Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-02-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes Claim Sage Rosenfels off waivers...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/M...waivers-120211
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

. . . and nobody bothers to claim McNabb. Shocker! lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosencopter Fuckya

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing new here, but God dammit our secondary is just atrocious:

@evansilva
Evan Silva
QBs vs #Vikings D over last 7 games: 146-205 (71.2%) for 1,808 yds (8.82 YPA), 18 TDs, 0 INTs. MIN has not intercepted a pass since Week 5.

I calculated that, and that is a 127.4 QB rating, I'm actually surprised it isn't higher given how terrible those numbers are.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That completion percentage & YPA are incredibly horrid...

Over/Under 200 yards for Calvin Johnson this week lol
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
That completion percentage & YPA are incredibly horrid...

Over/Under 200 yards for Calvin Johnson this week lol
Im gonna say Under but barely but I can see this game turning out to be a game last last week. Ponder throwing for 300 yards or so and Stafford 300-400 yards.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...-left-tackles/

article I wrote piggybacking on the left tackle debate discussed on SWDC as it relates to the Vikings and Matt Kalil vs Morris Claiborne. Let me know what you guys think. Our facebook page needs some likes as well if you're interested in that.

http://www.facebook.com/landof10klosses
Old 12-15-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Kalil declared according to Mort tonight.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/s...2012-nfl-draft

I say we have to go with him. As much as our secondary is an eye sore, we need to protect our future and that is Christian Ponder and we need a line that will open holes for Adrian Peterson. I feel like we need to go Kalil if he is available where we pick. Obviously at 2 he will be but I'm very concerned we end up beating the Bears at the end of the year or the Redskins next week. I just think we can find CB/WR help in the later rounds.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, truly, is fine. I just think Morris Claiborne is a better prospect. Absolutely love the guy. We just need talent at this point. It'd be nice to move down, and that's more of a possibility now with the new CBA. I'd love to get a '13 first rounder and '12 2nd rounder and move back 10-12 spots.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Either way, truly, is fine. I just think Morris Claiborne is a better prospect. Absolutely love the guy. We just need talent at this point. It'd be nice to move down, and that's more of a possibility now with the new CBA. I'd love to get a '13 first rounder and '12 2nd rounder and move back 10-12 spots.
Yeah it would be nice to get a legit shut down Cornerback because the receivers we have in our division we need one. I think we can't go wrong with either of the 2. But I agree with you that it would be nice to slide down in the draft and pick up draft picks. Take a play out of the Patriots Draft Playbook.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/P..._changes121511

Peliseero writes the Vikings are at least considering a switch to a 3-4 front. Thoughts?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

not gonna happen, Leslie cant have a losing season next year, singletary can't run a defense, this team better lose out, so we can get khalil
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/P..._changes121511

Peliseero writes the Vikings are at least considering a switch to a 3-4 front. Thoughts?
So that would mean what for our defense now? Jared Allen and Brian Robison going out to OLB and Greenway and Henderson to MLB?.. and then what would our D Line look like.. DE's would be Chrstian Ballard and Kevin Williams? and we would need a NT lol. Our secondary would still suck too.

I would rather have it just stay the same way because currently we aren't built for a 3-4 in my opinion.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...-left-tackles/

article I wrote piggybacking on the left tackle debate discussed on SWDC as it relates to the Vikings and Matt Kalil vs Morris Claiborne. Let me know what you guys think. Our facebook page needs some likes as well if you're interested in that.

http://www.facebook.com/landof10klosses
I don't think you need an elite LT if you've got an elite QB, but I don't know that Ponder will ever be an elite QB, I think he'll be above average, but not elite, so we'll need guys to protect him and guys to build holes for the running game. I also disagree on Claiborne being a superior prospect to Kalil. IMO, for us it goes Kalil>Claiborne>>>Blackmon>OT(Reiff/Martin/Adams)/Floyd.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Sully has been signed to extension, 5 year 25 million,
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/C..._Vikings121711

Did I miss something? Has Sullivan been having a good year?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Sullivan really stepped up his game this year. Glad they got him extended, hope he keeps playing this well.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/C..._Vikings121711

Did I miss something? Has Sullivan been having a good year?
Since he stopped getting hurt every game right around week 5 he's been really solid, definitely didn't expect him to get that much though, but they wanted to get it done now to roll some of that cash onto the cap this year to open up more room for the future.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Cedric Griffin watching the entire game with a towel over his head, arms crossed. What a pro.

Yea, Griffin won't be back next year. When he's sitting behind Sapp, Sherels, and Burton that's most definitely not good.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I have no clue how we're only down by 8 and get the ball to start the second half. The offense has been beyond atrocious, and the defense has gotten torn to pieces. If the Saints didn't make those mistakes, we're getting blown out and it wouldn't even be close to being a game.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

This whole game Ponder has looked scared out of his mind. He has been tucking down the ball so quick and not standing in there. Our Line is horrible for him and our receivers are just as bad.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Definatly not looking like the same Ponder, he is playing scared.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Vikings lose out and the Colts win one more game, who has the tiebreaker? Could we be looking at Andrew Luck? What do you think Ponder would go for on the open market?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If the Vikings lose out and the Colts win one more game, who has the tiebreaker? Could we be looking at Andrew Luck? What do you think Ponder would go for on the open market?
The Colts would have the tiebreaker due to SOS unless things change drastically over the final couple weeks. I don't see us looking at Luck, especially if Frazier is back. Ponder wouldn't go for nearly as much as Luck would go for. We could probably get a mid first rounder for him from the right team, or the equivalent of that, but if we traded Luck/the #1 pick we could get multiple first round picks, and multiple early picks(2nd/3rd), and probably more. It's all moot though as Indy would all but have to win out as they've got a fairly distinct advantage in the tiebreaker with a worse SOS, and that's not happening, and on top of that we could quite possibly win another game playing Washington and Chicago.

Why can't we just have more players like Jared Allen and Chad Greenway, Allen especially. There aren't enough guys in the league who aren't afraid to tell it how it is, and play all out despite the situation.

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Multiple #Vikings players indicating some teammates are playing scared. Jared Allen called out the team generally.

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Allen: "A lot of people are probably going to get fired at this point anyways. What are you going to lose? Go out, make plays and try to put

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
"... your best effort out there and win games. Sometimes, we get in a backpedal mode and just try to maintain so we don’t get beat too bad.

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
"... Screw that. Let’s just go win."

@TomPelissero
Tom Pelissero
Greenway: "We can’t go out there and say we should have won the game. We shouldn’t have. We are just not good enough."

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 12-18-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

AD said Jabari Greer was twisting his injured ankle...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-his-ankle/