Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I read the yesterday that he wants to go to a contender. I doubt he considers us a contender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Baltimore.
Ya I agree he would be hesitant to return at this point, but the thought the Vikings would welcome him back at a more team friendly number leaves the door somewhat open. I always liked Winfield and he's been great for us since we signed him. If he doesn't return I wish him the best.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/...ode-to-a-great

great article that really sums up winfield

and **** spielman by the way
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Ya I agree he would be hesitant to return at this point, but the thought the Vikings would welcome him back at a more team friendly number leaves the door somewhat open. I always liked Winfield and he's been great for us since we signed him. If he doesn't return I wish him the best.
I hope he returns as well. I have had the privileged of being able to watch him before he came to Minnesota when he was in Buffalo and I have enjoyed the way he plays the game. Truly will be missed if he doesn't return.

My dad told me he heard on Sirius today on the NFL Radio channel that the Vikings are talking to Cruz. I haven't heard or seen any reports of this other than what my dad has told me. Just wondering if you guys have seen anything other than just speculations.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports saying we've been in touch with Urlacher.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reports saying we've been in touch with Urlacher.
Yuck, do not want. He's waaay over the hill, and doesn't really fit the profile of how we're assembling our team.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

He's an improvement over Brinkley but I agree, no thanks to Urlacher.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
Yuck, do not want. He's waaay over the hill, and doesn't really fit the profile of how we're assembling our team.
Quote:
He's an improvement over Brinkley but I agree, no thanks to Urlacher.
I agree with you both in a way. He is an improvement and he is over the hill and past his prime. But if we can get him on a cheap contract with incentive base numbers for 2 years I would be fine with. We could still draft a MLB in April and he can sit and learn from Urlacher. It all depends on how much we pay for him if we do sign him.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/3/...ode-to-a-great

great article that really sums up winfield

and **** spielman by the way

That was a great article. Winfield shouldn't have gotten released like that.
The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks but no thanks on Urlacher. With Henderson back, the team needs a MLB that can play in nickel situations. He isn't that LB.
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Thanks but no thanks on Urlacher. With Henderson back, the team needs a MLB that can play in nickel situations. He isn't that LB.
Actually, that's what Urlacher actually can do still. He was actually damn good in coverage last year.

Quote:
The web site ProFootballFocus.com ranked Brinkley 50th among 53 inside linebackers who played at least 25% of the snaps last season. Urlacher was ranked 44th, though he was No. 3 in coverage.
Link

I'd still pass on Urlacher, and I don't think the Vikings interest is serious, unless the contract is cheap, but he's reportedly looking for $5.5 mil. They're likely just checking in on him, which they've probably done with nearly every free agent out there. That or they could be doing what the Bears did with Loadholt and try to drive up the price for a division rival.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Actually, that's what Urlacher actually can do still. He was actually damn good in coverage last year.
My mistake. Can I just defer to him being old and probably wanting too much money?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Jennings visiting today.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

As a Vikings fan I feel like whole Jennings thing is a no-win situation. Either the team is going to have to pay him much more than he's worth to come to Minnesota or he'll simply go back to GB. I wouldn't mind having him, but not for somewhere around Mike Wallace money.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a Vikings fan I feel like whole Jennings thing is a no-win situation. Either the team is going to have to pay him much more than he's worth to come to Minnesota or he'll simply go back to GB. I wouldn't mind having him, but not for somewhere around Mike Wallace money.
Jennings isn't going to get Wallace money...probably in the range of 3 years, $27 million for a deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
This "reported interest" just reeks of a warning shot to the Bears from Urlacher's camp. He knows that the Bears fan base, even though Urlacher is obviously no longer the player he was, would be upset if he were to sign with a division rival. "Hey, you're pissing me off, don't make me do this. Let's get this deal done."
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you entirely. I'd like to have him, he's still a good WR, but he's not worth $10 million per year. Pelissero just tweeted that he heard from an NFL personnel man who thinks Jennings will struggle to get $8 mil/year. Which would be more in line with what I'd be willing to pay him, but I would still want it on a short deal due to his age and recent injury history.

Quote:
Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
Hear #Vikings have called on FA CB Antoine Cason & FA S Gerald Sensabaugh. Prob. them just doing due-diligence. They've called on many.
Antoine Cason would be a solid pickup for some depth at CB. He's not a stud or anything, and hasn't developed into what was expected of him after the Chargers took him in the first round, but he'd still be a nice signing depending on the cost. Sensabaugh would be ok, just for safety depth as he can play both spots, but not sure it would be worth it to bring him in after re-signing Sanford.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Per Jay Glazer, the Vikings signed Matt Cassel. A good backup signing depending on the money. He'd be a huge upgrade to Webb as the backup.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Vikings have signed Matt Cassel according to Jay Glazer. I like this move a lot. Gives us a legit backup QB to pressure Ponder.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the signing as well. It might put some fire under Ponder's ass to step up his game.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/V...confirms031413

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

1 year - 4 Million for Cassel.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Quote:
More than reasonable.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
More than reasonable.
Yup, that's a pretty fair value for a backup QB who you can trust to hand the ball off to Peterson and complete a handful of passes.

I really hate some Vikings fans. A friend of mine on facebook posted, "I bet the Vikes move Joe Webb to receiver now. Thoughts?" after the news of the Vikings signing Matt Cassel. I've discussed with this guy before that there's a reason why Webb hasn't played WR before even when he was the #3 QB. He can't catch, he can't run a route, and he has no idea what it would take to be a WR. On top of that, his athleticism which is excellent for a QB would be simply good for a WR. I commented that I'd be willing to bet Webb isn't on the team come the start of next season. Several other people commented on his status saying that he's too athletic to cut and they need to try him in the slot and get him the ball in space and that he should have been playing there all along and I doubt they cut him unless he still wants to play QB and other **** like that. It's just stupid and people will never learn. I thought we could get over the idea of Webb ever being anything after that playoff game, but I forgot that every athletic QB can just move to WR if they suck at QB... Anyways, that's just example #547502 of why I don't discuss sports on facebook or with the average fan.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's Ponder's contract like?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move to bring in Cassell, very good move.

If Jennings gets more than $8 mil a year, I hope it's from you guys not us.
One top WR is rarely worth that much money.
I like how the Packers, Patriots, Saints, even Broncos do it... they don't pay one WR a schitload $ like Vincent Jackson got, Fitzgerald, Megatron, etc... I don't see those one-stud WR teams winning Super Bowls very often since the days of Jerry Rice.

Jennings, IMO, cost us signing Steven Jackson, so Jennings can fuckoff. I already lost my love for him, so I can easily stomach him in purple. I'd rather have his ass end up in Cleveland or Buffalo with a **** QB. And cold which he hates.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I like the Cassel signing. Ponder/Cassel and MBT is fine for me for our QB trio. Ponder should still be the starter (And is), but if something were to happen I'd have more confidence in Cassel than either Webb or MBT.