Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They wouldn't give Freeman 3 million dollars if they didn't want him to play.
Bingo... Freeman has shown promise in previous years but has been struggling of late. It will be interesting to see what we do but 3 million does show you something.

We all know Ponder hasn't improved and even AD said that there was a difference in the huddle with Cassel because he owned the huddle and took control.

All in all, I don't care who our QB is as long as we win but neither of these QB's are going to lead us anywhere.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Robison, Minnesota Vikings sign deal extension

Quote:
Brian Robison is the rare player to sign a third contract with the team that drafted him. And he's done it in less than seven full seasons.

The Minnesota Vikings announced Wednesday that Robison signed a contract extension.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the deal is a four-year extension worth up to $28.3 million with escalators for sacks (in the ballpark of totals Robison's recently posted), per a source involved in the deal. Robison also earned a $5 million signing bonus and $13.1 million guaranteed, Rapoport adds. The deal averages $6.65 million over the first two years and $6 million over the final two years.

When Robison signed a three year, $14.1 million deal with the Vikes in 2011, he was a relative unknown reserve set to take Ray Edwards' starting job. Minnesota was criticized for the decision at the time, but Robison turned into a rock solid defensive end opposite Jared Allen. Edwards now is out of the NFL, and we'd argue that Robison is the best player on the team's defensive line.

Robison was chosen in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft by Brad Childress' regime in Minnesota, and he's outlasted most of his teammates. If the Vikings' move to pick up Josh Freeman at quarterback doesn't pan out, it wouldn't be surprising if Robison outlasted the current regime in Minnesota, too.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Allen back next season after this. I figure they keep either Allen or Robison. It would be great if they were able to keep both, but I just don't see them keeping Allen any longer.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'd like to see the Vikings hold on to all of them, but I've already come to the conclusion that Allen won't be back. Hopefully he'll go someplace he can go after a championship.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cal-condition/

Quote:
When reports emerged that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson missed practice and traveled to South Dakota due to a “medical issue involving [a] young family member that likely will be a police matter,” several tipsters linked the news to reports from Sioux Falls of a man named Robert Joseph Patterson charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, who is in critical condition.

TMZ reports that the link indeed exists, and that Peterson’s two-year-old son is in critical condition after being severely beaten, allegedly by Patterson.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to even read about it. I hope AP's son can recover.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm from Sioux Falls and that happened down the street from where I currently live. Scary stuff. Apparently from what I heard Patterson has a history of abuse.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'm from Sioux Falls and that happened down the street from where I currently live. Scary stuff. Apparently from what I heard Patterson has a history of abuse.
I'll find the article in a minute (argo something?) that has more detail and it does mention this guy having multiple assault/battery type arrests and a woman who filed for (but dropped) an order against him b/c he choked a little girl. POS.

EDIT: Found it. Though, after re-reading, they aren't clear with their pronouns so I'm not sure if the woman filed for protective orders b/c he choked her or the daughter. Not that it matters much, tbh.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ical-condition

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 10-11-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'll find the article in a minute (argo something?) that has more detail and it does mention this guy having multiple assault/battery type arrests and a woman who filed for (but dropped) an order against him b/c he choked a little girl. POS.

EDIT: Found it. Though, after re-reading, they aren't clear with their pronouns so I'm not sure if the woman filed for protective orders b/c he choked her or the daughter. Not that it matters much, tbh.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ical-condition
I thought the same thing when reading it. It's the Argus Leader, lol. It's worse than any other news paper i've read.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And this is the part that pisses me off the most.

How often are innocent people like this toddler, or anyone, harmed or killed by animals who already had shown a history of violence or abuse?

Judges or our system need to be blown up.

Why are these animals thrown back out there amongst us when they've shown to be not human? We don't need violent criminals on the streets around your and my families, sisters, kids, etc. Lock the ******* up. Build more prisons and pack these ******* up like sardines. Who cares if they're overcrowded. And don't spend money on them either, feed them leftover dog food.

I'll be honest. I dislike the Vikings. I love Adrian Peterson. But I hate criminals and I hate judges who slap the wrists of them instead of chopping their damn hands off.

I hate when tragedy like this takes over sports.
Aaron Hernandez case still baffles me. This is so much sadder.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

This team is just terrible. I doubt a new quarterback is going to fix anything.fix the defense first that can't stop anything.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
And this is the part that pisses me off the most.

How often are innocent people like this toddler, or anyone, harmed or killed by animals who already had shown a history of violence or abuse?

Judges or our system need to be blown up.

Why are these animals thrown back out there amongst us when they've shown to be not human? We don't need violent criminals on the streets around your and my families, sisters, kids, etc. Lock the ******* up. Build more prisons and pack these ******* up like sardines. Who cares if they're overcrowded. And don't spend money on them either, feed them leftover dog food.

I'll be honest. I dislike the Vikings. I love Adrian Peterson. But I hate criminals and I hate judges who slap the wrists of them instead of chopping their damn hands off.

I hate when tragedy like this takes over sports.
Aaron Hernandez case still baffles me. This is so much sadder.
Read the article above that Elvis posted. The article days the woman that he abused dropped the charges. Can't do much as a judge when the plaintiff drops the charges...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are so bad, I just dont have the words...
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then, this isn't good.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RBPower26
Rookie

RBPower26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How do we fix this team!?...I know, it obviously lies in the coaching. However, at this point in the season I don't see how you can fire Leslie. Who would become the interim? I have no confidence in any of our coaches and it looks like we are moving in the direction of a complete coaching overhaul, which I am okay with...I know this is horrible but I am hoping that we continue to be horrible, get a solid top 12 pick and then flip coaching staffs...
RBPower26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read the article above that Elvis posted. The article days the woman that he abused dropped the charges. Can't do much as a judge when the plaintiff drops the charges...
It's the District Attorney (or whatever terminology the jurisdiction uses) who makes those decisions, not victims. If I was a DA, screw these dumb women who don't want to testify, make them testify and get the scum off the streets.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPower26 View Post
How do we fix this team!?...I know, it obviously lies in the coaching. However, at this point in the season I don't see how you can fire Leslie. Who would become the interim? I have no confidence in any of our coaches and it looks like we are moving in the direction of a complete coaching overhaul, which I am okay with...I know this is horrible but I am hoping that we continue to be horrible, get a solid top 12 pick and then flip coaching staffs...
Well if you look at our schedule its not in our favor. Going ahead we play the @ Giants, Packers, @ Cowboys, Redskins, @ Seahawks, @ Packers, Bears, @ Ravens, Eagles, @ Bengals and then the Lions... Look at that at best we could go 3- 8 if we keep playing the way we have been. In that scenario I have us winning against Redskins, Eagles and Lions but even then I'm not that confident.

I like Frazier but he isn't going to get the job done and I wouldn't care if we got rid of both or coordinators too.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there's anything that will get this defense on track, it's play Eli Manning. Historically, our defense has abused him.

In 5 games, Eli is 94/176 (53.4%) for 1011 yards, 3 TDs and 11 INTs.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have little doubt that we're going to give the Giants their first win. Eli is having a terrible season but they still have weapons on offense and our secondary is putrid. It may even be a blowout.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

At this point, the whole coaching staff needs to go. If not now, at the end of the season. When you have a defensive minded coach, and a defense that is giving up 30+ points a game, something ain't right. I don't believe the offense is really the issue...But the offense can't seem to put up enough points to beat a team when they score 30+ on us. It's all bad.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Well Freeman is officially our Starter.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well Freeman is officially our Starter.
I really want to see him succeed and think he can. The game against the Patriots he was very good and his receivers let him down in a big way. Ultimately, he had the party boy coach and then the old school jackass. With a coaching staff somewhere in the middle, I think he could be a very good QB. The offensive weapons are certainly there with Jennings, Patterson, Rudolph, and Peterson.

Anybody like him? What's the fan base reaction?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I really want to see him succeed and think he can. The game against the Patriots he was very good and his receivers let him down in a big way. Ultimately, he had the party boy coach and then the old school jackass. With a coaching staff somewhere in the middle, I think he could be a very good QB. The offensive weapons are certainly there with Jennings, Patterson, Rudolph, and Peterson.

Anybody like him? What's the fan base reaction?
I was at the game on Sunday and by halfway through the third quarter, there were quite a few chants for Freeman, especially after Cassel's second pick, which was stupid because he wasn't even active, but whatever. From what I've gathered, there's optimism there from a large portion of the fan base.

I'm not expecting much, but then again I hated him coming out of college and was praying the Vikings didn't draft him.

As far as I'm concerned this season is a total bust and they need to worry about finding out what they have for the future, which to me means playing guys like Freeman, Everson Griffen, and all the rookies more, but the coaching staff has continued to barely play the rookies at all, despite guys like Josh Robinson being utter ****.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm a bit optimistic about Freeman starting, but I do not want to be overly optimistic. I agree with marshall and I think we should be starting rookies.

Unless Freeman completely turns this season around which seems unlikely, frazier and co. will be gone.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPower26 View Post
I'm most concerned about flipping the entire coaching staff. We need new blood with a new attitude. A new QB would be fun too. We have holes all over, but we need to find a QB or Vikings fans will can continue to be self-loathing, jaded, assholes. But if we can get Clowney I'm all for that as well. I JUST WANT NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote