Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Huh? The Vikings? Who are they?
A college football team from south dakota

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank You Seattle for winning and going to the playoffs and moving us down from 13 to 12 in the Draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Thank You Seattle for winning and going to the playoffs and moving us down from 13 to 12 in the Draft.
haha, I just posted something similar into JBond's updated order thread.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I kind of wanted the Rams to win with Bradford. But whatever i'm over it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
haha, I just posted something similar into JBond's updated order thread.
yep and i just posted it in the week 17 discussion thread too lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even bigger than us moving up one slot is that it moves quarterback needy Seattle way behind us.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we're going to try getting any kind of General Manager. Usually when a GM is brought in, he likes to find his own coach and personnel
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I guess Frazier is now the HC.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was unaware that we signed Rhett Bomar to a 3 year contract.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I wonder if we're going to try getting any kind of General Manager. Usually when a GM is brought in, he likes to find his own coach and personnel
It really doesn't look like we're gonna hire a GM or "football guru or czar": http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Wilfs_No_changes_to_Vikings_power_structure_follow ing_Frazier_hire010311

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 01-04-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
It really doesn't look like we're gonna hire a GM or "football guru or czar": http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Wilfs_No_changes_to_Vikings_power_structure_follow ing_Frazier_hire010311
Doesn't seem conventional but I think it can work with the right people. We basically took what a GM would do and divided it up among several people. Spielman seems to do a good job with the draft, Bryz is amazing with the cap, and now Frazier will be in charge of the roster.

Frazier said he wants to become a power run team which is what many of us on here have been saying we should be doing for a while now. If we could get rid of Bevell I would be more happy with the signing of Frazier. If we focus on pounding the ball with Peterson and Gerhart, toss is a little play action and revamp the secondary I think it would be a good start to rebuilding this team.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if any of you noticed this but yesterday Leslie Frazier fired Kevin Rogers(QB Coach), and Pat Morris/Jim Heuber(O-line Coaches). He still hasn't decided if he wants to keep Darrell Bevell, or switch to a different offensive system.

http://min.scout.com/2/1037421.html

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 01-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McDaniels coming in to interview for offensive coordinator job.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how much I like that, I think he would make a very good OC for us. However I would rather not fire Bevell for a guy who could very well bolt for another HC job next year.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Leslie Fraizer isn't wasting any time...

John Clayton is reporting that Mike Singeltary will interview to be the LB coach.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Id be happy with both of them on board. Although during the season I thought they were douchbags. lol

McDaniels could be great for a young developing QB, and Singletary has proven to be a good defensive coach. And while I wouldnt be totally opposed to having Orton on the team, I think a 2nd round pick is a little steep for him.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Id be happy with both of them on board. Although during the season I thought they were douchbags. lol

McDaniels could be great for a young developing QB, and Singletary has proven to be a good defensive coordinator. And while I wouldnt be totally opposed to having Orton on the team, I think a 2nd round pick is a little steep for him.
Yeah no way in hell I would want to give up our 2nd round pick for Orton. I think a 4th and another late pick(maybe a conditional pick next year instead) would suffice.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Isn't McDaniels known for abandoning the run? I've seen people ***** about his play calling on these forums a bunch. Anyone that can make Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd look like Hall of Famers definitely intrigues me though.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Isn't McDaniels known for abandoning the run? I've seen people ***** about his play calling on these forums a bunch. Anyone that can make Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd look like Hall of Famers definitely intrigues me though.
I thought that was one of his knocks, but I am not sure. Although if even if true, he hasn't had a RB anywhere near as good as AD to work with.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Frazier already said he wants to have a power running game style of offense. So with McD we would run a power running type um...spread offense? lol
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JuddZulgad: Josh McDaniels is expected to meet with Vikings about offensive coordinator's job on Friday

I love that move him and Leslie! Just need a guy to run the QB
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
McDaniels abandoned the run in Denver because he had no choice. Rookie center, effectively a rookie a LG, and two Tackles coming off major leg injuries meant that the power part of the run game didnt exist. Add to that Moreno isnt very good and was the best back Denver had (on the odd occasions he was healthy). He often stated in press conferences in the early part of the season that he had felt he had no choice but to abandon it.

BTW - got to go to TCF Bank for the game against the Bears last month while at my in-laws. The Vikes have rapidly become my second fave team (despite me having now been to 4 games all which they have lost). Shame if yall lose the team because I like having games to go too in Dec when I am up there.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I thought that was one of his knocks, but I am not sure. Although if even if true, he hasn't had a RB anywhere near as good as AD to work with.
Yea, that's what I was going to say. In his time at New England he had Mauroney and in Denver he had Moreno and Buckhalter and Mauroney too.

I'm glad to see that we're going after some of these big time guys for assistants rather than just settling with what we had.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, that's what I was going to say. In his time at New England he had Mauroney and in Denver he had Moreno and Buckhalter and Mauroney too.
They were running a lot at the start of last season when the OL and RBs were healthy. Then Moreno and Buckhalter got hurt and they never really got back to it. That was during the hot start, I remember both backs putting up big numbers.

I like the idea, he clearly has done a good job with his QBs with both teams and we have the weapons with Rice and Harvin in particular as well as AD of course.

I don't mind the Frazier hire but I hope he puts together a great staff, which McDaniels would be a really nice start.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Kevin Williams has been added to the pro bowl roster

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 01-07-2011 at 01:00 PM.