Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
2nd round pick > 6 games (if you're lucky and he doesn't decide to come down with a "sore hamstring") of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't worked out with the team in like 9 months.
Fortunately, a 3rd round pick < 13 games of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't shown effort in 2 years.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
It was all about his Smith's ego, he had to show he's the boss.

The Pats traded Moss they as for a 3rd so they wouldn't lose him for nothing. In the Pats case they had him for the full season, where the Charges get him when their season is nearly sunk.
And in this case, it was the right thing to do. You have to set an example otherwise you have other players thinking they can pull the same stunt later down the line.

The Chargers can still get a third round comp the following year for VJ's services. And in the end, he might be more important to have this year than a draft pick.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Fortunately, a 3rd round pick < 13 games of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't shown effort in 2 years.
Losing Moss this year will hurt their Superbowl chances IMO. Without Moss, SD had no problems containing Brady and Welker for the most part.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know do you guys really think he made that big a difference for this team? I think it was moreso Marcus McNeil.

I mean, Malcolm Floyd took his spot and played very admirably until his hammy injury. Plus, Antonio Gates was just beasting it. The run game was, say the least, disappointing.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Son, I am disappoint.

This guy went exactly 2 plays with no targets before citing a calf strain and leaving the game.

This guy is just determined to look as absolutely stupid as possible. I don't even want to hear the 'sometimes guys get injured after being out for a while' excuse because he's been practicing with the team for a month.

This is a pretty clear case of a whiny player quitting on the team because he didn't get his way and it makes me a little nauseous.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Or he pulls a Mike Mckenzie and comes down with "hamstring tightness" for six weeks.
I'm clairvoyant.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
There is a really good chance he injures himself the moment he shows up.
Shocking. I don't think he's faking either, these guys just don't show up in game shape most of the time and it shows when they get hurt within the first few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we're kissing our rings, vjax can kiss aj smith's ass.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calf injury, what a coincidence.

I'm bummed out about Crayton being out now, he was a god-send. Hope he comes back soon.

The starting WR's should be Crayton and Floyd. Naanee sucks.

Chargers are definitely going to be in the WR market in the next draft, A.J has 5 picks in the top 3 rounds to play with. I think maybe 2 2nd's since Cromartie should meet the conditions of his trade.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jackson said that he "missed football more than you can imagine.
So he missed it more than we can imagine but not enough to want to play it?

It's funny, when I miss something that I can do if I want to then I would go and do it, so we are meant to feel sorry for this dimwit who didn't want to play enough to honour his contract...

People like him make me angry.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post

I'm bummed out about Crayton being out now, he was a god-send. Hope he comes back soon.

Chargers are definitely going to be in the WR market in the next draft, A.J has 5 picks in the top 3 rounds to play with. I think maybe 2 2nd's since Cromartie should meet the conditions of his trade.
Man now you have me all worked up about getting one of the top wideouts in this draft...with Garay dominating and even Clary performing well, WR really does become our #1 need except for perhaps safety or a linebacker.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post

Crayton is only 12 catches away from turning that pick into a 6th round pick, for some reason I don't think AJ Smith is gonna be in a hurry to rush him back to reach that total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Crayton is only 12 catches away from turning that pick into a 6th round pick, for some reason I don't think AJ Smith is gonna be in a hurry to rush him back to reach that total.
I would definitely rather have a receiver on the squad right now with some experience than worry about a traded 7th turning into a 6th.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Son, I am disappoint.

This guy went exactly 2 plays with no targets before citing a calf strain and leaving the game.

This guy is just determined to look as absolutely stupid as possible. I don't even want to hear the 'sometimes guys get injured after being out for a while' excuse because he's been practicing with the team for a month.

This is a pretty clear case of a whiny player quitting on the team because he didn't get his way and it makes me a little nauseous.
I totally agree, and I think it's pretty obvious.... what an asshole really.
I wish he would have had a crossing pattern on play 1, and met Bob Sanders head on... wait, someone else. Sanders is always hurt.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote