Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-11-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's safe to say he won't be back next year. Now it's really just a matter of when he gets fired, I think it will be closer to end the of the season. But you never know, some even crazier stuff could happen and he could get canned next week.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chuckled at the Dallas jab.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, someone at Direct TV screwed up. If only it were true :(

Old 11-11-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Williams reminds me of a late 80s/early 90s Miami Hurricane.

Quote:
It's safe to say after today's locker room access period that outspoken Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams isn't a big fan of unnamed sources.

Asked about the Chicago Sun-Times story in which reporter Sean Jensen, a former Vikings' beat writer, cited six unnamed Vikings as saying the players don't like coach Brad Childress and believe he should be fired, Williams went off, saying:

"I don't know. That's just all reports. Ain't no names. That's Sean Jensen. So that's what Sean Jensen do. He ain't going to give nobody no names. So I really don't pay no attention to that. That's all he-say, she-say stuff. He ain't going to put no names put out there, so I don't know if it' true or not. That's like somebody say I'm ***, but they don't have to tell me who said it. I don't know. But they're going to believe it. They going to believe it. If somebody starts that rumor, they're going to believe it. So that's how it is. That's all rumor. They not going to tell me who said it, so I don't know."

Williams also was asked about former Vikings running back Chester Taylor, who now plays for the Bears.

"I don't care about no Chester," he said. "He's not on our team, so I really don't care about him. if you aren't on the Vikings, I don't care about you. ... That's how I roll.

"Chester don't even start, so we don't worry about him right now. He ain't the starting running back. He's the backup, so we're going to try and put the other back out and put Chester in there. At the end of the day, we don't worry about Chester."

As for the Bears' struggling offensive line ...

"That's their problem. It' ain't our problem," Williams said. "So I'm glad we don't got their problems. We're just going to line up and keep making them have problems. That's our main goal."

As for whether he's talked to Taylor ...

"I don't talk to him. I don't call him to see how he's doing," Williams said. "He don't call me, so what would I call him for. He's gone. I ain't going to waste my breath calling him. That's a waste of time to call him. At the end of the day, I hope he's doing bad. He's probably thinking the same thing about me. If he ain't thinking that way, that's his bad. That's how I'm thinking on Sunday. That's how it is. I'm going to speak the truth. I ain't going to lie."

But there is one person Williams is OK with in Chicago: former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who is now the Bears' offensive line coach.

"I love Tice," Williams said. "I ain't got no problem with Tice. he was my head coach. There's no problem. Me and Tice are cool. ... I still love Tice. We're just trying to go in there and beat him, But he's a good offensive line coach."
Old 11-11-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat is such a boss. Too bad he sucks this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...2011 Vikings Head Coach: Mike Tice
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Pat, as a Vikings fan I miss the hell out of Chester Taylor. As a offensive whole, we miss the hell out of Chester Taylor. Think about that Sunday when Chester runs by you while he converts on big 3rd down for the Bears.

And yes Pat dont worry about their problems, we have plenty of our own. Like you, sucking ass this season. Or the fact there our vaulted D-line cant get any pressure at all this season. And, we are not near as stout agaisnt the run this year, And....
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So...2011 Vikings Head Coach: Mike Tice
As sorry as it is, he would be an improvement over Childress.

Tice would probably run the damn ball.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yellow submarined: NFL fines Vikings' Bernard Berrian $5,000 for fashion faux pas

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16575965

Quote:
The NFL has fined Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Bernard Berrian $5,000 for wearing yellow cleats Sunday, Berrian told the Pioneer Press.

Per NFL rules, Vikings players must wear black- or purple-colored cleats during games. Berrian said he will not wear his yellow cleats again during games.

Berrian had a productive game in those cleats with nine catches for 89 yards.
**** the NFL. Those cleats were ******* awesome. And he should keep wearing them if it makes him have as good a game as he did.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Yeah I gotta agree, those shoes went well with the all purples they were wearing.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5806520

And my interest in the season slowly begins to disappear...
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

It says he isn't considering firing Childress, hopefully that means that he's already decided be is going to do it.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things should really get juicy when the Vikes drop the home game to the Packers next week.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not that this pertains to us at all. But I kind of hope chilly gets fired. Cause the cowboys found success with garrett today, why couldn't we find success with Frazier?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
not that this pertains to us at all. But I kind of hope chilly gets fired. Cause the cowboys found success with garrett today, why couldn't we find success with Frazier?
Because Jason Garrett's an offensive genius..duh.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want to see Frazier as the next head coach so be honest if we stick with Chilldress and keep losing, all the better. Bring in a guy like Harbaugh or Fox, with a high draft pick and I could see next year being exciting.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Ehhhhhh giving up a pick for a coach? I'll pass on that. I would rather get a top 10 qb

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After this season you guys need to completely clean house of the current staff and that includes Leslie Frazier...granted the secondary isn't that deep or good, but he has done nothing to make up for the problems that the front four is having and that is exposing the secondary for what they are...he had success early on as coordinator but the defense's play has gone downhill quick...considering you guys will more than likely bring in a young QB, i think the idea of Jim Harbaugh is a great idea

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
After this season you guys need to completely clean house of the current staff and that includes Leslie Frazier...granted the secondary isn't that deep or good, but he has done nothing to make up for the problems that the front four is having and that is exposing the secondary for what they are...he had success early on as coordinator but the defense's play has gone downhill quick...considering you guys will more than likely bring in a young QB, i think the idea of Jim Harbaugh is a great idea
This. I could do away with the entire coaching staff.

Dream coach... Tony Dungy. Maybe he would be tempted to come back with some management power.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Give me Gruden and I'll be the happiest unicorn enthusiast this side of the Mississippi.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm keeping my sig until childress is fired.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm keeping my sig until childress is fired.
You'll like this one v_28!
In fact, I might SMELL a new sig or avatar from someone here soon.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...read10/Vikings

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I would be all for Frazier being gone too.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys rather turn to T-Jack next year, use a #1 pick on a Mallett or Locker or another athletic one in Cam Newton, or would you rather trade that #1 pick for Kevin Kolb?

Just curious what the sampling here is in Viking Country on those QBs.

Me personally, I'd bet more on Kolb than any of those rookies, and that includes Andrew Luck who will go before your pick. He could be another Trent Edwards or Joey Harrington.

Kolb has at least shown some good stuff at the NFL level already.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I would like to see Tavaris Jackson get some more snaps this year to see if the need is there for a QB. But if Chilly gets fired, I would imagine whichever coach comes in will want to move on with another QB. I would take Locker or Mallett. Especially with Rice and Harvin as deep threats.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.