Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw on ESPN this morning that Favre failed the concussion test and they are contemplating just letting him take the test again. Did something change?

I sort of question whether Favre would ever pass a concussion test at this point in his life. That guy's head has hit Lambeau field, helmets, shoulders, grass, dirt, turf, thousands of times mostly in the pre concussion era where he almost certainly played with dozens of them. Not to mention he isn't that bright, compared to a highly intelligent QB I would bet that puts him at a disadvantage. The past couple of years make you wonder if he's gone a little loony as well.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the same, Id just like to see what Joe Webb can do for another game.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that as well. Apparently he has to pass it before saturday to be able to play.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I saw on ESPN this morning that Favre failed the concussion test and they are contemplating just letting him take the test again. Did something change?

I sort of question whether Favre would ever pass a concussion test at this point in his life. That guy's head has hit Lambeau field, helmets, shoulders, grass, dirt, turf, thousands of times mostly in the pre concussion era where he almost certainly played with dozens of them. Not to mention he isn't that bright, compared to a highly intelligent QB I would bet that puts him at a disadvantage. The past couple of years make you wonder if he's gone a little loony as well.
The concussion test is a 20-30 minute test that scores you on remembering, recognizing patterns, reaction time, etc and the scores are compared to your baseline score that you got at the beginning of the year so it doesn't matter how many times his head has been hit in the past. It is compared to how he scored at the beginning of the year. I know, I took it about 6 times this year lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have much to say right now, but I will say that I will be extremely upset if we don't reward Chad Greenway. He's quietly become one of the best linebackers in the league.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I don't have much to say right now, but I will say that I will be extremely upset if we don't reward Chad Greenway. He's quietly become one of the best linebackers in the league.
If Frazier is our head coach next year and Im 99% certain he will be, We'll get Greenway locked up.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I am okay with Frazier becoming our next head coach.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to Frazier as HC. I just wish Zygi would get some sort of outside advice and exercise some due diligence. He seems to fall in love with an idea and rush into decisions, see Childress as a prime example of this, he was the only candidate interviewed and he was given an extension prematurely.

I also hope we get away from running so much cover 2, I want to see an attacking defense that can force turnovers.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frazier, Vikings met for more than five hours on Friday

Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2011, 7:07 PM EST

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune recently reported that the Vikings and interim coach Leslie Frazier have been involved in “serious discussions” aimed at making him the non-interim coach.

A league source tells us that the discussions entailed meetings that consumed more than five hours on Friday.

Time is of the essence for the Vikings, given that once their season ends on Sunday other teams may come calling for Frazier. (It would be more than a little naive to think that teams that may be interested in Frazier haven’t made their interest known to Frazier’s agent.)

Because Frazier is a minority candidate, the Vikings can make him the permanent coach without conducting any further interviews. And by all appearances the Vikings will make him the permanent coach.

It would make sense to make the move as soon as possible after the regular-season finale. Five years ago, the team made it known immediately after a Week 17 win over the Bears that coach Mike Tice wouldn’t be returning.

The next question will be whether Frazier retains offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, who employs the West Coast offense. And if Bevell stays, it will be impossible to rule out another “this is my last year, and I mean it this time” return from Brett Favre, especially if a lockout wipes out the offseason program and/or training camp.

i am fine with it, i guess, but i really would have liked to see them bring in bill cowher, at least for an interview.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I'm warming up to Frazier as HC. I just wish Zygi would get some sort of outside advice and exercise some due diligence. He seems to fall in love with an idea and rush into decisions, see Childress as a prime example of this, he was the only candidate interviewed and he was given an extension prematurely.

I also hope we get away from running so much cover 2, I want to see an attacking defense that can force turnovers.
If we could get the defense that faced the Iggles to get on the field for EVERY game we would be set.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gs-head-coach/

Mehhhhhh. I'm thinking Tony Dungy called up Zygi and has something to do with this. At least we got rid of Chilly and Jackson.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981510

I am torn on Frazier becoming our HC permanently. Part of me thinks he deserves a shot to be the HC for a full year as I think the players like him and truly want to play well for him. However, I too can't take much more of this cover-2 B.S. We are constantly getting killed by crossing routes, TE's, and RB's who just go into the void between our D-line and dropping LB's. As much as I like Greenway and Henderson they are a mismatch in coverage on most TE's and RB's. Then you add our god-awful safeties on top of the cover-2 shell and it is a recipe for disaster. I hope he either retains the current interim D-coordinator (can't think of his name off the top of my head) or brings in a new D-coordinator who uses less cover-2 and more pressure blitzes.
MNtoWA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gs-head-coach/

Mehhhhhh. I'm thinking Tony Dungy called up Zygi and has something to do with this. At least we got rid of Chilly and Jackson.
Sorry FuzzyGopher. Didn't see you already posted a link. I am sure Dungy put in a good word for his disciple. Now I wonder what Frazier does with the coaching staff. I am sure he retains most of the defensive assistants, unless they move on to other locations or coaching gigs. I really want to see a shake-up on offense. I think we need to bring in a coordinator who expects less from the QB and relies more on the running game.

As we saw last year Chilly and Bevel's offense was so predicated on having a gunslinger QB like Favre. When Favre wasn't playing well this year and the previous years we we didn't have Favre the offense struggled. I think we need to find an offensive coordinator who realizes he has the best RB in football, a big offensive line that should be used to maul people in the running game (not be asked to pass protect 75% of the time), and some good WR's who can supplement the running attack.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

He should bring in a new offensive coordinator and let him do his thing. Frazier needs to put his focus on the defense and get back to his roots. I've been looking at his resume and he played for the '85 Bears, coached under Jim Johnson and Marvin Lewis. All of those guys/teams run aggressive in your face pressure defenses. When you look at that it's a bit confusing as to why he runs so much cover 2 in Minnesota. Maybe it was Childress' call? I hope that's the case and he spends the off season implementing a more attacking defense.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

^Agree 100%. He has been using more zone blitzes lately, and while we get burned on them sometimes, they are a refreshing changes to the cover-2 shell. The cover-2 defense is perfect for when you are a team playing with a lead all the time, which is why it worked well in Indy and with the Vikings last year. However, we are not going to be as potent an offensive team for these next few years, so we also need to change on defense. I want to see the Vikings start to resemble the Baltimore Ravens. Run the ball effectively on offense and then hit teams with the play-action pass when they sneak-up to defend the run. Back-up the offense with an aggressive defense that gambles a bit on blitzes and tries to cause turn-overs.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Here is a cool site where you can track where we will be picking in the draft. Right now we have a 45% chance of picking 12th.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html
Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, here's to the number 12 spot and prayer that one of the top 3 qb's fall to us
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
well, here's to the number 12 spot and prayer that one of the top 3 qb's fall to us
If Seattle loses then we pick 13th, if Seattle wins then we'll pick 12th.

I'll write more up in the draft thread next week sometime, but for now I'll keep it short. If one of the top 3 QBs(Luck won't be, but Locker and Mallett are possible) are available, then I want us to take one of them, if not then I say take BPA pretty much.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I just dont see one of the top tier QBs in this draft falling to us at 12 or 13. Even if Luck comes out(which I dont think he will). With Carloina, Arizona, SF and probably Seattle all picking ahead of us, I just dont see one falling to us.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I just dont see one of the top tier QBs in this draft falling to us at 12 or 13. Even if Luck comes out(which I dont think he will). With Carloina, Arizona, SF and probably Seattle all picking ahead of us, I just dont see one falling to us.
I can see one falling. Crazy stuff happens and there is still a long way to go until the draft. No one thought Clausen would go in the 2nd, Quinn would fall, Rodgers would fall to the 20s. If I had to guess I would say that Mallett and Locker are the guys with the most potential to fall to us.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see one falling. Crazy stuff happens and there is still a long way to go until the draft. No one thought Clausen would go in the 2nd, Quinn would fall, Rodgers would fall to the 20s. If I had to guess I would say that Mallett and Locker are the guys with the most potential to fall to us.
I think there's a much greater chance for one of these to fall than there was for Quinn or Rodgers. Obviously the fact there are more of them is a reason right there, but even if it was just Luck and one of Mallet/Locker I'd still think that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised (and kind of expect) to see both of those available at 12.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh? The Vikings? Who are they?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
A High School football team from Minnesota, a state located in the Midwestern United States.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We're the team to your west with a realistic level headed fan base. Not that a Packers fan would be able to recognize one of those.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But we had injuriezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote