Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Surprise teams through 7 weeks of Football

Yes, there usually is a team or two that will surprise you, so I will analyze all 3 teams.

Kansas City Chiefs (4-2): This team has really proved me something ever since they hung tight in Indy. I think they are playoff contenders right now, as the rest of there division is way behind in the standings right now.

I really like how Matt Cassell has progressed. He was really looking like a FA Bust dating back to last year and the first few games of this young season. That Indy game, they could have won, but Bowe dropped some easy balls, including a TD. Cassell just needs to keep improving. The Running game is absolutely awesome! Jones and Charles are lethal, and McCluster is one heck of a playermaker as a flex WR/RB/KR/PR. Plus I read a stat saying the O-line has only surrendered 5 sacks all year. Great effort.

Defensively, I think things are finally clicking for the Chiefs. Glenn Dorsey is playing exceptionally well and Tamba Hali is living up to the 1st round status hype.

SEASON OUTLOOK: I think they hang in there and take the AFC WEST. I think the Chargers have fell behind too far.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-2): This was shocking to me even. This team is the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and is 4-2. Usually teams that are that young don't have a record above .500 through 6 games. The key to that: Josh Freeman. Kid has a knack for succeeding under pressure when down in the 4th qtr. As a whole, the Bucs are very young and talented, but inexperienced. Offensively, there is no running game. Blount broke out against the Rams, but we'll see if it continues. The o-line has killed in Penalties and struggles in protection (right side) and run game. The WRs core is talented and young. Mike Williams has been very good, but is still a rookie. Needs to cure some fumbling. Benn will come on and stroughter fits the slot role. Winslow is mr. 3rd down and convert. He seems to always be Freemans target on 3rd a long.

Defensively, the bucs DE's are awful. Gerald McCoy commands double teams and yet, the Bucs DE's can't get pressure in 1 on 1 matchups. Our 2 DT's are coming along nice, but in the Tampa 2, the LB's are supposed to fill gaps in run defense. Barrett Ruud is the MOST OVERRATED LB in the league, Makes 99% of his tackles by tackling the running back 5+ yds from los. Black is the Bucs only true player at linebacker. Hayes is solid, but seemed to take a step back from his play last year. Secondary, the Bucs have been excellent. For the fact that the D-Line can't get a pass rush, they've been doing well.

SEASON OUTLOOK: (7-9) They have been destroyed by super bowl contenders in Pittsburgh and New Orleans, and really showed there in experience in those games. They'll get better as the year goes on, but I can't see them in the playoffs right now.

St. Louis Rams (3-4): 1 player: Sam Bradford. It's amazing how he is a rookie who came from a spread offense in Oklahoma that is having success as a rookie. This kid is going to be great. The o-line has done a good job and of course, they have an elite RB in Steven Jackson. Honestly, I am surprised at how well this team is playing.

Defensively, Chris Long is finally living up to his draft status and is becoming a headache for RT's. The rest of the d-line is doing a nice job, as I thought the Rams were awful on defense coming into the 2010 season. Laurenitis is going to be a stud MLB for years to come. In the secondary, the Rams are doing a very nice job containing other teams passing game. I was impressed how they limited the Chargers, who have the top pass offense in the NFL.

Season Outlook: Toss up. They can finish anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. The NFC west is WIDE OPEN! Still not sold on Seattle, as they only play well at home. Arizona has no QB. I personally want the Rams to take the division, but honestly, I can't predict that the division at all.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman is a ************* boss. Top 10 quarterback in the NFL right now.

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. He's right on the cusp of greatness.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 10-25-2010 at 10:36 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Seattle.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Josh Freeman is a ************* boss. Top 10 quarterback in the NFL right now.

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. He's right on the cusp of greatness.
This.
I said at the beginning of the year, Tampa would go the way of Freeman. We all saw the potential last year, and now it's really clicking. Plus he has that ability to carry his team on his back. Kind of reminds me of Roethlisberger.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I wish.

They are a pretty weak 4-2. Wins are wins but think about it...

W: @CHI, SD, ARZ, SF
L: @ DEN, @STL

First of all, none of those teams are even really that good. Second of all, of the teams they've beaten - all of them are pretty much atrocious (even if the Chargers may turn it around later).

It's a weak 4-2, but a weak 9-7 could definitely win the division as we all know.

Their OL is pretty bad (Polumbus is now starting at LT with Okung aggravating his ankle injury) which makes the entire offense pretty sputtering - yards per play not good.

On D, they've been fantastic overall but the Broncos and Chargers lit them up through the air. Their run D is definitely for real though.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Josh Freeman, but the Bucs aren't finishing higher than third in the NFC South. If I was a Bucs fan, seeing what I've seen, I would be ecstatic that the team is over-performing right now. They are 4-2 despite being out-scored for the season.

The Chiefs may have the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Not only are they going to make the playoffs, but they will have a home playoff game.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I love Josh Freeman, but the Bucs aren't finishing higher than third in the NFC South. If I was a Bucs fan, seeing what I've seen, I would be ecstatic that the team is over-performing right now. They are 4-2 despite being out-scored for the season.

The Chiefs may have the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Not only are they going to make the playoffs, but they will have a home playoff game.
I sure hope so, cuz I'll be there!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just goes to show that good coaching helps teams. Romeo and Weiss have transformed that team.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs are also benefitting from good drafts via Pioli and those players finally being comfortable with the Chiefs systems and Haley's coaching style. Don't overlook Haley's development as a HC and the development of talent. This team has a lot of high draft picks on its roster. There is a lot of talent there. If all that talent came together along with the significant minds of Crennel and Weis, it's a recipe for success. This team believes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the job Crennel has done, but I hate Charlie Weis. His play-calling has been pretty bad. Doesn't anyone remember that New England's offense got better when he left?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weis as a teacher and an organizer is a very good coach. In the end, he has 3 Super Bowl rings as an OC and probably at least one other as an assistant with the Giants (can't say for sure). The track record is there from the past, and we'll see what he can do. The protection schemes so far this season look a lot better than last year. Haley is a pretty damn good offensive mind himself. I'm not sure who is making all of these play calls. Could be a hodge podge.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last few weeks our offense has been running on all levels. I can already see a difference in Cassel from last year. Weis is having an impact and it's the good kind.

Sometimes his actual playcalling is ******** though.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

What coach calls a perfect gameplan every week? These guys work tirelessly to try to find weaknesses and exploit them. It is a process. It's all a matter of results. End of the day, the results are there.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, I agree with you, and they have to find out what works for THIS team with THIS personnel so I'm okay with a bad call here and there. He has done a lot more good than harm, that's for sure.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread needs moar Josh 'Oh My Gosh' Freeman love.

:D

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love what the Chiefs have done this year. Weis may have failed at ND but that offensive line looks so much better this year and things are just working for them.

Defensively they are beasting. Crennell also may have failed on his own but he is a defensive guru. It's funny that some coaches can be so good as coordinators and then fail completely as HCs.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Love what the Chiefs have done this year. Weis may have failed at ND but that offensive line looks so much better this year and things are just working for them.

Defensively they are beasting. Crennell also may have failed on his own but he is a defensive guru. It's funny that some coaches can be so good as coordinators and then fail completely as HCs.
I think a lot of the time as a coordinator your job is to come up with gameplans and to draw up plays that suit your peronnel. As a HC you need to manage the whole team, evaluate personnel and generally make more decisions outside of just drawing up plays.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Barrett Ruud is the MOST OVERRATED LB in the league, Makes 99% of his tackles by tackling the running back 5+ yds from los.
You misspelled James Laurinaitis.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm absolutely amazed the 2nd year QB has thrown only 2 INTs this season, the team has a 5-1 record, and 90% of the fanbase still hates the OC.

So that's my surprise.

Also, despite the coaching I'm amazed the Cowboys have the record they have.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders have shown signs of rising from the grave around Halloween, especially thier offense. McFadden had his biggest day as a pro last Sunday running all over the Broncos.

Broncos being horrible kind of a surprise but the strong hint was there when Dumervil went on IR in preseason, he was their sparkplug on their DL.

Dallas & Minnesota have been surprising in the negative way, I think as bad as the Cowboys upper mgmt. & team performance has been they are trumped in awfulness by the Vikes b/c of the incredibly overrated Favre on & off the field. No one doubts now that his return to FB at age 41 was a stupid mistake driven by greed & ego.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Point out a better combination than F5 of physical skills + mental skills + youth.

IT CANT BE DONE

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The Chiefs are also benefitting from good drafts via Pioli and those players finally being comfortable with the Chiefs systems and Haley's coaching style. Don't overlook Haley's development as a HC and the development of talent. This team has a lot of high draft picks on its roster. There is a lot of talent there. If all that talent came together along with the significant minds of Crennel and Weis, it's a recipe for success. This team believes.
The coaching staff is also getting the best out of Herm Edward's drafted players, I wasn't a fan of his as a HC but the guy has an eye for talent.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That 08 draft has really laid the foundation for this team being where they are. A lot of people thought that draft was filled with busts, but the players are playing extremely good football right now.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Chiefs' 2008 Draft:

Glen Dorsey, DT (1st Round). Starting RDE.
Brandon Albert, OT (1st Round). Starting at LT
Brandon Flowers, CB (2nd Round). Starting CB
Jamaal Charles, RB (3rd Round). Splitting carries with Thomas Jones. Dynamic weapon.
DaJuan Morgan, S (4th Round). No longer on the roster.
William Franklin, WR (4th Round). No longer on the roster.
Brandon Carr, CB (5th Round). Starting CB.
Barry Richardson, OT (6th Round). Backup OLineman.
Kevin Robinson, WR (6th Round). No longer on the roster.
Brian Johnston, DE (7th Round). No longer on the roster.
Mike Merritt, TE (7th Round). No longer on the roster.

Getting 4 starters and 1 substantial contributor from 1 draft is impressive. Teams that excel have a tendency to do this by getting big time production from their draft picks. The Eagles 2002 draft included Lito Sheppard, Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, and Brian Westbrook. That core group helped that team win a ton of games.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That 08 draft has really laid the foundation for this team being where they are. A lot of people thought that draft was filled with busts, but the players are playing extremely good football right now.
I thought this was a great description of the situation in KC.

Quote:
Steve from Hudson, FL
Building a football team is like building a house. No one gets excited when you buy concrete and lumber; they just want to pick out paint and light fixtures. Let's let Gene and Jack do some building before we decide to get a new contractor.

Vic: Iíll tell you how else building a football team is like building a house: You do a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and there comes a point after the framing is done that it doesnít look like youíre making much progress, but it all comes together quickly at the end. The Chiefs are an example of that right now.
http://jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=9419
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote