Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Britt's out probably 4-6 weeks yeah. But if Moss comes in motivated for his next contract and we make the playoffs, watch out.
He wasn't motivated for a contact with the previous two teams?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see. Apparently he really wanted to come here. He's coming to the number 2 scoring team in the league with the number one rated passer. ;)

It's probably just the hopeless homer in me, but he's not going to a team that's even a little bit dysfunctional and we all know the Vikings aren't exactly the most stable organization right now.

Plus, Fisher is probably a lot easier for Moss to respect than Chilly.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Britt's injury is just a hamstring unjury. It's been tight and bothering him all year, and finally pulled last week against the Chargers. He'll probably be out 4-6 weeks, and during December, our WR corps will probably be Randy Moss on one side, Britt on the other, with Nate Washington and Damian Williams inside.

I shouldn't have been that surprised they put in a claim. The need is obviously there. Moss was cut, so picking him up won't count against the Titans' compensatory pick gains. If he leaves at the end of the year, the Titans gets a comp. pick.

To me, the issue is how committed Fisher was to winning. Would he risk it and make this kind of move, or would he be conservative and sit on what he already had. He made the move, and as a fan, that's what pumps me up more.

I'm not expecting huge things, but at the least, Moss fits VY's throwing perfectly. Britt was a "throw it up and he'll come down with it" guy, and that helped VY a lot. Hopefully Moss can be that type of player. Not to mention, the threat of Moss will hopefully keep the defense from crowding the line to stop CJ (as long as Amano and Harris move forwards instead of backwards on running plays).

I'm apprehensive, but it seems there's more to like than there is to dislike on this. We'll see...

PS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
He's coming to the number 2 scoring team in the league with the number one rated passer. ;).
This. VY has the #1 QB rating in the NFL among those with 5+ starts (Vick and Roethlisberger are higher, but is fewer games).

He's been spectacular this year, and it seems the farther downfield he throws, the more accurate he is.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to see this combination. Is Vince healthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm interested to see this combination. Is Vince healthy?
They said he should be ready to go for the dolphins game. probably going to take it easy during the bye though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY tweaked his leg again against San Diego, but the Titans have their Bye this week so he'll have two full weeks to sit and heal. I think the projection is that he'll be back for the Miami game.

EDIT: Doughie beat meh!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the prospect of Kerry Collins to Randy Moss is just so much less thrilling....
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, the prospect of Kerry Collins to Randy Moss is just so much less thrilling....
Britt did have his coming out party with Collins, though. Not that I'm advocating for him.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are much worse starting QBs than Kerry Collins.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
There are much worse starting QBs than Kerry Collins.
kitna! kerry actually looked okay on that last drive, wasn't his fault the 4th down pass got dropped.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Chargers are starting Patrick Crayton and Seyi Ajirrotutu(who?) at WR right now, and if you want to guess who their 3rd WR is it's probably a guy who was out of work last season. Most notably they have Phillip Rivers at QB and still have a shot at winning the AFC West.

Why again didn't they want to make a claim? At worst case he opens up nearly everything for Gates who gets the teams best corner and double teamed. They made the most sense out of everyone and I don't get why not take the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kill me, please. Kill me.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Kill me, please. Kill me.
Maybe after you give me my jersey!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Collins to Randy Moss part 2
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Kerry Collins to Randy Moss part 2
only if Vy is injuried
Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY to CJ2K to Moss reverse! I'm calling it now!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
VY to CJ2K to Moss reverse! I'm calling it now!
I've heard rumors CJ can't throw a ball 20 yards. Watching him run trick plays as a rookie was hilarious.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So the Chargers are starting Patrick Crayton and Seyi Ajirrotutu(who?) at WR right now, and if you want to guess who their 3rd WR is it's probably a guy who was out of work last season. Most notably they have Phillip Rivers at QB and still have a shot at winning the AFC West.

Why again didn't they want to make a claim? At worst case he opens up nearly everything for Gates who gets the teams best corner and double teamed. They made the most sense out of everyone and I don't get why not take the chance.
Nothing about Moss is a perfect fit for AJ Smith. If they treated VJax the way they did, there's no way they'd ever consider bringing Moss along.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans fans, who benefits more from Moss going forward: Nate Washington or Damian Williams?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Titans fans, who benefits more from Moss going forward: Nate Washington or Damian Williams?
For the time Britt is out, probably Williams because he's the slot WR and he'll be playing underneath the coverage that Moss pulls. So he'll be getting the benefits of the Wes Welker-effect.

Nate Washington will be playing opposite Moss, so he'll be facing single coverage and has the talent to exploit that deep.

I'm not sure if this makes either of them viable fantasy WR's, if that's what you and others are wondering.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the frenzied day leading up to Randy MossĎ waiver claim by the Titans, the Miami Dolphins were mentioned perhaps more than any other team as a possible landing spot. Miami let him pass.

It turns out that the Dolphins were interested, but the feeling wasnít mutual. Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Dolphins ďput out feelersĒ to Mossí camp, but word came back that he wouldnít be enthusiastic about joining the team.

Itís unclear why Moss didnít want to play for the Dolphins, and surely were other reasons why Miami didnít claim him. Itís also worth considering that the Dolphins could be covering their tracks, spreading the word about Mossí lack of interest when they are taking heat at home for passing on him.

We canít kill the Dolphins for not claiming Moss, whatever the reason. But the front office deserves some blame for not finding a way to manufacture big plays. For a second straight year, the lack of a consistent deep threat has hurt the offense. Chad Pennington wonít fix that.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-south-beach/
Old 11-13-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
10Titans28
Rookie

10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.10Titans28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
For the time Britt is out, probably Williams because he's the slot WR and he'll be playing underneath the coverage that Moss pulls. So he'll be getting the benefits of the Wes Welker-effect.

Nate Washington will be playing opposite Moss, so he'll be facing single coverage and has the talent to exploit that deep.

I'm not sure if this makes either of them viable fantasy WR's, if that's what you and others are wondering.
it wont end up being damian playing the slot, its going to be justin gage cus thats what he's played earlier on. and nate washington wont necissarly be facing only one on one coverage. all the teams know how good he's been doing and moss isnt really known for giving the most effort so it wont be necissary to always double cover him.
10Titans28 is offline   Reply With Quote