Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-27-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a beautiful play from McNabb to Berrian. Hope we see a lot of that this year. But I doubt it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
No one is asking for a team full of UDFA's.....some of us are simply asking that this one UDFA (Marcus Sherels) gets an opportunity to show what he can do over the course of a regular season on the NFL squad. He's probably the fastest player on the team right now, and from the looks of it, he's a better player than Asher Allen....

In fact, I'd say that the top-3 CB's are the only locks (Winfield, Griffen, and Cook) after that, there should be 2 slots open to fill between: Sherels, Allen, Burton, and Tony Carter. Sherels is definitely in the top-2 of that list right now.

Marcus Sherels is faster than Percy Harvin? Yeah ok. And for the millionth time I'm not saying he shouldn't get a chance. I'm saying that anything you get from an UDFA is a bonus and not something you should expect based on a couple of preseason games.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate our ******* secondary so much. I would not care if every one of those idiots were cut tomorrow.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo are we going to talk about how much Marcus Sherels got burned in the first half alone after this game?

yeah.....

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im very disappointed. so sloppy.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
im very disappointed. so sloppy.

Seriously? The offense looked awesome other than a flukey tipped INT. The secondary sucked but what else did you expect from them?

The blocked kick sucked but those things are easily fixed.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-27-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Soooo are we going to talk about how much Marcus Sherels got burned in the first half alone after this game?

yeah.....
Yeah. Maybe we should hold off on his HOF bust after all.

Also has Tyrell Johnson made a single good play since we drafted him? I'm dead serious.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

Also has Tyrell Johnson made a single good play since we drafted him? I'm dead serious.
Hey take it easy on him, he's still adjusting from playing at a small school...
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

I think tonight should do it for Tyrell's Viking career. Our secondary is so bad. Even Cedric played like poop tonight. :-(

Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did not see the game, but I agree and have always though since we drafted Tyrell Johnson that he should take a walk, not a good safety. So Sherel's played that bad? Doubt he was that awful, kind of see what one wants to see. As if Asher played any better?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings better get on the wire quickly. The Ravens just let go Oniel Cousins and Ryan Bartholomew. Cousins was a very good prospect when he came out for the draft, not a great player yet but could give some decent depth on the line and has potential to improve. And Bartholomew especially, he is a decent center prospect that could be ok down the road. Only reason he was cut I feel is because Bryan Mattison surprised everyone, was a star defensive lineman on Iowa, now a center in the NFL and gained weight to do it, but still Bartholomew would have made the team I image if it was not for that move by Mattison.

They also let go TE Jonathan Stupar but we already have tight ends clearly.

Hope the Vikings stay with it, they could get some ok players once final cuts are done and some decent project players get let go.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I did not see the game, but I agree rooting and have always though since we drafted Tyrell Johnson that he should take a walk, not a good safety. So Sherel's played that bad? Doubt he was that awful, kind of see what one wants to see. As if Asher played any better?

What? No one is rooting for sherels to fail but he sucked. And allen didn't play.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was in and out watching the game last night.

the one things that i really liked was the variety in our offensive sets. I can't remember the last time that i;ve seen the Vikes in an empty backfield or all of the wr/te bunches that they were running last night.

for some reason, this is giving me a little bit of hope.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
i was in and out watching the game last night.

the one things that i really liked was the variety in our offensive sets. I can't remember the last time that i;ve seen the Vikes in an empty backfield or all of the wr/te bunches that they were running last night.

for some reason, this is giving me a little bit of hope.
Yeah creativity was never Bevell's strong suit.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I guess its still one thing that keeps me a little optimistic is that the offense and defense playcalling has been very vanilla so far.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Waived today: QB Rhett Bomar TE Ed Barham, WR Andre Holmes, OL Conan Amituanai, DT Colby Whitlock, LB Kyle O'Donnell, LB Jonathan Gilmore, DB Chris Adingupu, DB Simeon Castille and K Nate Whitaker

Old 08-29-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Cowboys release Pro-Bowl Center Andre Gurode. Let's hope Rob B can at least get him in here for a visit, but it would sure take some messing around with the cap to fit him on the roster.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
B-rand Cowboys release Pro-Bowl Center Andre Gurode. Let's hope Rob B can at least get him in here for a visit, but it would sure take some messing around with the cap to fit him on the roster.
I agree with that, we should really take a look at him.

Other players that could get a chance I feel...

OL
Zach Hurd
Josh Beekman

DB
Chip Vaughn,
Ashton Youboty
Jonathan Wilhite
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Well its just the 1st quarter and Tyrell Johnson has racked up a dropped pick, a badly missed tackle for a big gain and getting beat on a deep route.

Buh-Bye Tyrell. lol

Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

God Ponder is awesome.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the protection Ponder has been getting I'm pretty impressed with his performance. Also, he's got some wheels.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

If Joe Webb started this game he'd have 200 rushing yards by now. lol

Old 09-02-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Damn. I knew Ponder could move but not like that. Our depth at O-line is just so unbelievable terrible.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Stylez White and Jaymar Johnson cut.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Jaymar being cut all but guarantees Sherels is making the team for punt returns. Good for him, great story. Looks like the CB on the bubble now is Asher Allen.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-02-2011 at 10:34 PM.