Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
To be honest Leber was pretty pathetic in coverage anyway. Really none of our LB's our good in coverage, so I don't think it will be a huge issue. Brinkley is more of a liability against the pass than Erin I think, but has looked good against the run in limited action. I'm not too worried about our LB situation.
Yea, I'm with you on that. We've got much bigger worries than at LB, like on the OL, and how about at WR, or S.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Yea, I'm with you on that. We've got much bigger worries than at LB, like on the OL, and how about at WR, or S.
Yep, Id be a bit more optimistic about the season if we could just get another decent WR. I dont want to have to depend on Berrian getting his head out of his ass and playing.

I'll say the one good thing about Charlie Johnson is, seeing him play and in interviews(I live 30 mins from Indy). He has the right attitude, he is like the anti Mckinnie. lol He will compete and play hard on every play. He is only 27 and really isnt that bad of a player. The Colts really just couldn't afford to keep him, plus they drafted line help. Lots of experience at LT, but can play any spot.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Charlie as a one year fix at LT. We have got to address the position early in the draft next year.
The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I see Charlie as a one year fix at LT. We have got to address the position early in the draft next year.
Oh yea, but I do think that Johnson can be a starter for us elsewhere on the line, either at G or possibly at RT if Loadholt doesn't bounce back after he regressed last year badly, and we don't have anyone even close to set as our future at LG or RG.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I know we need to address O line in next years draft. Im just saying that Johnson is only 27 and unless he plays just terrible this season he is worth keeping around.

I really hope Loadholt bounces back. He reported to camp weighing less and so far they say he looks a lot more trim and quick.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be perfectly fine if we dropped our first two or even three picks on offensive line next year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I would be perfectly fine if we dropped our first two or even three picks on offensive line next year.
Not if it means we go another year with our only move at safety being addition by attraction with Manure.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Maybe we can get Taylor Mays for a 4th round pick? lol
Old 08-04-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Judd reports first team defense is Brian Robison, Kevin Williams, Remi Ayodele Jared Allen, Erin Henderson, E.J., Greenway, Winfield, Griffin, Sanford, Abdullah

I know its just the first days, but I figured Evans or Guion would get a shot at first team.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like having Ramadan/Sanford and Son as our starting safeties. Are we definitely not bringing back Kennedy, because I'm not huge with Ayodele in the starting role. Also, I think we should try and sign Cotchery cheap to be our #2 behind Harvin. I love how more than a third of our current first team defense recently went undrafted or was picked in the seventh round. We're seriously a ******* joke, we might as well go scoop up Brian Russell and call it a day.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Excuse my double post, but I think we're soon going to be launched into another "BuckNaked Angry Vikings Fan" era. This hasn't really been in effect since the benching of Gus Frerotte. Albeit, there were some key moments that almost put me back on the wagon. Ex. Brett Favre's pick in the NFC Championship game, the drafting of Christian Ponder (which I'm trying to be positive about); just to name two. Regardless, I am mentally preparing myself for a dark age of Minnesota Vikings football. God bless.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...club_miami.php
Old 08-04-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TomPelissero Tom Pelissero
Jared Allen has begun the torturing of Charlie Johnson. Everson Griffen doing the same to Thomas Welch with 2 straight sacks. #Vikings

Wow, four touch-sacks in eight snaps for defensive line. Oline is a mess. #Vikings

Johnson's gettin destroyed. Two more "sacks" by Jared Allen. Second one he got out of stance slowly and never touched him. #Vikings

Aaaaand Allen gets another sack with a bull rush on Johnson. Maybe it's first-day jitters. Yeah, let's go ahead and say that. #Vikings

Sounds like Johnson is settling in nicely. We are going to suck ass this year but i think with McNabb and Peterson we will probably win more games than we should.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Jared Allen has begun the torturing of Charlie Johnson. Everson Griffen doing the same to Thomas Welch with 2 straight sacks. #Vikings

Wow, four touch-sacks in eight snaps for defensive line. Oline is a mess. #Vikings

Johnson's gettin destroyed. Two more "sacks" by Jared Allen. Second one he got out of stance slowly and never touched him. #Vikings

Aaaaand Allen gets another sack with a bull rush on Johnson. Maybe it's first-day jitters. Yeah, let's go ahead and say that. #Vikings

Sounds like Johnson is settling in nicely. We are going to suck ass this year but i think with McNabb and Peterson we will probably win more games than we should.
I was there. Allen torched him like nothing I've ever seen before. Then again he does that to a lot of people so it's hard to judge.

Other things I took from TC-

Jaymar Johnson needs to start seeing the field. Especially given our weak WR situation. He has all the tools to be very good from the slot, the only guy quicker on the field was Percy.

Speaking of Percy, once again by far the most exciting player there. It was almost funny watching him in the 1 on 1 drills, everyone was so clearly over matched they looked beaten before the ball was snapped. One of those guys who you never fully appreciate until you see him in person.

The offensive line looked brutal from the top down. There was a stretch of 10 or so plays where about half were blown dead because they would have been sacks.

Part of it was our D-line too though. Allen was ridiculously good, he could not be blocked. Hopefully he has a bounceback year. Good pressure up the middle from the DT's and Everson Griffen made a big impact.

