Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-09-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Griffen get the chance as a 3-4 OLB. Him and Robison on the outside with Greenway at ILB with someone else would be an interesting LB corps. Move Floyd to one of the DEs and focus the offseason on acquiring talent at all three levels. I could get behind it.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love Zimmer as the coach of this team.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caplan reporting Zimmer is getting a second interview.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Scott Linehan as a potential OC?

Todd Bowles is also getting a second interview.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 01-11-2014 at 04:09 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linehan is boring. That's my opinion. Never really did anything to make me feel he was "ahead" of the defence.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Caplan reporting Zimmer is getting a second interview.
Zimmer is a great defensive coach.
I hope he doesn't end up your guy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glazer says the Vikings have hired Zimmer.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Glazer says the Vikings have hired Zimmer.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I'm pleased with it. Sounds like he's targeting some veterans OCs that he can be comfortable leaving control of the offense to. Makes sense, especially if it's a former HC he can lean on for advice/info for.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, a head coaching hire I can get behind.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing a lot of rumors of Linehan being OC. I wouldn't say he is an upgrade over Musgrave at this point. From what I have heard as well, Musgrave could keep the job as OC.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Shefty says Vikings requested to interview Norv Turner. I'd be alright with Norv. Browns had a top-third offense with Campbell/Weeden (for much of the year) and some running back named Obsfsfsbgvaad (As well as Gordon and Cameron, which leaves me to believe he could utilize Patterson/Rudolph/Jennings if he got the job).
Old 01-15-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the hire. Would be great if we got Norv for OC.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
My feelings on the Zimmer hire, too.

I would do some backflips if Norv came here as OC.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Zimmer hire a lot. And would love it if they got Norv for an offensive coordinator.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and this was a pre-season game!

**** yeah, this is the attitude that i want as a head coach.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YESSSSS I love it. Let's go Mike.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. You got one hell of a coach.
He will weed out the **** heads quick enough.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Matty B
Rookie

Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matty B is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucky bastards, you guys got the HC and are probably getting the OC (Norv) who I wanted my Lions to get. Maybe I should become a Vikings fan?
Matty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Sounds like Norv is close to coming aboard.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't be happier with our coaching hires.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

I know... It feels weird, doesn't it?

Denny Green was hired when I was 13 so I had no opinion of him, but this is the first Vikings coaching hire that I approve of. I hated Tice, disliked Childress from the get go, & didn't want Frazier.

I am trying not to get ahead of anything, but man I am psyched about Zimmer. Especially if Norval comes in, too.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post

...and this was a pre-season game!

**** yeah, this is the attitude that i want as a head coach.
OMG is that SEXY!

Sh**....I knew this guy was a good coach based on his results, and was not happy you got him.

But seeing this, I am really pissed off.

This guy coaches and talks exactly how I do.... dammit.

And Norv is a great hire for OC.... very good 2 days here for the Purple.

Congrats.
Hope I'm wrong.

Still, what a great clip posted.... I want this guy mic'd up all the time.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I know... It feels weird, doesn't it?

Denny Green was hired when I was 13 so I had no opinion of him, but this is the first Vikings coaching hire that I approve of. I hated Tice, disliked Childress from the get go, & didn't want Frazier.

I am trying not to get ahead of anything, but man I am psyched about Zimmer. Especially if Norval comes in, too.
Exactly how I feel. For once it seems like we're making the right decisions and headed in a good direction. We've got a HC with a really good defensive background that can focus on that side of the ball, and an damn good OC that can focus on fixing our passing game.

I'm really liking this combination of coaches. Now we just need another solid draft and we can start making some noise in a weak division.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Quote:
The Vikings aren’t wasting much time filling out Mike Zimmer’s first staff.

Norv Turner is reportedly close to becoming their offensive coordinator and Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports that Dolphins linebackers coach George Edwards is leaving his current job to be the defensive coordinator. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that a deal is not done yet, however.

Edwards spent the 2003 season as the Redskins’ defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier and had the same job with the Bills during the 2010 and 2011 seasons before being replaced by Dave Wannstedt before Chan Gailey’s final year as the head coach in Buffalo. This was his second season as the Dolphins’ linebackers coach and he also had a previous stint in that role from 2005 to 2009.

Edwards worked for Zimmer in Dallas for a couple of years before making the jump to Washington. Zimmer hasn’t said whether he’ll be calling the defenses in Minnesota, although that question will likely be asked during his introductory press conference on Friday morning.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote