Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This season's terrible officiating.(not a rant)

This is a pretty good recap of the big blown calls this season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

I know there are several more this season that are not pictured their. But so many of these bad calls this season are of the game deciding variety. Whats even worse is a lot of these get reviewed, and they still blow the call.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This why the NFL should automate as much of this as possible. I don't give a **** about the "human element" of officiating or any of that BS.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion we should replace human refs with robot refs, and there should be a chip in the football, censor on the goal line. When the chip crosses the plain the ball will light up and start beeping.

/weird fantasy

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-25-2010 at 07:43 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
This why the NFL should automate as much of this as possible. I don't give a **** about the "human element" of officiating or any of that BS.
Agreed. "Human element" = "Human error."

Things I'd like to see:

-Buzzers on the officials that go off when the play clock hits 0.

-Any questionable play can be reviewed immediately by a replay official. No calling the ref over or anything stupid like that....the official in the booth sees the replay as soon as it is available, typically a few seconds after the play, and can decide if it deserves another look. If it does, he watches it again...sees different angles if need be, then sends the correct call down to the officials on the field. It would take under 30 seconds for even the most complex calls.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gene Steratore's crew is responsible for #1 and #2.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that the Dolphins got jibbed out of that game, but that's not the reason why they lost the game.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Things I'd like to see:

-Any questionable play can be reviewed immediately by a replay official. No calling the ref over or anything stupid like that....the official in the booth sees the replay as soon as it is available, typically a few seconds after the play, and can decide if it deserves another look. If it does, he watches it again...sees different angles if need be, then sends the correct call down to the officials on the field. It would take under 30 seconds for even the most complex calls.
For your first one, you'd have to change the rule. The rule isn't "clock hits 0=delay of game"

I do agree with censors on the goal line however...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
For your first one, you'd have to change the rule. The rule isn't "clock hits 0=delay of game"

I do agree with censors on the goal line however...
So you agree with the BS about the official needs to see it hit 0 and then see that the ball still isn't snapped or however it's written? So dumb.....When it hits 0, whistles should be blowing like crazy.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Things I'd like to see:

Eh, that's what college football does and it seems like every single game has a stretch where five or six plays in a row end up getting reviewed, completely killing the momentum of the game.

Bad calls have never been something that have bothered me. I've found, through both playing and coaching, that calls even out over the course of a season. Nobody ever remembers bad calls that go in your favor, or stuff you get away with that ends up a no-call. For every call that goes against my team, I notice five other things that they got away with. It happens in every game to every team.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers "PI" should be higher then 4.and Brandon Carr's "PI" should have been on this list as well
Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like this doesn't happen like every season though. The big thing is whatever this rule is when the player catches it in the endzone that happened to Megatron, stuff like that is unacceptable.

Another thing to think about is a lesser pass interference penalty, offenses are given too much, and it can decide games (ex. denver versus jets). If that can happen, why dont QB's just throw a bomb and hope for a P.I., its not football, thats not a way to win.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I agree that the Dolphins got jibbed out of that game, but that's not the reason why they lost the game.
That's a tough argument to make considering they would have kneeled down to win the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
That's a tough argument to make considering they would have kneeled down to win the game.
There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.
No, that call was definitely the reason they lost.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is all irrelevant.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, I thought they had no timeouts. Either way though, they get the ball at their 20, and at the absolute minimum force Pittsburgh to use either their 3 timeouts or wait till the two-minute warning after exhausting two timeouts. That's if they didn't get a first down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Oh, I thought they had no timeouts. Either way though, they get the ball at their 20, and at the absolute minimum force Pittsburgh to use either their 3 timeouts or wait till the two-minute warning after exhausting two timeouts. That's if they didn't get a first down.
Oh trust me, I know. All I am saying is that Miami had oppertunities to win this game before that play and failed to do so. Yes the Steelers got a call their way, but it shouldn't have even come to that.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Eh, that's what college football does and it seems like every single game has a stretch where five or six plays in a row end up getting reviewed, completely killing the momentum of the game.

Bad calls have never been something that have bothered me. I've found, through both playing and coaching, that calls even out over the course of a season. Nobody ever remembers bad calls that go in your favor, or stuff you get away with that ends up a no-call. For every call that goes against my team, I notice five other things that they got away with. It happens in every game to every team.
This is the Ketchmanite argument, and I hate it. sorry.

it happens equally =/= it is good

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

transcribed from game thread:

anyone else see the Pittsburgh non-TD they gave them today on ESPN? They showed it from a new angle & it was complete BJ for the Steelers as usual. No way was that a TD, ball came out on a green playing field, nowhere near the goal linethey said it was the "correct interpretation of a bad rule," what crap. The rule must be When in doubt, hand job for the Steelers.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dbl post lo siento.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-25-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why that Santonio call was so controversial. Hill facemasked him on the play, and Holmes STILL almost caught the ball...
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
This is the Ketchmanite argument, and I hate it. sorry.

it happens equally =/= it is good
But what would equal good? Officiating will never be completely perfect or fair.

Like I said, bad calls even out over the course of a season. People never notice or care about the ones that work in their favor. They only care when it works against them.

As the great shirpa Rasheed Wallance once said, "Ball don't lie."

I will admit, though, that the coaches challenge system is stupid and ineffective.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 10-25-2010 at 09:37 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure if the college style system of reviewing plays would be helpful, since the refs have been blowing those as well it seems.

(neg rep for starting this thread? really? And I didnt even mention the Shancoe TD)

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im not sure if the college style system of reviewing plays would be helpful, since the refs have been blowing those as well it seems.

(neg rep for starting this thread? really? And I didnt even mention the Shancoe TD)
Gen. Z should have positive rep for this thread, entirely appropriate. The rule changes & the Commissioner blow.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post

Lolz oh Packer fans.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote