Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I would like to take the time to tell Ray Edwards to retire from football and go live in the mountains somewhere. You suck, your penalties hurt us, and in 3 years you don't even have half the sacks it would take to break the single season record. Please die, that is all.

Signed,
Your number one fan!
really? two offsides penalties cause he was trying to get a jump on the ball? although yes...the sack record thing is a little dumb.

who needs ray edwards when you got jared allen? THE BEAST

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going on record by saying that this Lions game this weekend scares me to death.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Im going on record by saying that this Lions game this weekend scares me to death.
QFT. Us coming off a big primetime win against a team coming off being defeated handedly at home to a national audience with nothing to lose, in Daunte's first game against Minnesota since he left. I too, am very very very worried.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Only thing I would be scared of if I were you is injurys to key starters. Therefor I'd play every backup you have on the team and still will be looking at a Blowout win.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
QFT. Us coming off a big primetime win against a team coming off being defeated handedly at home to a national audience with nothing to lose, in Daunte's first game against Minnesota since he left. I too, am very very very worried.
Daunte played against MN last year when he was with Oakland, and we handed it to them fairly well

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
Only thing I would be scared of if I were you is injurys to key starters. Therefor I'd play every backup you have on the team and still will be looking at a Blowout win.
you have a lack of confidence...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childress is a better play caller then Ron Turner.

That is all

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
Daunte played against MN last year when he was with Oakland, and we handed it to them fairly well
Ahh, sorry, forgot about that. But still, the game worries me.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Williamses suspended
December 2nd, 2008 – 4:12 PM by Judd Zulgad

The four-game suspensions for Vikings defensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams have been upheld.

The NFL will make the announcement at 4:30 p.m.

The two Pro Bowl players would miss the final four games of the Vikings’ regular season. Last weekend, Fox Sports reported the players were prepared to file a lawsuit to get an injunction to keep playing.

There has been no official word from the Vikings yet. We’ll keep you updated as we learn the details.
Wellll..That sucks.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

with the williams' out, we could be in a lot of trouble... at least if we get into the playoffs we will have them back, but it is really going to take a toll on us.

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****!!!!!!

This can only help the Lions in their quest for their first win....

Although the effects of this will probably be greater than just an embarrassing loss to the Lions... looking at Turner & Jacobs/Ward/Marshall coming up soon as well.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Yeah, it sucks. Gotta just hope whoever steps in (Evans and Guion?) can do halfway decent.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Yeah, it sucks. Gotta just hope whoever steps in (Evans and Guion?) can do halfway decent.

I'm sure it will be Evans and Grigsby.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Legal action expected
December 2nd, 2008 – 8:50 PM by Judd Zulgad

The situation involving Vikings defensive tackles Pat and Kevin Williams, along with the four other players suspended today by the NFL for violating the league’s steroid policy, isn’t over. According to a people with knowledge of the situation, all six will apply for an injunction in U.S. District Court on Wednesday. This action has been expected since news first broke that a group of players faced four-game bans for using a diuretic that can serve as a masking agent for steroids.

This process could move quickly. The Williamses’ request for a preliminary injunction could go before a judge as early as Wednesday afternoon, and a decision could be made in the same day, according to Rick Ross, an employment and labor attorney for Fredrickson and Byron of Minneapolis.

But Ross went on to say that it’s “generally an uphill battle” for employees to gain a preliminary injunction in the federal courts. The primary standard, he said, is that employees have to show irreparable harm, which is difficult.

Other players suspended today included New Orleans’ Charles Grant, Deuce McAllister and Will Smith and Houston’s Bryan Pittman.
Quote:
PAT WILLIAMS’ AGENT PROMISES A LAWSUIT
Posted by Mike Florio on December 2, 2008, 7:16 p.m. EST

Agent Angelo Wright, who represents Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams, said on Tuesday that a federal lawsuit will be filed on Wednesday, aimed at preventing the NFL from imposing a four-game suspension.

“I believe that we’ll be able to offset this,” Wright said, according to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. ” I continue to maintain that he will play football.

“Though the tenets of the program are of strict liability, the league is supposed to act in conjunction with the players association, to communicate what products are acceptable and which are not,” Wright said. “In this case, they’ve acknowledged that they withheld information from the players.

“I would feel more comfortable with the process, if there was an independent body governing over these cases,” Wright added. “But this current set up is reminiscent of the British court, when they wore white wigs and proved to be your judge and your jury.”
Pretty Interesting...I would guess, if they win the ruling they wouldnt be suspended? and if they lose the ruling they would be still suspended..really dont know.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

i swear. in my 17 years of living this has got to be the most outragous ******** to have ever happend in the nfl.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

i hate to be the ass hole here. but i really dont think that the we are going to be in the playoffs this year.

in light of that. another average season. another mid first round draft pick. We have four games left and three of them are going to be tough. especially without the williams brothers.

turner and jacobs both scare me, and now we dont have our dominent force to knock them down.

i had high hopes coming into this year. they were down early then they were lifted up. now they are down again. lovely...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
i hate to be the ass hole here. but i really dont think that the we are going to be in the playoffs this year.

in light of that. another average season. another mid first round draft pick. We have four games left and three of them are going to be tough. especially without the williams brothers.

turner and jacobs both scare me, and now we dont have our dominent force to knock them down.

i had high hopes coming into this year. they were down early then they were lifted up. now they are down again. lovely...
Welcome to being a Vikings fan :) Its a tough road to be on. I think we are all thinking that we wont make the playoffs now but hey we have 1 game lead still so we just need to believing in the team. It could be worse that's all. If we do miss the playoffs by a game it just shows how much we can do when without a good stable QB. But since we finally are leading the division for the first time i think under Childress i really doubt he gets fired.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
you have a lack of confidence...
Lmao, No I am very confident. What I lack is a team with any resemblence of a D, and Oline.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Let me just say...

When the Vikings have a problem we seem to pull it together even more. Remeber the Love boat incident? We sucked before that, then we pulled it together and had a halfway decent season.

Although I am not doubting that we will suck the last four games of the season. A lot of other times when this stuff happens, we piss down our legs and walk off the field with our tails between our legs.

I guess that is the life a Viking fan, according to Dynasty. I agree by the way.

If we don't make the playoffs then here is my offseason plan:

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April
-Find a future star to replace fat Pat for when he retires
-And please...get a new gosh darn stadium.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me just say...

When the Vikings have a problem we seem to pull it together even more. Remeber the Love boat incident? We sucked before that, then we pulled it together and had a halfway decent season.

Although I am not doubting that we will suck the last four games of the season. A lot of other times when this stuff happens, we piss down our legs and walk off the field with our tails between our legs.

I guess that is the life a Viking fan, according to Dynasty. I agree by the way.

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April
I don't see the problem with the Metrodome for football. Once the Twins leave they can renovate it as they please. The Wilf's can buy it for pennies on the dollar once the lease runs out in 2011 and then it will be all profit. Take a year and play at the Gopher stadium and put in a bunch more luxury boxes and re-do the bathrooms.

Most fans don't even want an outdoor stadium anyways. I know I sure as hell woulda been freezing my nips off if Sunday's game were not under the roof.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me just say...

-Pick up Donavan McNabb
-Pick up TJ Housmanzada
-Fire Childress
-Draft a RT in April
Come on.... you guys don't like this guy? Why would you fire him.... :D
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
He's loved as much as Derrick Frost was loved in Green Bay.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Cause he's an idiot and sucks at playcalling. Three years with the Vikings and we haven't made the playoffs yet.

Nice sarcasm though :)

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Just a little bit of info...we signed Jimmy Kennedy

http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_s...edy120308.aspx

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cause he's an idiot and sucks at playcalling. Three years with the Vikings and we haven't made the playoffs yet.

Nice sarcasm though :)
To be fair: it was close

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote