Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame Paul Tagliabue for this whole mess, he threw together a ****** deal at the 11th hour and rode off into the sunset. Everyone knew when that thing was finalized that the owners would void it when the option became available after three years or whatever.

I'm pretty indifferent on who is right and who is wrong in terms of the players and owners. I don't give a **** what terms they come to, I just want my football damnit! It sucks not having the big free agency drama and trade speculation right now :(
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Twitter:

RT @chipscoggins DE Brian Robison signed 3-yr deal worth $14.1 million and $6.5 million signing bonus.

I was hoping we would bring him back, so Im good with this move.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whiffed on Atogwe and Sanders..sick.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really glad to see us sign Robison. Definitely makes DE much less of a need. I would be fine with Robison starting at LE, but we could at least use some depth and if someone great falls to us I wouldn't mind taking them, although we have plenty of big needs.

Would have been nice to sign Sanders or Atogwe, but I definitely didn't expect it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallery wants out of Oakland. What do you guys think of him as a Herrera upgrade?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: Vikings considered Orton, think Webb is “nowhere close”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 6, 2011, 9:56 AM EST

The Denver Broncos say Kyle Orton is their starting quarterback. The Minnesota Vikings don’t know who their starting quarterback is. But the Vikings reportedly considered trying to pry Orton away from the Broncos.

Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings considered trading for Orton, but have backed off those plans.

Of course, a trade wouldn’t happen until the league year starts anyway, so whatever plans the Vikings backed off from would have had to be very preliminary. But once the league year starts, if the Broncos back away from their stance that Orton is the starter and move toward Tim Tebow (or anyone else), perhaps the Vikings would revisit those plans.

Walters’ report is also interesting because of what it says about the quarterback who would be, by default, the Vikings’ starter if they were assembling a depth chart of the players they have right now: Walters quotes unnamed Vikings insiders as saying that Webb is nowhere close to being an effective starter.

That would come as news to Webb, who said last month that he thinks he’s well-prepared to be the starting quarterback. But while Webb views himself as a starting quarterback, it seems more likely that the Vikings will bring in someone else to start. We just don’t know who that “someone” is.

Overall, the quarterback position for the Vikings in 2011 is anyone’s guess. Maybe we need to start the Brett Favre watch.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising. And I agree while Webb has shown flashes of ability, he isnt ready to be a starting QB yet.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can very well see them being interested in bringing in Carson Palmer, but that is if Mike Brown wouldn't be so damn stubborn for once.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Not surprising. And I agree while Webb has shown flashes of ability, he isnt ready to be a starting QB yet.
How credible is Paul Allen, your local sports radio guy? He was on our local talk sports station here in Seattle and he absolutely loves Jake Locker. I figured if Paul Allen (Seahawks owner) liked the kid he'd be a Seahawk but there seems to be another opinion. I also hear interest from Frazier and Spielman but i'm sure they wouldnt say it publicly.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
How credible is Paul Allen, your local sports radio guy? He was on our local talk sports station here in Seattle and he absolutely loves Jake Locker. I figured if Paul Allen (Seahawks owner) liked the kid he'd be a Seahawk but there seems to be another opinion. I also hear interest from Frazier and Spielman but i'm sure they wouldnt say it publicly.
Not sure how credible he is as far as personnel judgment, but he is an awesome radio guy.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Not sure how credible he is as far as personnel judgment, but he is an awesome radio guy.
I like the way he came across, our guy here tried to get him to go in differant directions like going for a Cam Newton or a Blaine Gabbert or even bringing in a Kolb or a McNabb and he was flat out sticking with Jake (of course i love that). He did say ideally they would bring in a veteran so they wouldnt have to play the rookie from day one but he seemed like it wasnt just an infatuation with a player, i felt he was onto something.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Its been rumored that the Vikes like Locker a lot. But nothing has been said publicly.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its been rumored that the Vikes like Locker a lot. But nothing has been said publicly.
I just got a hard on
Old 03-08-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thank you.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

He's pretty much a moron, albeit a very entertaining one.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is a pretty liberal use of the word "entertaining". I hate Paul Allen in every possible way.

As far as Locker goes, that would be fine with me as long as we trade down & grab him. I just want to avoid starting a rookie QB, & allow him to develop for a season or two. Hopefully Musgrave is as good at developing qbs as advertised.

Who will the stop gap be? McNabb? Orton? Hasslewassle?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

If we draft Locker, I would order a jersey the second we selected him.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
jsang74
Rookie

jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.jsang74 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Me too, a number 14, XXL.
jsang74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I wouldn't. I made that mistake with troy williamson.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I wouldn't. I made that mistake with troy williamson.
Hahaha wow that was a horrible call. But I've been a Locker fanboy ever since his freshman year so I still wouldn't mind. It's like me still wearing my Galinari Knicks shirt, it's ironic.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where did you hear that its been rumored the vikings are high on locker? Because I really really really really want this to be true haha
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I follow Judd and Chip on twitter, they mentioned it. Vikes scouts where giving him more attention at the combine then a lot of other QBs there. Im pretty sure Spielman also said it in a radio interview.

Like I said, nothing real solid, just bits and pieces here and there.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down a few spots and grabbing Locker would be ok by me.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Trade down a few spots and grabbing Locker would be ok by me.
I could very easily see us moving down with New England to get our 3rd back and taking Locker there, with them moving up to get someone like Cameron Jordan or one of the OLB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I could very easily see us moving down with New England to get our 3rd back and taking Locker there, with them moving up to get someone like Cameron Jordan or one of the OLB.

The Pats trade down not up.