Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-17-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't do it, I can't root for a team to lose on purpose, even if a sure-fire, blue-chip impact player would be available.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
I can't do it, I can't root for a team to lose on purpose, even if a sure-fire, blue-chip impact player would be available.
Our needs are QB, CB, RT, DT, and TE...I dont know if there would be a top prospect there we could use other than Jenkins from Ohio State. You dont take a RT top 10. I dont want Tebow. TE in the top 10 hasnt shown much in the past( Davis, Winslow, Brady). So I say Root for the playoffs.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What's going on with that anyway?

As much as I hate the Vikings I wouldn't want them to leave Minnesota. That'd kill a great rivalry. LA-Green Bay just wouldn't be the same.
Things aren't looking good.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Our needs are QB, CB, RT, DT, and TE...I dont know if there would be a top prospect there we could use other than Jenkins from Ohio State. You dont take a RT top 10. I dont want Tebow. TE in the top 10 hasnt shown much in the past( Davis, Winslow, Brady). So I say Root for the playoffs.
Winslow is a top 5 TE in the league, if not higher.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
* Prays for either Sam Bradford or Malcolm Jenkins.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

dont know if any of you have heard...but its our worst fear revisited. I've also heard that jared allen is going with the williams brothers to new york and could also face a four game suspension for his hits on matt schaub and aaron rodgers.

how ***...

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post

dont know if any of you have heard...but its our worst fear revisited. I've also heard that jared allen is going with the williams brothers to new york and could also face a four game suspension for his hits on matt schaub and aaron rodgers.

how ***...
You just lost your key players on defense in one trip.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post

how ***...
Jared Allen getting 4 would be the dumbest ******* thing Goodell has done yet.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jared Allen gets four games, I'm not watching the NFL again.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the max he was going to get was one. And even that's not likely.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Winslow is a top 5 TE in the league, if not higher.
sure when he is on the field, and not injured. And even though this is not effect his game play per say, he is a pretty bad distraction in the locker room.

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RYAN COOK HAS BEEN BENCHED!!!! Hooray!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 good news in a row on Rotoworld:

He'll be replaced by Artis Hicks, who was serviceable in the first four games playing in place of then-suspended left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Cook, a second-round pick in 2006, will be in the last year of his contract in 2009.

and

This is terrific news for Minnesota's defense. Allen can't afford anymore low or helmet-to-helmet hits on QBs, however, as he'd likely be suspended for another penalty. He is slated to play through his shoulder injury in Week 12.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Words can't express how much this move was needed. Hicks seems like a suitable right tackle. He did a fine job the first four games at left.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
2 good news in a row on Rotoworld:

He'll be replaced by Artis Hicks, who was serviceable in the first four games playing in place of then-suspended left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Cook, a second-round pick in 2006, will be in the last year of his contract in 2009.

and

This is terrific news for Minnesota's defense. Allen can't afford anymore low or helmet-to-helmet hits on QBs, however, as he'd likely be suspended for another penalty. He is slated to play through his shoulder injury in Week 12.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yessssss....I always wondered if Artis Hicks could play RT and I guess we find out today.
amazing news! i think i just peed my pants jumping for joy. lol

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so awesome, I won't even be mad when the Timberwolves blow their lead tonight.

Eat **** Ryan Cook.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This is so awesome, I won't even be mad when the Timberwolves blow their lead tonight.

Eat **** Ryan Cook.
hahahahaha
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, Im a bit disappointed with the benching, because I just started this whole Ryan Cook penalty betting pool thing and now its out the window. Thats as far as that goes though! lol

Thank god!! I mean Hicks is nothing to do cartwheels over, but he is hands down an upgrade from Cook. I mean if anything the bonus of less penalties will help!!

And speaking of bad hands, :-)
Our former bust WR is running his mouth about Childress and the game this sunday(which of course he is hurt so he is not playing).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713670

And im sorry, but Jared Allen cracks me up. I think that comment is sig worthy. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
First of all, Im a bit disappointed with the benching, because I just started this whole Ryan Cook penalty betting pool thing and now its out the window. Thats as far as that goes though! lol

Thank god!! I mean Hicks is nothing to do cartwheels over, but he is hands down an upgrade from Cook. I mean if anything the bonus of less penalties will help!!

Our former bust WR is running his mouth about Childress and the game this sunday(which of course he is hurt so he is not playing).

And im sorry, but Jared Allen cracks me up. I think that comment is sig worthy. :-)
Pfffft, I only listen to what semi-relevant football players have to say.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
your penalties per game will now be cut in half
Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Childress, but this quote is pretty epic

"Do you need my reach? I'm not like a woman; I'll give you my weight,” Childress said. “It's 190 pounds of twisted steel and rompin', stompin' dynamite. Is that enough humor for you?”

http://min.scout.com/2/813574.html
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Im surprised that Childress even responded to that.

I dont know if anyone is in to collecting autographs from Players but I sent a letter to like 6 Viking players last year and so far Ive got 2 back(Marcus McCauley, and Chester Taylor) and I got my 3rd today and it was Kevin Williams. So Its been a good week...Cook got benched..Auto from Kevin Williams, and Childress responding to Williamson.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Im surprised that Childress even responded to that.

I dont know if anyone is in to collecting autographs from Players but I sent a letter to like 6 Viking players last year and so far Ive got 2 back(Marcus McCauley, and Chester Taylor) and I got my 3rd today and it was Kevin Williams. So Its been a good week...Cook got benched..Auto from Kevin Williams, and Childress responding to Williamson.
I'd say just go to training camp, but then I remembered you're way out there in no-man's land :)
Old 11-20-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post

Hicks himself is nothing to do cartwheels over, but the difference between him and Cook is.

Honestly, how much of a difference has there been since McKinnie has come back to replace Hicks? Not a whole lot.