Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-02-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just looking at the schedule I see 4 more wins but I can easily see this team quitting on Childress and completely tanking.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Wilf supports Childress now, along with some of the players. I guess moss' actions were "brash" in the locker room.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J Mike, I got your rep message, just posting back here to respond to your question since I have to spread it around.

Yes, I think 9-7 can win the division, but I see no way this team finishes above .500 at this point. There is just too much nonsense going around and team morale appears to be at an all-time low.

Let's say we fire Childress, Frazier takes over, Favre continues to play well like on Sunday, and our pass rush gets going. Sure, I could see us taking the division if all those things happen, but that appears extremely unlikely at this point. I'm guessing we'll finish 7-9, with our 4 losses coming to GB, NYG, @PHI, and one of the 2 Bears games (Peppers will destroy us at least once).
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media hammered Chilly today:

We've said it time and again -- pro football coaches lie when lying suits their interests. Every once in a while, a football coach gets caught in a lie.

On Wednesday, Vikings coach Brad Childress met with the media for the first time since cutting receiver Randy Moss, and Childress essentially admitted that he lied to them on Monday about Moss' status with the team.

Specifically, Childress met with the media on Monday at 12:30 p.m. CT, and he said nothing to suggest that Moss may be in trouble. Then, immediately after the press conference, Childress went to tell the team that Moss was out.

"As long as the right people are contacted in the right order, I think that's important," Childress said after being lectured (and we liked it) by one member of the media regarding the fact that he essentially lied to the fans. "Obviously it wouldn't have served a purpose to come out here and tell you guys and have you go run with it before the dominoes start to go down," Childress said.

Though it obviously was deceptive, Childress said, "It's not an attempt to deceive."

And it all easily could have been avoided. Move the meeting to before the press conference, or the press conference to after the meeting. But Childress, in our view, didn't want to face the music when the news was fresh. So he gladly lied to the media on Monday, and how he's hiding behind a chain-of-command-style excuse for not being honest.

Childress refused to get into any of the details regarding the decision to dump Moss, other than to say, "It didn't work out." The assembled reporters tried their best to get Childress to elaborate, with Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune at one point asking Childress how he was "duped, fooled, whatever" regarding Moss.

Childress was careful to point out the names of personnel decisions that have worked, explaining, "Some work out and some don't work out. And some end up being short term and some end up being long term.

So what didn't work out?

"I'm not gonna get into a lot of the particulars," Childress said. "I'm not gonna do that. It's done, it's other with. . . . It's a decision I had to make."

Childress said he didn't speak to Moss about the move, but that Childress made multiple phone calls and sent text messages in an effort to reach him. Eventually, V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman spoke with Moss.

At one point, Childress called it "a programmatic non-fit."

Plenty of fans likely believe that same term applies to Childress himself. And more and more fans in Minnesota soon could decide that the term also applies to the entire franchise.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth, i think it's pretty presumptuous for the media to think they are entitled to every information, all the time, no matter what the consequences...

Childess had to retain the information until he informed the team ownership and the players, then he talked to the media. If he had done the opposite, he would have been blasted for informing the players through the media... Either way, he can't win.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One other thing, it's pretty funny from Mike Florio to accuse someone of lying when all his web sites does, most of the time, is publishing "rumors" and "reports". Until, they are proven true, both the rumors and reports could be considered lies as well...
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

It's going to be interesting when the vikes return to Minny this weekend. I really hope that everyone is wearing "fire chilly" shirts and chants "fire chilly" the whole game.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://deadspin.com/5681041/the-10-w...-past-20-years

Pretty funny article.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
As an enthusiast of The Wire, I absolutely laughed my ass off at the Senator Clay Davis/Denny Green line. Absolutely classic. I just need to hear Denny say
"Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" now.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Childress, you ******* ******:

Quote:
How do you compensate for Moss' loss on the field?