As far as the rookies go Ponder was a little erratic on the throwing drills, airmailed a few and wasn't really hitting guys in stride but that's to be expected right now. When they went live he looked solid. A lot of short throws but again he's still learning the offense. Kyle Rudolph looked solid, made a great one handed catch on a perfect throw from Ponder. Dropped a few balls in drills but he looked good overall. Brandon Burton had his ups and downs, got absolutely toasted twice one on one by Jaymar but held his own when they went 7 on 7.

And of course there is McNabb. I thought he looked very good overall. Good zip on his passes and seemed to be adapting quickly. A lot of short stuff but with the pass blocking out there it was hard to go down the field. I have a bad feeling that's how it may be all year.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Embarrassing. Not surprising.

Good riddance you fat sack of crap.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I don't like having Ramadan/Sanford and Son as our starting safeties. Are we definitely not bringing back Kennedy, because I'm not huge with Ayodele in the starting role. Also, I think we should try and sign Cotchery cheap to be our #2 behind Harvin. I love how more than a third of our current first team defense recently went undrafted or was picked in the seventh round. We're seriously a ******* joke, we might as well go scoop up Brian Russell and call it a day.
Sign me up for Jerricho Cotchery.

And I'm alright with Ayodele, it sounded like he really improved in N.O. and it's not like Fat Pat was good last year anyway. I agree on the safeties although Abdullah did play somewhat passably last year I think.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-be-a-viking/

Quote:
Larry Fitzgerald Sr. says that Larry Jr. “always wanted to be a Viking”
Posted by Mike Florio on August 5, 2011, 7:53 AM EDT

APCardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald is entering the final year of his contract, and the Cardinals having no way to keep him from leaving after the season, since the contract prevents the team from using the franchise tag on the 2004 first-rounder. As a result, Cardinals G.M. Rod Graves recently told PFT Live that the franchise’s top priority at this point will be to sign Fitzgerald to a long-term extension before the regular season starts.

Some believe that Fitzgerald’s top alternative will be to return home to Minnesota and play for the Vikings. One person with unique access to Fitzgerald’s thought processes has provided some insight into that theory.

Appearing on ESPN Radio Los Angeles with Max Kellerman and Marcellus Wiley, Larry Fitzgerald Sr. had this to say when asked about the possibility, via SportsRadioInterviews.com: “No. The Vikings are clearing cap space I have heard that but Larry has to make that decision. This is his life and he has always wanted to be a Viking because he is a Viking. He was a ball boy and that type of thing. He loves playing in Arizona, he’s valued in that community, and he’s a Cardinal.”

So what would it take for Larry Jr. to be a Viking? “[T]he Cardinals would have to fall on their face,” Larry Sr. said.

One of the hosts then said that connecting the dots takes Larry Jr. back to Minnesota. “Well yeah he always wanted to be a Viking growing up. He got drafted by a Viking. Dennis Green left Minnesota and went to Arizona.”

Moving forward, the Cardinals should make their best offer to Fitzgerald sooner rather than later, especially with more than $14 million in cap room as of Thursday. If they can’t work it out with Larry Jr., then they should trade him to Minnesota now and get something in return.

We know it sounds far-fetched, but when Larry Sr. points out that the “Vikings are clearing cap space,” it sounds like something could possibly happen before 2012.
Anyone else just go from 6 to midnight?

It really does make sense with the lack of Sid or any of the other big $ wr free agents. It is most likely a pipe dream, but could be a strong possibility if Arizona doesn't get him signed during the season. I believe that his last contract includes language to prevent the Cards from using the franchise tag on him after the conctract is complete.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is indeed hope if his contact does include a no franchise tag clause.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Peterson says today that he is just going to "let the chips fall where they may" And that its a possibility he could be testing the open market after this season.

All I can say is, with the season it looks like its shaping up to be, and possibly our worst offensive line yet, the Wilfs better look to getting him locked up long term asap.

If the Vikes let Peterson walk at the end of the season, well lets just say I wouldn't really gave a **** is the team moved. They could move to China for all I'd care.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...126839273.html
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Peterson says today that he is just going to "let the chips fall where they may" And that its a possibility he could be testing the open market after this season.

All I can say is, with the season it looks like its shaping up to be, and possibly our worst offensive line yet, the Wilfs better look to getting him locked up long term asap.

If the Vikes let Peterson walk at the end of the season, well lets just say I wouldn't really gave a **** is the team moved. They could move to China for all I'd care.

If Peterson leaves...I can't even predict what I will do.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might just quit football.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post

Translation: I want a **** load of money
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

and the Queens need to give it to him.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been saying that for 3 years now and we still haven't addressed it at all, I've begun to accept that our front office doesn't think OL is important, or safety or LB or WR or QB for that matter. RB and DL is apparently all that matters.

Quote:
I see this as a positive, that sounds like improvement on last year...

Yep, it's going to be a really long year methinks. We have possibly the worst starting safety combo ever and if it wasn't for Hutch the OL would give it a shot as worst ever also!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I can only imagine what this first preseason game is going to look like. Our offense has sound horrendous in the first week of practice.