Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Hopefully he can actually be healthy this year, but he doesn't do much to solve the Vikes need for WR and he's a douchebag. Hopefully they can add another better WR in FA and then another in the draft, leaving Simpson as the 4 behind Wright because if they expect him to be the 2 or even 3, then that's asking for trouble again.
Yeah I agree. He isn't going to change any plan this Free Agency or Draft for us this year. He is just a Vet who can come in and help out. I think like what you said he is a 4 at best.

I don't see us signing Mike Wallace. 13 million a year would kill our cap space and we have more holes than just WR. I'd rather see us go get Danny Amendola or Jennings for the 2nd WR and go get a tall WR in the 1st.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings released Antoine Winfield according to Tom Pelissero

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/V...g_mov e031213

Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah I agree. He isn't going to change any plan this Free Agency or Draft for us this year. He is just a Vet who can come in and help out. I think like what you said he is a 4 at best.

I don't see us signing Mike Wallace. 13 million a year would kill our cap space and we have more holes than just WR. I'd rather see us go get Danny Amendola or Jennings for the 2nd WR and go get a tall WR in the 1st.
I'd pass on Amendola. He's been extremely injury prone, and he's simply a slot receiver, and I'd rather give Wright a chance in that role rather than pay Amendola big money. When given a chance after Harvin was out, Wright showed flashes in limited time, and I liked him coming out of the draft. I don't think the Vikes have a chance on Wallace. Miami is willing to spend whatever it takes on him, and Minnesota doesn't have the cap space to get into a bidding war over him and would be wise not to. I see Jennings going elsewhere also as it's been reported that the most important thing to him is a strong established QB. That definitely sounds disappointing, but I'd be happy to see Minnesota go after Brandon Gibson or Donnie Avery. Both could be ok #2s that would come on rather cheap deals that would allow the Vikings to spend a couple early picks on receivers and allow them to develop, without forcing Ponder to throw to nothing but rookies/2nd year guys.

And Pelissero just reported on twitter that the Vikings released Antoine Winfield. Ugggghhh... I'm not happy with that. It leaves the Vikings extremely thin at CB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pelissero also just reported on twitter that he's hearing the Vikings are close on a deal with Loadholt.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Tough seeing Winfield go but we just cleared up 7.25 million from him being cut. Now 11-13 Million to wallace doesn't seem as bad. Still would be surprised though if we signed him.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Tough seeing Winfield go but we just cleared up 7.25 million from him being cut. Now 11-13 Million to wallace doesn't seem as bad. Still would be surprised though if we signed him.
Yea, I understand why they did it, but it will definitely hurt and I'll miss Winfield. It definitely opens up the cap room for them to make a bigger offer to Wallace or Jennings, but I agree with you and still expect them to sign elsewhere. It'll be an interesting next few hours though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance we make a move on someone like Cruz?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Any chance we make a move on someone like Cruz?
It would make sense. Victor Cruz is a proven commodity rather than one of the players in the draft. You know what you will get with him. Just not sure though, depends on the type of money he wants. The only concern with him is the Manning Factor. Clearly Eli Manning makes him a very good WR, makes you wonder how he would be with out an Elite QB.

Nnamdi anyone?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Nmandi couldn't play the zone? I want Talib or Grimes.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings agreed to a multi-year contract with Loadholt per Pelissero.

EDIT: Also re-signed Joe Beger to a one-year minimum contract. Good backup who can play C and both G positions.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 03-12-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The mid round pick in the Harvin trade is the Seahawks' 3rd next year.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerome Felton Re-signs

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/V...e_Felton031213

Jamarca Sanford re-signs

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/S..._Vikings031213

I like the Felton re-signing.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us bring in Karlos Dansby. I don't think he would cost too much as he's getting up there a little bit. Would allow us to take a stud DT in the 1st as well.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, after we pissed off AD with the Harvin trade, I suppose it's good that we kept his lead blocker.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rin-henderson/

Quote:
The Vikings have agreed to re-sign linebacker Erin Henderson a two-year contract, PFT’s Mike Florio confirmed Tuesday.

The Vikings’ weak side linebacker, the 26-year-old Henderson played 14 games (10 starts) in 2012, recording a career-high 80 tackles and defending three passes. He has started 21 games in the last two seasons for Minnesota.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we're not interested in Greg Jennings. What the **** are we gonna do at receiver?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Apparently we're not interested in Greg Jennings. What the **** are we gonna do at receiver?
I would love to see us go after Amendola or Welker. The talk of the Packers offering 10 mill per for Jennings means we probably would have had to offer 12 and a ton of guaranteed money which is too much.

Curious too see what we do about the CB situation. Still hoping we draft Mathieu but we also need to bring in a solid vet. Nnamdi? I would be all for trading for Revis.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi and Revis don't fit in a zone scheme. Glad they resigned the three they needed to (Loadholt, Felton and Sanford). Also, if they signed Henderson I hope that means that Brinkley is gone.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Nnamdi and Revis don't fit in a zone scheme. Glad they resigned the three they needed to (Loadholt, Felton and Sanford). Also, if they signed Henderson I hope that means that Brinkley is gone.
**** the zone scheme!

I get what you are saying, they don't. Just always been a fan of those two. Nnamdi is not at all a good fit but I think with a few changes Revis could fit very nicely. I don't see either happening though. I am hoping we get Sean Smith, I think he would fit in nicely. A guard would be nice. I would like to see us go after Kevin Burnett or Karlos Dansby as well.

There is also the issue of another QB. I have heard Cassel's name come up, I would be fine with him. Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick. I would be all for taking a QB in round 2/3 too.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

The Vikings did a nice job of re-signing their own today, but it would be nice to seem them sign someone else. According to Pelissero, the Vikes are working the phones, but their targets are lower-profile free agents.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
**** the zone scheme!

I get what you are saying, they don't. Just always been a fan of those two. Nnamdi is not at all a good fit but I think with a few changes Revis could fit very nicely. I don't see either happening though. I am hoping we get Sean Smith, I think he would fit in nicely. A guard would be nice. I would like to see us go after Kevin Burnett or Karlos Dansby as well.

There is also the issue of another QB. I have heard Cassel's name come up, I would be fine with him. Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick. I would be all for taking a QB in round 2/3 too.
Burnett or Dansby would be fine by me. So would some sort of backup QB capable of throwing a forward pass.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pleased with the way the offseason has started for Spielman. Got a good return for Harvin, resigned the guys he needed to, and hasn't gone out and blown our cap space (yet) on over priced free agents. That said, we are on the verge of fielding the worst WR core in NFL history so he needs to bring in a couple guys who can start outside ahead of Simpson. Draft one, sign one is our best option, IMO.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
I am pleased with the way the offseason has started for Spielman. Got a good return for Harvin, resigned the guys he needed to, and hasn't gone out and blown our cap space (yet) on over priced free agents. That said, we are on the verge of fielding the worst WR core in NFL history so he needs to bring in a couple guys who can start outside ahead of Simpson. Draft one, sign one is our best option, IMO.
As of right now I would be hoping for Amendola, Heyward-Bey or Gibson. We need to get someone in FA then go in the draft for one or two. As of right now i think we go WR at 23 and CB at 25. Keenan Allen and Desmond Trufant maybe?

Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman on NFL network just said the door is open for a Winfield return.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Spielman on NFL network just said the door is open for a Winfield return.
I read the yesterday that he wants to go to a contender. I doubt he considers us a contender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore.