past work. Would be nice to see him turn it around and he is still very young. Highly doubt it happens however.
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with whoever said roids enhance what is already there. They don't make bad players elite players. Otherwise why doesn't every scrub that roided up turn into an elite player? There is talent that is already there. I think the combo of no more roids and playing for way too long on a torn MCL is what has made him ineffective.

At 26, if he can heal and go to a system that gives him opportunities (NYJ, Baltimore, KC, Miami, AZ) I think he can be a 10 sack per year guy again. It was really stupid of him to keep playing on a jacked up knee.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
He is an asshole but at age 26 with alot of talent, if he can ever get healthy I can see his career getting close to back on track in a place like Baltimore or NY.
You're undermining the severity of damage to his knee. I question whether he'll ever be able to regain his status as an every-down 3-4 OLB. After steroid/HGH use and injuries, he'll never amount to anything more than what Jason Taylor is now.

Double-digit sack totals? Forget about it.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Lol, you know him personally or something?? I think it being the end of his career certainly is the direction he is/has headed down... I dont think I have ever seen that much venom spew out of a post from you before... If he were to make a career comback, the jets are always looking to hire a new mercinary, he'd certainly be given the oppurtunity with those blitzing fools...
I'd probably give you the same objective opinion (it might not appear that way), whether he was an asshole or not. All you have to do is evaluate the circumstances, and it won't take you long to see that everything is working against him. I'd be uttlerly shocked to see him recoup any semblance of his old form. I don't have any sympathy for him - that's true. I'm not talking out of my ass, however.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were the Bills I would take a shot on this guy. They have to get lucky once in a while.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you guys, he's dogging it. His priorities are mixed up and he doesn't want to be in San Diego anymore. Calf injury? C'mon, that's a joke. A hamstring doesn't take 10 weeks to recover from either. Now watch the Jets sign him, just to screw with the Chargers even more.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was his knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Don't you mean 2006?
Possibly. I do know for a fact that in that infamous Titans game, he was outright dominant and unblockable. He was single-handedly raping the Titans pass-blocking. Not sure how he was playing entering that game, but of course he got the injury in that game and wasn't himself the rest of the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will give a young talented player a chance. I personally don't want him on the Ravens, but I wouldn't throw a fit if we got him. At this point he seems to be more of a distraction than what he actually bring on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I'm telling you guys, he's dogging it.
And u would know this how? I know he's getting on your nerves and pissing you off but you would have no clue whether he is dogging it or his body is breaking down. I mean, dude is in a contract season, how many times does a dude fake injuries in a contract season?

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he is laying done I just think he can't stay on the field for whatever reason, and when he is on the field he just isn't the player he once was.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Merriman goes to Dallas to reunite with Wade Phillips. Then follows Wade to whatever DC job he gets next year.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how all you think he's done... Now I'm not saying he will ever be the 17 sack guy he was four years ago, but you can't sit here and tell me that a team like the Bills can't use this guy. He's still 6 foot 4 and 270... and strong. He would help them with there run D off the bat.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Also if you want a team I think he could end up on.... the PATS.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Also if you want a team I think he could end up on.... the PATS.
I hope so. That would be an aggressive move. We're linked to him by Clayton, along with Denver.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2010/10/14...imans-services

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love how all you think he's done... Now I'm not saying he will ever be the 17 sack guy he was four years ago, but you can't sit here and tell me that a team like the Bills can't use this guy. He's still 6 foot 4 and 270... and strong. He would help them with there run D off the bat.
I will be the first to say some team will give him another shot and at his age I would not blame them but I don't think he will ever be any where close to the player he was.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I can tell you 32 teams couldn't use the same guy who has been on the field the last 2 years, it's not like he's just been solid, he's been trash, literally invisible.

Also, since when does being 270 and strong make you a good football player? I'm pretty certain you haven't seen him play one bit if you think he's going to go somewhere and instantly improve a run defense.

Not saying he shouldn't get a chance, but at least don't act like he's gonna go somewhere and instantly make anyone better. This isn't like Antonio Cromartie, this is a guy who has had tons of injuries, and getting caught juicing in his past, not like he has just been playing bad recently and that's it.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's probably been said, but I'd like Arizona to at least work him out. We could use an impact pass rusher in the worst way. Teams double down on Calais and Dockett because there is no threat of a Joey Porter or Clark Haggins. Hell, even a tight end was holding Porter in check at times during yesterdays game.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Actually I can tell you 32 teams couldn't use the same guy who has been on the field the last 2 years, it's not like he's just been solid, he's been trash, literally invisible.

Also, since when does being 270 and strong make you a good football player? I'm pretty certain you haven't seen him play one bit if you think he's going to go somewhere and instantly improve a run defense.

I'm sorry but a HEALTHY Merriman becomes the best LB the Bills would have. Who's better than him on that roster? Please tell me! Reggie Torbor? Aaron Maybin? Chris Kelsay? Paul Posluszny?

Also like I was saying before you can't tell be that he would not help with there run D... The fact that he could hold the edge and turn a toss or a sweep back inside would help them a lot.

He would become over night there biggest LB they have on the roster as well. Not saying size makes you a great football player but it helps with different D's... a la Vilma being a great 4/3 MIb but not a great 3/4 ILB.

If you look back at what I said... I don't think that he will ever be the player that he was, but that doesn't mean he still can't help a football team.

Also IMO he might have a case of I just need to get the F out of town.... LT comes to mind. When you hate your boss and you know your boss hates you its kind of hard to go to work right? Him leaving SD and getting healthy could be the best thing that happens to him.