BC: We've got Hank Baskett, who has been inactive. We'll elevate his turns and get him in the mix. He'll help us there and he'll help us on special teams.
Once again, Hank Baskett - the hero. Gonna save us from this dreaded season and make us forget all about Randy Moss. I wonder if this guy actually believes any of the ******** that comes out of his mouth...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

ESPN's Ed Werder reports #Vikings WR Randy Moss' placement on waivers was delayed so Zygi Wilf could weigh keeping Moss and firing Childress
18 minutes ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply.
http://twitter.com/#!/tompelissero

That seat Childress is on must feel like Venus.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
ESPN's Ed Werder reports #Vikings WR Randy Moss' placement on waivers was delayed so Zygi Wilf could weigh keeping Moss and firing Childress
18 minutes ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply.
http://twitter.com/#!/tompelissero

That seat Childress is on must feel like Venus.
Damn. That situation very nearly turned into best case scenario for me. I never thought myself to be this fan but at this point I wouldn't say I am cheering for losses but I am certainly not going to be too excited about wins.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the Titans are the team that claimed Moss, and they have a winning record, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that all the teams with an even or losing record passed on claiming the guy right?

And that's for free, no draft pick at all to be lost for it. None of those 15-18 teams even wanted him for free.

Does that make any of you feel better at all?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

No, because they reason a lot of them probably passed on him was because he pissed off enough people in a 4 week span to be kicked off 2 teams. If the Patriots had outright cut him and he hadn't been traded here there might have been a lot more interest in him.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its hard for me to judge how good or bad Toby Gerhart is. Our offensive line is so bad. Peterson basically gets every yard he gets, on his own. And if you put an average RB to run behind that line, they have no chance. And I hear "He's got to hit the hole faster". Um, what hole would that be? Thats no hole, you try running the ball behind Phil Loadholt back peddling on to you.

Now Im not totally sticking up for him either. I know even for a rookie there are things he could improve on. Im just gonna give him some time before I totally pass judgment.

We just miss Chester Taylor so bad since we suck so much on 3rd down. And Peterson cannot pass block.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hole or not, you can just tell he has absolutely no burst. There has been a few times I've seen him have a hole and he hits it at the speed I would imagine Pat Williams would hit it at.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Hole or not, you can just tell he has absolutely no burst. There has been a few times I've seen him have a hole and he hits it at the speed I would imagine Pat Williams would hit it at.
I would agree with this. I have not been impressed by Toby one bit, but I will also wait and give him more of a chance. I've just been getting really pissed at how many snaps he's been given recently.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

was watching the replay on NFL network today. Harvin is sex. Berrian and the defensive line finally woke up.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Like I said in the NFL forum thread, you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too down on Gerhart right now. First off, he's a rookie in the NFL playing behind a mediocre offensive line. If he is utilized correctly, he should be able to give the team 10 carries for 40-50 yards a game while being an excellent pass blocker. I realize he's not there yet, but he doesn't have the raw physical ability to wow you. He needs to be patient, get stronger and faster, and it will come. One thing that Childress has done in his time here is develop rookies. Gerhart is a great fit for our system, give the guy a break for now.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, he's a RB so I'm not too worried about judging him early. RB is the easiest position to make the transition to the NFL by far. I think we could have picked someone up in the later rounds that could give us exactly what you just described.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

also, was bevell calling the plays on sunday?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Meh, he's a RB so I'm not too worried about judging him early. RB is the easiest position to make the transition to the NFL by far. I think we could have picked someone up in the later rounds that could give us exactly what you just described.
I didn't see the need to trade up either, but we have him now. Take a look at the guys drafted after Gerhart. The only 2 similarly graded backs were Ben Tate and Monterrio Hardesty, and they didn't last long after Gerhart. Then, there was a huge drop off in RB's (depending on how you graded them, of course). Ben Tate would have been a good fit, but there were durability and pass blocking concerns. Was never a Hardesty fan. I think the Vikings basically chose between Tate, Hardesty, and Gerhart. Gerhart was the most familiar with the system and arguably the safest bet to at least be a goal line back. He's also the most marketable because he's white.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Heard about this earlier on ESPN Radio this evening, and saw the article on ESPN.com now:
Report: Vikings coach Brad Childress not player favorite

Some quotes from annonymous players and team sources:
Quote:
"We know that [Brad] Childress doesn't have our backs, so why should we have his?" one player told the newspaper. "We're playing for us, and we're winning despite him."

"He has absolutely no people skills," one team source said.

Six Vikings players told the Sun-Times they would like Childress to be fired but they won't give up on their teammates.

"We got too many good football players, and we won't lay down like Dallas," one player told the newspaper.

"As much as I hate Childress," another player told the Sun-Times, "I will keep playing."

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: