Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Best team in NFC?
Saints 18 22.50%
Falcons 12 15.00%
Eagles 8 10.00%
Giants 21 26.25%
Bears 2 2.50%
Redskins 3 3.75%
Packers 5 6.25%
Other 11 13.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Its kinda crazy that the redskins are getting no love at all
The problem with the Redskins is that the defense, despite giving up a small number of points so far, gives up METRIC F-TONS of yardage to EVERYONE. The Skins Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett is trying to do fancy stuff without the appropriate personnel.

And the offense, while greatly improved with McNabb and Torain running Shanahan's play-action system, is solid, I don't trust McNabb in clutch situations. As an longtime Eagles fan, I know exactly what he is and isn't capable of doing - he'll put up gaudy numbers when it doesn't matter, and then in pressure situations (like vs. the Colts in the 4th quarter on Sunday) he'll completely fold and overthrow guys, underthrow guys, etc.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The problem with the Redskins is that the defense, despite giving up a small number of points so far, gives up METRIC F-TONS of yardage to EVERYONE.
Which would matter if games counted on a yardboard. Since it's a scoreboard, though, let's use that stat.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The problem with the Redskins is that the defense, despite giving up a small number of points so far, gives up METRIC F-TONS of yardage to EVERYONE. The Skins Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett is trying to do fancy stuff without the appropriate personnel.

And the offense, while greatly improved with McNabb and Torain running Shanahan's play-action system, is solid, I don't trust McNabb in clutch situations. As an longtime Eagles fan, I know exactly what he is and isn't capable of doing - he'll put up gaudy numbers when it doesn't matter, and then in pressure situations (like vs. the Colts in the 4th quarter on Sunday) he'll completely fold and overthrow guys, underthrow guys, etc.
Ha, when the Redskins got the ball on the last drive with the opportunity to drive down and tie/score, I already knew in my head that the game was over and the Colts would win by three.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Which would matter if games counted on a yardboard. Since it's a scoreboard, though, let's use that stat.
It's still a good measure to see how well a team is playing and a can help to "predict" the future. If a team is giving up a lot of yards eventually it will catch up with them and you'll see that team lose more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Giants 1st. I think they are most complete on all sides of the ball. They've played the most impressive.

The Falcons are 4-2, having played the difficult half of their schedule with tough road games against Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Philadelphia. In the second half there are much easier games in store, more home games and a chance to sweep the Saints in the Georgia Dome. Our defense and QB are solid and our run game is top-3. I like the Falcons chances to lock up that #2 seed. It is funny how a bad game against Philadelphia changed everyone's tune about them so fast.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I voted Giants 1st. I think they are most complete on all sides of the ball. They've played the most impressive.

The Falcons are 4-2, having played the difficult half of their schedule with tough road games against Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Philadelphia. In the second half there are much easier games in store, more home games and a chance to sweep the Saints in the Georgia Dome. Our defense and QB are solid and our run game is top-3. I like the Falcons chances to lock up that #2 seed. It is funny how a bad game against Philadelphia changed everyone's tune about them so fast.

That could be because we don't have a solid QB or a top 3 run game like you suggest. And last week pointed out that our defense might not even be solid.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe they'll settle it on the field or something. Just being a road game doesn't account for a 14-point asswhooping and giving up 300+ yards to Kevin Kolb.
****. I guess they should just end the season now since the Eagles beat the Falcons in a regular season game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It changes week to week. If the Giants lose this week (and I'm betting they will,) then we will change our opinion. Can't say the Falcons are the best after the Eagles handled them, so I'm going with the Saints (who the Falcons beat). Still think the Falcons win the division and they are improving each week, but not #1 right now.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons almost lost a few to some bad teams, and had some miracles happen to get them out of it. Thats why I think people arent ready to say their number 1. I'll pick saints to win that division. For who the best is in the NFC, Saints or Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Giants, but it changes almost week to week. Saints would be my second pick.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
****. I guess they should just end the season now since the Eagles beat the Falcons in a regular season game.
No, they shouldn't. I just fail to see how anyone could rank the Falcons ahead of the Eagles less than a week after the Eagles destroyed them. I mean, that's just me. While we're at it, why don't we just rank Alabama ahead of South Carolina, Ohio State ahead of Wisconsin and Michigan ahead of Iowa?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about the Falcons is, they are a chip shot FG miss and a INT turned fumble away from being 2-4 instead of 4-2.

And the other 2 games, they barely beat the Browns and whooped up on a terrible Cardinals team.

I just don't know if they're good enough to sustain success. They don't look that good to me.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Giants are becoming overrated. Philly's 4-2 record is more impressive.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop picking the giants. We are better when everyone hates us. And lizard this is entirely different, last time we were coming off a very good seAson and were rolling and 5 and 0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And the Giants are becoming overrated. Philly's 4-2 record is more impressive.
Not really. It's a bunch of unimpressive victories, except for maybe Atlanta, depending on where you rate them.

They beat Detroit, Jacksonville, San Francisco and Atlanta. Detroit blows (sorry Brodeur :(), Jacksonville blows more and San Francisco probably blows the most.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, they shouldn't. I just fail to see how anyone could rank the Falcons ahead of the Eagles less than a week after the Eagles destroyed them. I mean, that's just me. While we're at it, why don't we just rank Alabama ahead of South Carolina, Ohio State ahead of Wisconsin and Michigan ahead of Iowa?
Is that a trick, trick question, or did I just miss the boat? It is kind of early in the day.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have some better victories than the Eagles in the Texans and Bears. We also beat 2 cupcakes in the Panthers and Lions. It's going to be very telling to see what we do on the road against the Cowboys who have their backs up against the wall big time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still feel like the Bears are going to sneak up on everyone at the end. With their defense and Cutler minimizing mistakes I think they are contenders in this weak field. I do worry though about Cutler's weapons stepping up and if Forte can actually contribute in the run game against a tough defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While we're at it, why don't we just rank Alabama ahead of South Carolina, Ohio State ahead of Wisconsin?
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Hello.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Is that a trick, trick question, or did I just miss the boat? It is kind of early in the day.
Quote:
I personally would say:
1) Falcons
2) Eagles
Quote:
Maybe they'll settle it on the field or something. Just being a road game doesn't account for a 14-point asswhooping and giving up 300+ yards to Kevin Kolb.
Quote:
Quote:
There's a recap for you.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I still feel like the Bears are going to sneak up on everyone at the end. With their defense and Cutler minimizing mistakes I think they are contenders in this weak field. I do worry though about Cutler's weapons stepping up and if Forte can actually contribute in the run game against a tough defense.
This is how I feel about Washington. I think their underrated right now, and McNabb isnt playing as bad as people will have you believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Guh, forgot that South Carolina pissed down their leg. They still destroyed 'Bama.

Quote:
10 Wisconsin 6-1 920
11 Ohio State 6-1 895
O HAI!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears defense is on a whole different level though. Sad thing though is that I donít really think itís the Skins personnel. We were top 5 in the NFL last year in total defense with the exact same personnel, this year we are dead last in the NFL. That doesnít just happen over night.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Guh, forgot that South Carolina pissed down their leg. They still destroyed 'Bama.

O HAI!
Move your eyes slightly to the left. Then down.

The reason why Titanhope asked what you were talking about, is when your example is only 33% correct, it's not a very good example.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The Bears defense is on a whole different level though. Sad thing though is that I donít really think itís the Skins personnel. We were top 5 in the NFL last year in total defense with the exact same personnel, this year we are dead last in the NFL. That doesnít just happen over night.
Our offensive line is horrid. It's the only major flaw on the team, but it's a huge one.