Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
tombau
Rookie

tombau hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On Christian Ponder:

Even when Donovan McNabb was at his worst and his passes were nearly indistinguishable from celebratory end zone spikes, I gave Leslie Frazier the benefit of the doubt. Word on the street (okay, Twitter) was that Christian Ponder was just nowhere near ready to play in an NFL game. If that's the case, whenever he is ready to play in an NFL game, he's going to be a beast. Ponder makes plays. His numbers on the day weren't good, but there were all kinds of flashes of potential. He's athletic, he's accurate, he's got good instincts, and he moves the chains. The Vikings have no business being in a competitive game against the Packers, but there they were. I'm excited about Christian Ponder.

from

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...ner?author=MJD
tombau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hallelujah!!!! Bernard Berrian has been released:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Jason La Canfora
Vikings have released WR Bernard Berrian, a move that was expected. He's been inactive lately and having some issues with the staff

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More news on Chris Cook:
Quote:
@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Oh boy ... RT @saraboyd: The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office has filed a felony domestic assault strangulation charge against Chris Cook.
Quote:
@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Assaulting a household member by strangulation is punishable by up to 3 years in prison and a $5,000 fine. bit.ly/t0pUoN
Quote:
@espn_nfcnblog
ESPN Blogs NFC North
#Vikings CB Chris Cook charged with felony domestic strangulation. Complaint says he twice strangled girlfriend and then struck her in ear.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw highlights from Sundays game. The stats don't tell the story about Ponder. Get him a decent OL so he doesn't have to scramble every other play. Our secondary on the other hand.. just absolutely disgraceful. There is no one on that unit I have any respect for. Just atrocious.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no legal expert but that sounds like some serious **** Chris Cook is in.
In regards to the offensive line, hopefully we can draft a guy like Kalil which would allow us to move Charlie Johnson to guard where he belongs and also solve the LT problem, two birds with one stone. If we can find a decent FA then we have a pretty good start at fixing the o-line and minimizing the raping Ponder will take.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I'm no legal expert but that sounds like some serious **** Chris Cook is in.
In regards to the offensive line, hopefully we can draft a guy like Kalil which would allow us to move Charlie Johnson to guard where he belongs and also solve the LT problem, two birds with one stone. If we can find a decent FA then we have a pretty good start at fixing the o-line and minimizing the raping Ponder will take.
Better not win too many more games if you want Kalil because he is probably going to one those Ofer teams, especially the Rams.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to wash our hands of Bernard, he was wasting a roster spot. . . Also from what I have read, it doesn't sound good for Cook. If it's all true then he is definatly one worthless POS.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else thinking the shortest road back to an NFC championship is to blow it up? If the stadium bill gets passed, let's build for that year instead of trying to go 8-8. Avoid the free agent market for anything other than one or two year deals and start accumulating talent. We are, in my opinion, in the worst possible spot for an NFL franchise (especially with the rookie wage scale). Enough talent here to stay out of the top 8, not enough talent to ever be considered a serious threat.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings suspend Chris Cook indefinitely without pay

Posted by Mike Florio on October 25, 2011, 11:15 PM EDT

Getty Images
The rough week of Vikings defensive back Chris Cook has gotten a little rougher.

Released from jail on bail after being arrested for domestic assault over the weekend (which caused him to miss Sunday’s game against the Packers), Cook now faces the loss of his job. Possibly.

Until the Vikings decide what to do with Cook, the team has suspended him without pay. The team announced the decision on Tuesday night, calling the allegations against Cook “very disturbing and disappointing.”

Cook allegedly choked his girlfriend after learning she had talked to an ex-boyfriend. Cook has proclaimed his innocence on Twitter.

Under the CBA, player may be suspended up to four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Though off-duty behavior typically falls under the auspices of the NFL’s personal conduct policy, Cook’s brush with the law left him unavailable to do his job on Sunday, which clearly was detrimental to his team.

The Vikings also would likely be within their rights to cut Cook. Still, a suspension without pay extending beyond four games could give rise to a fight under the plain terms of the labor deal.

Cook joined the team via the top of round two in 2010, after the Vikings traded out of the bottom of round one with the Lions, who used the pick to take tailback Jahvid Best.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I laugh when people overlook character concerns in a prospect. We spent a high pick on Cook and had high expectations for him, he was drafted to be a starter on the outside and eventually take over for Winfield and cover #1 receivers. Now because he is a god damn **** stick we have a massive void at corner in the short-term and quite possibly the long-term if he gets cut because of this.

I know he had some academic issues in college and was suspended for a year at UVA because of those issues. He said he learned from it and would change blah, blah blah. Then he goes to the NFL and gets arrested for pulling a gun on someone but escapes any punishment and says it was a misunderstanding/blown out proportion and he learned from it and it won't happen again.

He finally starts to show some promise and puts on some damn good performances against 2 of the leagues elite receivers keeping them in check. Hooray, everything is going great, it appears he's got his **** together and he's playing well. So what does he do? He ***** it allll up by rape choking his girlfriend, punching her in the head and getting tossed in the pokey for felony assault. Thanks for the memories you piece of ****.

/excessive rant over
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antoine Winfield has broken clavicle, likely out for season.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see him on the team next year. the last 3 years he has been in and out with injuries. We can't get consistent play out of him anymore. Although, when he's in he's the only bright spot in our secondary.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Sounds like the Vikings are going to bring back Benny Sapp to fill Winfield's roster spot. I always liked Benny as long as he kept his cool, but he's 30 years old and we're not going anywhere. Frazier always loved the guy though, so that explains the move 100%.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I don't see him on the team next year. the last 3 years he has been in and out with injuries. We can't get consistent play out of him anymore. Although, when he's in he's the only bright spot in our secondary.
He will be restructured or released. That's the way the NFL works now. I love the guy, but he can't be making $7.25 million with his production these days.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennnyyyyy Sapp! Love that guy.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So our secondary the rest of this year is Sherels, Griffin, Sapp, Abdullah, and Sanford...

:/

Start your fantasy QB's against us the rest of the year!!!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
So our secondary the rest of this year is Sherels, Griffin, Sapp, Abdullah, and Sanford...

:/

Start your fantasy QB's against us the rest of the year!!!
You forgot Asher Allen and Tyrell Johnson! They make things SOOOOOO much better...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
You forgot Asher Allen and Tyrell Johnson! They make things SOOOOOO much better...
OOOoooOOOHHHHHH shittttttt, we are going to dominate, nevermind what i said earlier.

(obviously they aren't important enough to remember...)

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Brees is going to throw for 800 yards against us in a couple weeks.

That said I concur with prock on Benny Sapp. I was surprised he never really fit in with Miami, he was a solid nickel back here. His attitude works against him at times with some personal fouls but it's also what makes him productive. He doesn't back down from anyone. If nothing else he'll be better than the Frank Walker experiment last year.

Last edited by yo123 : 11-17-2011 at 02:40 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Sapp looks like he is trying...

That is about as nice a thing as you can say about our secondary.

Also, you will not talk bad about Tyrell Johnson, he is one of the best Madden Special Teamers alive! That is his one redeeming trait as a footballer!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all seriousness Tyrell Johnson is honestly the worst safety I've seen in the NFL, and I wish I was just saying that because I have seen so much of him. Does anyone remember anything positive he's done in his entire career? Why is he not bagging my groceries right now? I just don't understand this league sometimes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
In all seriousness Tyrell Johnson is honestly the worst safety I've seen in the NFL, and I wish I was just saying that because I have seen so much of him. Does anyone remember anything positive he's done in his entire career? Why is he not bagging my groceries right now? I just don't understand this league sometimes.
I'm with you 100%. He hasn't done anything well at all, and he can't play special teams at all, unlike in Madden where I guess he's a stud ST, haha. He offers nothing positive. I'm guessing that he's still around because somebody still thinks that because of the fact that he was a 2nd round pick, he's still got some upside, but the only upside that he may have is that he may at some point in his career take a right angle or have the QB throw the ball right to him and not drop it, but honestly I'm not even sure if that will ever happen, he hasn't shown the potential for it yet.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Tyrell has done plenty of good things, he's been helping people score touchdowns for years now.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would it be blasphemous to put Kevin Williams on the trade block in the forum mock?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think so. Especially if someone out there still holds him in really high regard.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote