Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am totally content with the trade up. It really wasn't that much: a 3rd & 4th to move up 23 spots? Not too shabby.

Patterson is totally boom or bust. The 1 year of big time production worries me a a bit, but as someone else said, he has the ability to learn from Jennings & can still contribute right away in the "Percy" type role ~ bubble screens, the return game, working out of the backfield.

I love that Spielman & company can make the draft very exciting. He has done a great job drafting since taking over.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Vikings signed Lawrence Jackson today.
Good signing, likely on the cheap. Provides depth behind Allen, Robison, and Griffen, and I'd assume he'll be signed beyond this year, which is big as all 3 of those are FA after this year.

Nice article from Seifert at ESPN

Pelissero doing his usual excellent job

and the three have landed in Minnesota:

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, so, so thrilled with this draft. Only bad thing is there is no reason to watch today :/
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who care about Jersey Numbers according to the Vikings twitter Floyd will be #76, Rhodes #29 and Patterson #84.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those who care about Jersey Numbers according to the Vikings twitter Floyd will be #76, Rhodes #29 and Patterson #84.
I like it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vikings signed Lawrence Jackson today.
Really nice under the radar signing. It was going to be tough to take a DE after that trade up and we really only needed more depth at the position. Love the front 4 going into next year. Four great starters with some really nice depth.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I am totally content with the trade up. It really wasn't that much: a 3rd & 4th to move up 23 spots? Not too shabby.

Patterson is totally boom or bust. The 1 year of big time production worries me a a bit, but as someone else said, he has the ability to learn from Jennings & can still contribute right away in the "Percy" type role ~ bubble screens, the return game, working out of the backfield.

I love that Spielman & company can make the draft very exciting. He has done a great job drafting since taking over.
It was a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th that we gave up to move back into the first round. I still think we gave up a lot for a player that could be a complete bust. I guess I am not a risk taker. But kudos to Speilman and co. for making the move. It was definitely exciting to watch.

I saw the trade and was frightened thinking that we were going to give up a first next year. :/

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
It was a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th that we gave up to move back into the first round. I still think we gave up a lot for a player that could be a complete bust. I guess I am not a risk taker. But kudos to Speilman and co. for making the move. It was definitely exciting to watch.

I saw the trade and was frightened thinking that we were going to give up a first next year. :/
Right. We gave up a 3rd, 4th, & 7th (which doesn't really count anyway) to move up 23 spots.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we try and deal Gerhart to get back into the 2nd round.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3rd, 4th, and 7th to move up 23 spots into the first is not bad at all. You are not the only one who is not sold on Patterson so I guess we will see what happens. I think he can be a difference maker on O and special teams. I also tend to like taking risks (really wanted Harvin, really wanted Janoris last year but Smith turned out to be a great pick regardless) and I think Patterson has such upside that the risk is worth it. This team needed to swing for the fences I think because if we hit a superbowl appearance is within reach.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Right. We gave up a 3rd, 4th, & 7th (which doesn't really count anyway) to move up 23 spots.
Exactly. With three 7ths I see giving up one of those picks as giving up pretty much nothing.

Quote:
I wonder if we try and deal Gerhart to get back into the 2nd round.
Would have to add in picks. I can't imagine Gerhart would net anything more than a 5th in return. I would rather hold on to him as insurance.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It's official. Spielman knows what the **** he's doing.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Rejoice! We didn't a future first for Te'o like I thought we would.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

that is good.

I wonder if they are going to trade back into the 3rd round. Spielman has now shown quite a willingness to move up (or down) for guys that they want. I see us moving up for a guard, middle linebacker, or safety in the late 3rd.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB got cleaned up pretty good before what had been our second pick. WR as well, with the best one available being Keenan Allen with major injury questions.

So the trade looks to have been expensive, but worth it.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow will be interesting. No idea who we will be looking at.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB is obviously still a huge need, but it looks like there's nobody special there.

Is the fourth late enough to gamble on a project QB if they keep falling?

If he keeps falling, I wouldn't mind grabbing Jesse Williams and getting that big fat guy we've been missing since Fat Pat.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
MLB is obviously still a huge need, but it looks like there's nobody special there.

Is the fourth late enough to gamble on a project QB if they keep falling?

If he keeps falling, I wouldn't mind grabbing Jesse Williams and getting that big fat guy we've been missing since Fat Pat.
I still like Kevin Reddick and Nico Johnson quite a bit at MLB and feel like both would be solid values in the 4th. Possibly Khaseem Greene, although he's more of an OLB, although I suppose Henderson could slide over to MLB. I'd be a big fan of Jesse Williams if he makes it the 120. Before everything came back about his medicals I thought he'd go in the 2nd, so unless his medicals are really serious, I'd definitely take a shot on him in the 4th.

As for a QB, taking Nassib, Barkley, Wilson, or Bray sometime tomorrow would be fine by me. I'd prefer to take a MLB, OG, or S before QB in the 4th unless the value just isn't there.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

There are still some really quality guys at safety I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Bacarri Rambo or shamarko Thomas. Rambo has a shot to be a stud and Thomas is super athletic and would be a special teams ace at the very least

I agree that we still need a guard and especially a MLB nico Johnson would be very solid in the 4th

Also anyone else hope we take a flyer on Lawrence okoye?

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Agreed. Looks like there is still plenty of quality players out there.

No particular order:

Jesse Williams
Barrett Jones
Shamarko Thomas
Khaseem Greene
Kevin Reddick
Akeem Spence
Bacari Rambo
Johnathon Franklin
Phillip Thomas

Probably several more, but i don't follow things quite as closely as most.

C'mon Speilman, finish this ***** off strong.

Baroot Baroot!!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Gerald Hodges (NFL):

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE Hodges is a converted safety who is growing into a NFL starting Sam linebacker’s frame -– but he still has the movement skills to bring down ballcarriers in space. Hodges most impressive trait is his ability to cover, however. He needs to improve at disengaging from blocks, but his coverage skills will likely see him selected on the second day.
Certainly can't argue with a coverage LB as the league gets more pass heavy.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he works for me. Seems like a player who can come right in and start for us. Mike Mayock was praising him on NFLN. As of right now I would assume our starting linebackers would be Greenway, Henderson (MLB), and Hodges.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dislike, many better players available
Old 04-27-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I prefer some of the other guys that were and a few who are still available, but no complaints with Hodges. He's excellent in coverage(he was a former safety), so that'll be nice in the pass heavy NFC North. I'd guess that Henderson slides to the middle unless they sign a free agent to play MLB, but Hodges could possibly stay on the field in the nickel from the start or at least, I'd expect him to do that more as the season progresses due to his coverage ability.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I'm going to be at work for the rest of the draft, so if any of you would be able to text me the Vikings picks, that would be greatly appreciated and +rep of course. Number is in white text: 507-458-3826

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: