Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were getting paid millions BigBanger, you wouldn't love helmet to helmet hits from people twice your size. You can say you like that now, but when you are a vegetable in the hospital because of a brain injury, you wouldn't being saying that, or probably anything else.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Banger, I agree with your whole post about football but dont bring politics into it.

Lets not get this locked, keep it to football.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If you were getting paid millions BigBanger, you wouldn't love helmet to helmet hits from people twice your size. You can say you like that now, but when you are a vegetable in the hospital because of a brain injury, you wouldn't being saying that, or probably anything else.
come on prock, you're better than this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its part of the game, do you see any player complaining? They know injuries come with playing football, it says it on the back of the helmet.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As someone who has recently had a severe concussion, I know the effects they have on you. Anything that can be done to lower them should be done. What is going on now is just putting a higher penalty on the current rules. I don't see what is wrong with it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Its part of the game, do you see any player complaining? They know injuries come with playing football, it says it on the back of the helmet.
Yeah, they aren't changing the rules, just reinforcing the current ones. What is wrong with that?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i cant say i really care too much about their safety, not sure they are worried about the average non athlete surviving on our day to day grind. they just so happen to get paid millions to entertain us, my entertainment is more important to me cause i dont really care about them. athletes come and go, thats part of the job, they are there to win and build a legacy and earn a check....i dont know why a few extra noticeable hits on last sunday caused such an uproar. the rules are ****** up, robinson could be facing the biggest punishment because jackson was the most hurt, yet his was the least intentional...thats no way to enforce the rule. it should be based on intent, not outcome.

these rules are ridiculous....big hits, the bone crushing kind where team mates get on the field and pray for them are a big crowd attractor, ok maybe not to that extent but big hits in general. i like seeing players get hurt, not severely injured, but i got hurt when i played and i hurt other people....i thought by now that was a pretty accepted concept in a physical sport like football. its like no one watches nascar for the left turns, they watch for the accidents. making defenders think twice about hitting the QB is one thing but any player in general is ridiculous. its like making racecar drivers follow traffic laws and slow down in order to prevent accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As someone who has recently had a severe concussion, I know the effects they have on you. Anything that can be done to lower them should be done. What is going on now is just putting a higher penalty on the current rules. I don't see what is wrong with it.
Watch sportcenter. Tons of players are speaking out against it including offensive guys. Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Scott Fujita, Tom Brady and many more. Hitting is part of the game and the players know it. You cant protect people who dont want to be protected.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They could do a lot more to prevent concussions on defenseless receivers by not implementing so many rules favoring the passing game.

Want to keep your receivers safe? Stop running them over the middle and having them catch hospital balls from quarterbacks.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I refuse to watch Sportscenter today, because Mark Schlereth made me want to punch a baby today.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, they aren't changing the rules, just reinforcing the current ones. What is wrong with that?
What player do you see complaining about getting hit? yes, they are changing the rules the jackson hit was clean and the cribbs hit was not helmet to helmet.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought schlereth was dead on lol

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I totally fail to see how someone listening to Schlereth would get angry at him. All of his points were super valid. None of it makes sense.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i cant say i really care too much about their safety, not sure they are worried about the average non athlete surviving on our day to day grind. they just so happen to get paid millions to entertain us, my entertainment is more important to me cause i dont really care about them. athletes come and go, thats part of the job, they are there to win and build a legacy and earn a check....i dont know why a few extra noticeable hits on last sunday caused such an uproar. the rules are ****** up, robinson could be facing the biggest punishment because jackson was the most hurt, yet his was the least intentional...thats no way to enforce the rule. it should be based on intent, not outcome.

these rules are ridiculous....big hits, the bone crushing kind where team mates get on the field and pray for them are a big crowd attractor, ok maybe not to that extent but big hits in general. i like seeing players get hurt, not severely injured, but i got hurt when i played and i hurt other people....i thought by now that was a pretty accepted concept in a physical sport like football. its like no one watches nascar for the left turns, they watch for the accidents. making defenders think twice about hitting the QB is one thing but any player in general is ridiculous. its like making racecar drivers follow traffic laws and slow down in order to prevent accidents
Nobody should care whether or not you or I care about player safety. The NFL should care about the safety of their employees though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

And they wouldn't have even been brought up if it didn't happen so much that week. But then you have hits like Merriweathers. If you wanna tell me he shouldn't be fined or suspended for that, then I won't even bother arguing with you. I just want someone to explain what is wrong with being fined and suspended for intentional breaking of the rules.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Yeah, I totally fail to see how someone listening to Schlereth would get angry at him. All of his points were super valid. None of it makes sense.
I didn't see it, I guess he wasn't happy with the league's new found worry?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

He defended helmet to helmet hits. 'Nough said.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Nobody should care whether or not you or I care about player safety. The NFL should care about the safety of their employees though.
The NFL wants a 18 game schedule, people won't get injuried in those 2 extra games?
Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
he absolutely didnt, he said the NFL markets these hits, the TVs go to replay to say WOW LISTEN TO THIS HIT!!

here it is

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5706315

also this is laughable

Quote:
League is selling photo of James Harrison's illegal hit
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2010 11:12 PM ET

The folks at KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh have uncovered an interesting angle regarding the hit that resulted in the imposition of a $75,000 fine against Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

The league currently is selling photos of the incident involving Harrison and Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, at anywhere from $15.95 to $249.95.

Sorry, but the NFL can't have it both ways. If the league wants to legislate dirty hits out of the game, the NFL should do nothing to profit from those dirty hits.

For now, the NFL is.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-illegal-hit/

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I didn't see it, I guess he wasn't happy with the league's new found worry?
It is already on youtube. It is great. He totally rips into the NFL. Brings up points about them selling it and also brings up points about how the want to fine and take the players money but won't give retired players money, when the actual damage comes from playing football, ya know, later in life.

And prock, if memory serves me correct, he said suspend the players when necessary at some point in his rant. So he didn't really defend helmet to helmet hits in the way that it should be punished. (see merriweather hit)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Helmet to helmet hits are an unavoidable consequence in playing football. Especially as the helmets and facemasks get bigger and more ridiculous every year.

Think about it. The difference between a body hit and a helmet hit is a couple of inches. Try controlling that while you and the other person are both moving at full speed.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Schlereth said the players should play two hand touch and see if the fans like it. I think they should try it...
Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i thought schlereth was dead on lol
The dude was dead on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm completely against this new legislation, but if it is going to happen. All i can hope is that it is not too over-dramatised...the Robinson hit was fine imo, the Harrison hit was illegal and should have been flagged, and the Merriweather hit was a plain cheap shot.

As the rules are, i think the sanctions should be...

- Unintentional "devastating hit"...no punishment (Robinson)
- Unintentional illegal hit...penalty flag (Harrison)
- Intentional illegal hit...penalty flag + fine (Merriweather)
- Repeated intentional illegal hits...fine + suspension

That would make all the sense in the world to me.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Sure, the problem is they ******* dont, they care about getting money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote