Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How to save the season

I know its only one game but that game was an embarrassment. And it is not just one game in terms of run defense. We must be back to 32nd in the league now with yesterday's 200+ yd performance. We won't win another game this year with 200 yds given up and Raheem will lose his job. What needs to be done:

-Start McCoy at LDE on 1st and 2nd down and kick him inside on 3rd. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. This is what we did to start the season and it was affective. Our DEs cant rush for crap anyway, at least McCoy's size will help the run D. Price and Miller start at DT, Miller needs to relearn how to play football because he has been absolute dog $hit the past 2 weeks. McCoy at LDE will stunt his growth at UT but so what? Raheem needs to keep his job. McCoy can go back to learning UT next year when we draft a DE.

- Start Barber at FS. Ive said this since TJax was suspended. Grimm has made a few plays but hes also given up 2 demoralizing TDs at home. Speaking of that, Talib better not ask for a contract after his play. 3 ints are nice but 4 long TDs given up in 4 games is awful.

-Offense has to start faster. The offense cant put up points in the 1st quarter. You wanna know how the Rams beat the Chargers? They jumped all over them early on 17-0 and made the Chargers throw the ball. They were then able to rush the passer and not worry about the run game. Not only do we have to copy this but we also have to stop this type of attack against the Rams in 6 days.

Load the box and let the CBs earn their money. Next two QBs that we face are Bradford and Hall. Bradford's been great but he's not Drew Brees (yet). Rams have lost a ton of WRs to IR, we have to be able to single up on them. Cards have Fitz but Talib needs to step up against him if he wants an elite CB contract.

Thoughts?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I'll give it a shot.

Well first of all I find it hilarious that we are "saving" our season despite the fact that we are 3-2 which is amazing considering our season last year.

We have to start McCoy at UT 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. I don't care if we have crap defensive ends. He was drafted to be an interior pass rusher and we are wasting his talent.

I'd probably keep Barber at FS. We aren't going to win the superbowl so give Grimm some more playing time. He's had some bad moments, but he's done ok for a 7th rounder.

I agree with you over the offense though. We have to score points early and not play from behind. It'd help if we could run the ball though...

The problem with trying to fix the team is that we'd be trying to do something we aren't really capable of. We have a good team, but we don't have an offense capable of winning games by itself and our defence is not going to be able to stop teams consistently. We've got the building blocks in place and we have a bright future.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be saving our season because in the last three games we have given up 200, 160, 200 yds on the ground. If we keep that up, we wont win another game. Something has to be done to stop the run.

I also don't see the point of giving Grimm reps this year because we can do much better by replacing him in the draft. I want to try to win some games this year.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are well ahead of schedule rebuilding-wise. There is still work to be done. Especially with running the ball and stopping the run like MLR said. If they trade down some, swipe Greg Romeus (if healthy), go with any combination of strong safety and running back in the second and third round. Try and develop a small school pass rusher, then that gives them a lot more pieces in place. I think this year should be focusing on developing Price and McCoy as your defensive tackles, and developing the passing game with Freeman and Williams, while trying to win as many games as possible. Grimm can improve as he learns the NFL game more, but I think he's better off as a special teamer/ backup.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously a beefing up of the run defense is necessary. It is a work in progress which we can't really fix overnight. We're going to give up a lot of rushing yards this season, something which won't change in the near future at least. We just have to quit giving up 40+ yard TD's and big yard run gains. Surely that isn't tooooo much to ask the team.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm from the thinking that McCoy and Price should start and stay at UT and NT. With Miller subbing in. We drafted this guy to be the next Sapp... Right? You ever in your life see Sapp as a DE in Tampa when he played for us?

It shows a little bad coaching on Morris part. Ask yourself this, why did we draft these two Dt's? My answer is that they were two of the best interior pass rushers in the draft. Using quickness to make plays. So why do we put McCoy at DE? He can't get to the QB as a Dt right now!
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Here's what I would do -

* Simplify things for McCoy and Price. McCoy is playing 3 different positions throughout the game - he's not ready for that, c'mon... Let them loose, meaning worry more about getting in the backfield/QB then filling run gap responsibilities. McCoy's main goal should get in the backfield and hit the QB Disrupt the run game. Raheem has put to much on him to early imo..

*Give Blount the ball 20 plus times. I know the Oline sucks, but he is a bruiser and will eventually wear a Defense down. If not Blount then EG. If not EG then Lumpkin. LOL. Give Caddy some carries in the 4th qtr, he will be fresh and the D will be worn down.

*Playaction on first down more and have multiple screen plays/quick slants for Freeman to audible to if he see's the blitz on running plays. This might already be the case, but Freeman isn't doing it. Let him know he's got to get rid of the ball faster, common sense I know but he is either not listening or they are not coaching him up well enough.
Have more 4/5 WR sets on 3rd down, if you are going to blitz on every down we are going to make you play one on one and throw it short every play.

* I keep Ronde where he is. Keep Grimm where he is. I have a 3 man rotation at Strong Safety until one of them proves he should be the starter. Jone/Lynch/Sabby, in that order. I would even like to see Grimm at SS some, maybe move Sabby/M.Lewis to FS in those situations.

This might not be feasible, but that is what I would do.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff, Kenny.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
*Playaction on first down more and have multiple screen plays/quick slants for Freeman to audible to if he see's the blitz on running plays. This might already be the case, but Freeman isn't doing it. Let him know he's got to get rid of the ball faster, common sense I know but he is either not listening or they are not coaching him up well enough.
Have more 4/5 WR sets on 3rd down, if you are going to blitz on every down we are going to make you play one on one and throw it short every play.
This is not really important, but I would also like them to finally use a QB Sneak in short yardage situation. I mean, we have Josh freaking Freeman. Our chances of converting to a 1st down are way better with Freeman running on a sneak than giving Caddy the ball on a crappy HB Dive. Against the Saints, just before we scored our only TD, we were just inches short of the endzone on 2nd down. Instead of calling a sneak, we attempted a pathetic run that lost us 2 yards. Then, Olson called a QB draw out of the shoutgun on 3rd and 2. WTF was that Olson ? Just call a freaking QB Sneak.

Has Olson ever used a screen, a draw, a sneak or a toss ?
Bucs147 is online now   Reply With Quote