Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this team. We are getting back to the way we played prior to 2007, a tough and balanced team. A lot of our young guys have really stepped up and we aren't trying to be just a high flying offense anymore like we were focused on being for the last few years. I forget who said it but it was a SWDC poster (I think BBD), Belichick was trying to be more like Bill Polian than Bill Belichick in 2007. This looks like the Patriot teams we were more used to seeing in the early part of the last decade, tough and balanced.

Some of these young guys have really been impressive or at least shown glimpses. Some young contributors who have stepped up this year-

McCourty (<3...I am eating crow on that one)
Spikes
Chung
Cunningham
Hernandez
Woodhead
Brace
Ninkovich
Green-Ellis
Deadrick
Pryor

We are looking good this year, but throw in all these picks we have this upcoming draft and we are going to be looking good for the future. Sometimes it is frustrating the way we let guys go and move so much with draft picks, but right now it looks like it is all making sense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be sick if they got Moss back next year. Although I doubt they will, since they got rid of him bc he's a nutjob.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be so happy if we got Moss back. Who knows what will happen next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/10/3...ess-conference

i think moss will be back. it was all he could do to not beg for belicheck to take him back.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss coming back would be hysterical. His situation has the feel of a bad decision that completely blew up in his face. If his less than stellar play continues all year then he very well could be back in NE next season. He's not earning a huge payout with his gator arms and greased up hands, so it's not entirely crazy to think he'd come back to the Pats for a reasonable price.

NE still needs serious improvement in 3rd down efficiency on D. Until they pull themselves out of the bottom of that particular barrel they'll have a tough go come playoff time. Stopping AP at the goal line (twice) was nice to see, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Moss is going to have to ask himself a simple question:

What do I love more, money, or the Patriots?

I think I know what his answer is going to be...
Old 11-01-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to say that only Bill Belichick could have the best record in football during a rebuilding year.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'd just like to say that only Bill Belichick could have the best record in football during a rebuilding year.
I have loooved the people bashing us since the preseason saying things like "why does everyone think BB is a good coach?" and "Pats arent making the playoffs without Randy Moss", or my favorite "The pats have no chance of getting to the superbowl and wont be any time soon". Is it bad I remember exactly who said all of those? haha

Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Well, Moss is going to have to ask himself a simple question:

What do I love more, money, or the Patriots?

I think I know what his answer is going to be...
Apparently we'll know the answer a whole lot sooner than we thought.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/10/3...ess-conference

i think moss will be back. it was all he could do to not beg for belicheck to take him back.
this is starting to look like a prophecy. moss is back in NE in the next 24 hours.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Please dont say such things, I'm already hyperventilating just trying to not get my hopes up.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

There's no way it happens. The media circus and all the conspiracy theory crap wouldn't be worth it, anyway. I'm too sexy to wear a tin foil hat again. I won't go back!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would it be a conspiracy that the Vikings were dumb enough to give up a 3rd pick only to release him after a month? Belichick doesn't have mind control over others, at least I think he doesn't.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Please dont say such things, I'm already hyperventilating just trying to not get my hopes up.
Dude, did you watch the presser? He must have said "man i just love them guys" or something to that effect at least 10 times then he called belicheck the bestest coach in the universe. It's absurd.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How would it be a conspiracy that the Vikings were dumb enough to give up a 3rd pick only to release him after a month? Belichick doesn't have mind control over others, at least I think he doesn't.
The only person who figured out his mind control was Peyton Manning after 2004. But seriously Elvis, this would make this team so much scarier come January. Let the media hype it all it wants, the team will stay focused on the task at hand;winning games. Our offense needs a boost because our defense has been playing very well, if we got back to dominating on O the D would get much better.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
this is starting to look like a prophecy. moss is back in NE in the next 24 hours.
Not impossible. Moss is due 6.4 million if someone claims him. that's a lot of money for a risky WR.

Once the waiver period expires, he can sign with whomever regardless of records.

Quote:
If Belichick could mind control GM/Owners/Coaches, Nnamdi Asomugha would be in patriot blue and not black and silver.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part about this is that if Moss comes back, he'll be so frakking humble again... Then they can get his ass on the phone with Logan Mankins to tell that dude what's up... So this could net the Pats a happy Moss and a happy Mankins! I don't see Moss wanting to play for any other team ever after what he just went through with the Vikings (which is a really good team - look at their losses...they're still one of the best in the NFL).

Kind of shows everyone the difference between a typical "good" franchise and teams like New England, Indy, and Pittsburgh (probably KC soon, too).
Old 11-01-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I'd give Moss a 1 year 15 million dollar deal if he could get Mankins to sign the long term deal he was offered.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Like that would stop the BB hate machine from firing up full force . . .

I'm not against him coming back to NE, I just don't think it's very likely. Way too many teams could use a guy like Moss to open things up underneath and catch the occasional "keep 'em honest" deep ball. It's a nice luxury to have.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Like that would stop the BB hate machine from firing up full force . . .

I'm not against him coming back to NE, I just don't think it's very likely. Way too many teams could use a guy like Moss to open things up underneath and catch the occasional "keep 'em honest" deep ball. It's a nice luxury to have.
How many of them will Moss play for and be willing to give Moss 6.5 million?

I agree someone who is currently a good team with a good QB and no real deep threat (Indy) might try it, but will Moss want to play for them and will that team want to pay him?

I wouldn't be shocked if Moss cleared waivers.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

You're insane if you think he'll clear.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I never thought Marvin Harrison wouldn't get a single offer to play that next season either.

I doubt he clears just because the Jets or Phins will probably claim him to block the Patriots from getting him at the very minimum.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Steelers, Chiefs, or Falcons trying to pick him up before he clears. The Chargers might, but that's a similar situation to what he had in Minnesota.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33/status/29401334504

Quote:
Note to Pats: Sign Moss just so "Pats trade Randy Moss to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick and Randy Moss" can run on ESPN's ticker.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess they're a little underrated at this point. For me, I already know that they are going to be superbowl contenders. They have BB and Brady. That is normally enough to win for them. They have been one of the top teams this past decade and are consistently good enough to win it all. The only reason I want to talk about other teams is because its something new to talk about.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see some team snag Moss so that NE can't have him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote