Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Wait, so you mean people were overreacting and making stupid assumptions this entire week? No way!
What are you talking about!?!
This whole day has been marred by horrible calls! It hardly looks like the NFL any more!

/sarcasm

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, so you mean people were overreacting and making stupid assumptions this entire week? No way!

holy media circus batman!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except no one was ever arguing about a runner. It was made clear that the same rules don't apply to a runner when dealing with helmet to helmet hits.

!!!!

So that link/interview didn't prove anything.....

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Message Deleted
Wrong Thread

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Except no one was ever arguing about a runner. It was made clear that the same rules don't apply to a runner when dealing with helmet to helmet hits.

!!!!

So that link/interview didn't prove anything.....
People were saying "How do you know whether or not they are gonna fine or not when there is helmet to helmet contact on plays"

That says if it is a runner it's okay, so yes it does prove something.

If anyone is actually against a wide receiver taking a speared helmet to the head while trying to catch a pass then they should get their head examined themselves.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also dont think people were arguing against calls but against suspensions after the game had taken place, that was a biggie for me. Today has been fine tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I also dont think people were arguing against calls but against suspensions after the game had taken place, that was a biggie for me. Today has been fine tho.
Why is that such a big deal?
Clearly flags and fines dont work.
Next step up is a suspension. It hasn't effected the game any. And I doubt it ever will as I am sure a suspension could always be appealed.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-24-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
People were saying "How do you know whether or not they are gonna fine or not when there is helmet to helmet contact on plays"

That says if it is a runner it's okay, so yes it does prove something.

If anyone is actually against a wide receiver taking a speared helmet to the head while trying to catch a pass then they should get their head examined themselves.
Yeah, but lets use some logic in this. Merriweather hit last weekend. Yes, suspension. The other 98% of the helmet to helmet hits? No. Suspension is too far because it is just part of the game.

Again, I really don't think anyone was afriad that helmet to helmet hits on runners was going to draw a suspension. But moreso, hits like Harrison's & Robinson's would. If that isn't the case and they just do suspension for cases like Merriweathers, then I really don't think anybody has a problem with it. Which I know has been stated by pretty much everyone involved in this thread.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So more scoring this week? Panzy hit by Bill's safety, on Heap.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one will remember this stuff at all in about three weeks, just watch.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
No one will remember this stuff at all in about three weeks, just watch.
Well come on now thats a given. Remember all the hubbub about Manning can't snap the ball fast enough, because the Ref is to slow. Also its going to slow down the game and there would be more holding calls.

What now?

After the first 2 weeks, I think the league was like hey take it easy on the holding calls your slowing down the game.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is no different than the horse collar controversy of '05.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This was the highest scoring week in a quarter century.

Just sayin'.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Just sayin'.
So Mission Accomplished NFL? All the big whigs poppin bottles in the ice, feeling fly like a G6.

Last edited by brat316 : 10-26-2010 at 12:19 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the first half the of the Cowboys-Giants game... that was it. Sounds like the NFL is happy and Drew Brees... what can be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:

Just sayin'.
Coincidence?

59 points by one team might just skew that a little.
I wonder how many of those high scores this week were set up by turn overs?
You had a bunch of RB's throw up crazy yards.
And the Browns D accounted for all of their points by scoring or setting up turnovers

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 10-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just sayin'.
I think the defenders are a bit tentative right now, but I expect it to go back down to earth later. Also the Raiders humiliating my Broncos, all the bad turnovers this week, and the Cowboys gave up 41 points by just refusing to tackle and the Giants were kinda just going through the motions by the end, letting the Cowboys get close. All of that contributed to the really high scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Maybe this is the defenses' way of protesting?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be funny as a protest, the whole league played two hand touch for a week.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but more of what we've been saying:

Josh from Baltimore, MD
I heard coach Del Rio during an interview on NFL radio earlier this week and a question was posed on how he is coaching his players since the new mandate on hits came out. He mentioned something interesting about the era when he played. Stopping hard hits was a responsibility of the QB to not hang his receiver out to dry, and on the receiver to know how to sit down in a zone rather than run through it. What are your thoughts on this?

Vic: He’s absolutely correct. The pass Colt McCoy threw that got his receiver wacked by James Harrison was absurd. A five-yard, wide receiver drag route into the face of Harrison? Are you kidding? The offensive coordinator should’ve been fined for calling it and McCoy should’ve been benched for throwing it.

http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9430
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Oh silly yfs, you must be high. WRs should be able to do anything they want. Stopping in a zone read would usually result in a catch and tackle. Running through the zone COULD result in a missed tackle and TD. Silly, high, yfs.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Top 100 Greatest NFL players, I can't help noticing that not a single one of the hits they showed of Ronnie Lott was leading with his head... everything was with his shoulder. Incredible, I know.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Watching the Top 100 Greatest NFL players, I can't help noticing that not a single one of the hits they showed of Ronnie Lott was leading with his head... everything was with his shoulder. Incredible, I know.
Did he hit them shoulder to helmet, or forearm to helmet? Was the WR defenseless?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i just watched the clip of Lott. Come on, Mayne. Players didn't need to worry about that, because they were to busy going all out, and tell me the number of forearms to head or partial clothes line tackles he had.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Sallo
Rookie

Sallo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It seems like we've seen a lot of concussion over the past years in the NFL. I think defenders can hit quarterbacks and receivers and rushers without using their head. I don't think this will hurt defenders and make them play scared. I'm all for keeping our players safe as long as it doesn't impede on the game.-Sallo, Health Insurance Advisor

Last edited by Sallo : 11-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote