Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-22-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Leslie Frazier to stay your head coach for awhile.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was made very happy by this news and I really hope Frazier proves me wrong because I do not see him as a coach who will ever bring us to the Superbowl.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Ok, name of the thread is switched. We bragged enough with the thread name, now it's time to take our beating.

Also, don't think we'll get a GM unless they pick up Dungy and keep Frazier or something. I think Wilf will use that card when he is searching for a new coach, somebody like Jon Gruden would probably want it.
I always thought Spielman was our GM... guess I was wrong. Can't really think of a good candidate right now, but I think Frazier will do a good job motivating our players for the moment.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman is Vice President of player personnel. A true GM would be the boss of the head coach and be below only the owner.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to see Dungy in that GM/President/Football Czar role. Hell, I may even be willing to let Parcells take that role for a couple - few years. We need a "football guy" in charge of this operation.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I expect Leslie Frazier to stay your head coach for awhile.
I doubt it..it hasn't been part of any solution this year but at least he has the players' respect so that's why he's given a chance but I don't see him doing enough to hold the position

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dungy already came out and said he wasn't interested so you can cross him off the list. Some radio host on Kfan said Zygi has already contacted Parcells but it's just a rumor at this point.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leslie will be retained as the Head Coach considering all the uncertainity due to the looming lockout. Not sure how good he will be but I am pretty sure he is going to be given a shot at being the guy.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was made very happy by this news and I really hope Frazier proves me wrong because I do not see him as a coach who will ever bring us to the Superbowl.
Well, he will just join the club....with every other coach the Vikings have had. BOOOOOOOOOOM!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Well, he will just join the club....with every other coach the Vikings have had. BOOOOOOOOOOM!
Hahaha saw that one coming. One day sir, one day. I really have gotten used to being perennially disappointed by the Vikes though.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Hahaha saw that one coming. One day sir, one day. I really have gotten used to being perennially disappointed by the Vikes though.
I kid only cuz I love. The Vikings will win a super bowl before I die....
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: *** photobucket.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.

Last edited by vikes_28 : 11-23-2010 at 07:42 PM.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Anthony Herrera is done for the year, so now we get Ryan Cook in there to help us get a higher pick.

Also in case anyone didn't see Fred Pagac(Linebacker coach) was named the new Defensive coordinator.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Why don't the put DeGeare in for Herrera? We already know Cook sucks and DeGeare had a strong training camp.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Why don't the put DeGeare in for Herrera? We already know Cook sucks and DeGeare had a strong training camp.
I agree fully. I want to get all those "Childress guys" off the team. Cook, Jackson, Lewis, Baskett, etc..
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Dungy already came out and said he wasn't interested so you can cross him off the list. Some radio host on Kfan said Zygi has already contacted Parcells but it's just a rumor at this point.
What do you guys think of Chucky?
I love the guy, but he's an asshole. But I like that in a coach.
Until the players quit on them.

Could Zygi Wilf make up for his "clumsily" delivered announcement of Leslie Frazier with a bigger announcement down the road? That might be the only way that Wilf, who despite the dire economy will push again for a new stadium in the next state legislative session, can sell hope for this team to the public. ... The most likely guy, if Wilf goes that route, would seem to be Jon Gruden, as coach. If Wilf were able to entice Gruden, who coached Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl championship, Gruden certainly would require control over personnel decisions. That way, Wilf could leave his current front office, for the most part, intact. Gruden's price tag could be $30 million over five years.

Minneapolis Star Tribune
Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz16G19BZRT
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gruden would be a good coach, but I don't want all the ****** QB's that he brings in. I want a QB who can be the face of the franchise for years to come.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I would love to get Gruden, he seems like a great fit. He runs a WCO and ran cover 2 in Tampa so it's a lateral move in terms of systems, although I'm sure his offense is infinitely more complex than Childress'. We have 2 great receivers, a great running back and a good tight end. All he would need to do is shore up the offense line and hand pick his QB. It seems like a great situation to come into if you're a veteran head coach that doesn't want to have to do a complete rebuild of a team.

Last edited by FuzzyGopher : 11-24-2010 at 11:54 PM.
FuzzyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm not so sure how i feel about Jake Locker anymore. I'm thinking trading up for Luck or taking the risk on Newton would be the best idea.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm not so sure how i feel about Jake Locker anymore. I'm thinking trading up for Luck or taking the risk on Newton would be the best idea.
Assuming Andrew Luck actually declares for the draft which is far from certain. Trading up for Luck is going to be extremely difficult to do if a QB Needy team ends up with the first pick. Especially considering the Vikes will probably end 6-10 or 7-9 and very well could be outside of the top 10.

As for Cam Newton I really like what I see when I watch, but I just can't get completely behind him as our pick. He still has 1 or 2(Likely) games left to play, but I really just don't think the team should be banking it's future on a guy who attempted about 250 passes all from a non-pro style offense.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

just out of sheer curiosity...can the vikings forum not have so many stickied threads? it's disappointing when me or someone else makes a thread and no one sees it.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
just out of sheer curiosity...can the vikings forum not have so many stickied threads? it's disappointing when me or someone else makes a thread and no one sees it.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done. Leaving the specific team discussions up so people don't create new threads.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else here think despite our 2 victories against pretty bad teams we are going to be hard pressed to finish 1-2 through our next 3 games? All those teams are playoff bound with tough defenses and we might be going into this stretch with T-Jack at the helm. I remember the last time Jackson face a Philly defense and the results were not pretty at all.
MNtoWA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I see us finishing out 1-3 with the one win against Detroit, and we could lose that game as well. The next 3 games are against legit playoff teams fighting for the lead in their respective divisions, we are going to get their A game.